Bill

Meanwhile, in the land of bin

All their good work at Brizzle seems to have come undone with Millwall winning at Brum and Rotherham wining at QPR the latter getting a winner after 95 mins

I doubt anyone would have had those two down for an away win

So 13 points adrift with 9 games left we rather have the Countdown clock started.

They can get 50 points max at the moment. Three defeats and a couple of wins from those above them and down the plug hole they go...glorious history and all

image.jpeg.5aae5f64b55c84efd1297248a03f2523.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Anyone know the earliest date that a team has been relegated from the Championship? Asking for a friend of course.............

Was it Mick McCarthy?

• Haha 2

I was wondering what the cheers will be like at CR when the final scores come through at the end of the game and Ipswich are confirmed as being down.

It's getting worse for them though, I think that they have only momentarily reduced the gap by 1 point max over a week or so, only for it to be widened the following week.

Lambert's first game in charge, 3rd Nov. '18, at home to PNE, they were only 5 points from safety.
21 games later, they're 13 points from safety. 

20 points behind Norwich  3rd Nov. Now 52.

Raise a glass to Paul Lambert !!

Yes. looking very lonely down there... these are today's table v's same stage last year and points change.

Visual Table 37 games.jpg

Edited by Surfer
  • Like 1

This has inspired me!

Land of the Binner (to Men at Work's Land Down Under)

I met a man from Millwall

6'4 and built like a brick wall

I said "you seen a winner?"

He smil'd and said "More than you binner"

I come from a land of binner

Where the squad is thin, an' gettin' thinner

Without a win, I can't eat dinner

Means this season I'm gettin' slimmer

I saw a boy from Blackburn

His face gave me heartburn

Then he shouted something at me

Sounded like "You must miss McCarthy"

I come from a land of binner

A foreign thing is a winner

Survival chances gettin' slimmer

No squad, no hope, it's gettin' dimmer

I'm off again to Portman Road

Were games ebb never flow

I said "Man this is the worst?"

Lambert said "At least I'm not Hurst"

I come from the land of binner

Where the squad is thin and gettin' thinner

Will I ever see a winner?

Survival chances gettin' slimmer

I come from the land of binner

Come on , Keane, score a winner

Things are dim and gettin' dimmer

Squad is thin and gettin' thinner.

• Thanks 1

Quite frankly Lambert has been an absolute disaster.The gap in points between ITFC has increased to thirteen from five when he took over.

All but a few of them have failed to be convinced by his "rhetoric" and make excuses, including blaming everybody and everything instead of the incumbent who has overseen the disaster.

Evans, their paymaster, usually comes first but Hurst seems to be getting the brunt of their venom, the captain, injuries and plain 'bad luck' are also included in the blame game.

They are most critical of Hurst's signings yet five of them apparently started on Tuesday when they again "out played" a top six side yet needed an own goal to get another draw.

It now seems that if they had stuck with Hurst they may have had a better chance of survival yet they are blinded to this obvious conclusion by the (virtual) win less wonder's constant bull shine.

Agent Lambert did wonders for our club. He continues to give us satisfaction long after he has left Carrow Road,

I don't feel as if gloirifying their downfall is particularly classy, but then I don't like seeing anyone suffer, wherever they come from.  Mind you, if I had to choose who would be relegated, they would be top of the list.  I don't like seeing Lambert suffer either after his three years success with us, but then he has brought a lot of flack on himself and overall you look at it and think that he and they are a good fit for going down.  When Lambert was here it was a perfect storm in a good way, now it looks as if it is the same thing there now, just in the opposite direction. 

Next season will be the real test for him and them and if he struggles to get anything going early on next season, the writing will be on the wall for him as a manager and them as a club. People might think League 1 is an easy league, but it most certainly won't be easy for them to get straight back up. We had just got Grant Holt who proved to be a huge character for us in our success - who have they got that can be that character?  And which coaches are going to step up and be the influence that Culverhouse was?

Good luck to them, they are going to need it!

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I don't feel as if gloirifying their downfall is particularly classy, but then I don't like seeing anyone suffer, wherever they come from.  Mind you, if I had to choose who would be relegated, they would be top of the list.  I don't like seeing Lambert suffer either after his three years success with us, but then he has brought a lot of flack on himself and overall you look at it and think that he and they are a good fit for going down.  When Lambert was here it was a perfect storm in a good way, now it looks as if it is the same thing there now, just in the opposite direction. 

Next season will be the real test for him and them and if he struggles to get anything going early on next season, the writing will be on the wall for him as a manager and them as a club. People might think League 1 is an easy league, but it most certainly won't be easy for them to get straight back up. We had just got Grant Holt who proved to be a huge character for us in our success - who have they got that can be that character?  And which coaches are going to step up and be the influence that Culverhouse was?

Good luck to them, they are going to need it!

Good luck to them? Are you actually a Norwich fan? 🤨

When Farke moves on from us (hopefully not for a long time) and should he return to CR as an opposing manager, there is no way he would act with the complete void of class shown by Lambert, not only last month but also when he returned with Villa. He worked wonders with us but Norwich City gave his career lift off, a career that is now collapsing into complete obscurity. As we witness the new low in this rapidly declining career, it’s made all the more beautiful that it’s with that lot down the road. The two were destined to meet at this moment, 1p5wich finally receiving their karma from waving notes at us all those seasons ago and then consistently clinging on in the championship, and Lambert, not only waving goodbye to his Premier League career but to his championship one as well.

Im sad to feel this way after all he did for us but it’s all his own doing. One day he’ll look back and regret his actions (if he isn’t already), but for now, he’s where he belongs, Lambert and 1p5wich belong together.

• Like 1

Living deep in binner land and having taken so much flak over the years, me and my merry band of fellow City fans....

LOVE IT