Sign in to follow this  
unique

Remaining Fixtures

It has been noted that Norwich have now played many of the top teams twice, and their remaining fixtures look favorable (on paper, at least).

The following figures add the league positions of the teams yet to play, so the higher the figure the better!

Norwich City         246/16        Avg - 15.37

Derby County        242/17        Avg - 14.23

Leeds United        221/16         Avg - 13.81

Birmingham City  213/16         Avg - 13.31

Sheffield United   209/16         Avg - 13.06

WBA                      221/17         Avg - 13.00

Middlesboro        216/17          Avg - 12.70

Hull                       196/16          Avg - 12.25

Bristol City           193/17          Avg - 11.35

Aston Villa           173/16          Avg - 10.81

Conclusion

1!) I have too much time on my hands.

2) Norwich have far and away the best fixtures on paper.

3) I wouldn't be backing Villa for a Top Six spot.

4)Fingers crossed for a good FA Cup run from Derby, and to a lesser extent WBA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

And Boro tonight Unique. Extra time and penalties is the order of the day.

Plus injuries and red cards👍

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Plus injuries and red cards👍

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

And Boro tonight Unique. Extra time and penalties is the order of the day.

Are you so sure about that? Boro's next 2 league games are Leeds and Sheff U. Need them getting a hard earned point from each of those, surely.  Now WBA v Brighton is a different matter. Lets hope for both to continue their cup runs, though. Check out the fixtures for the next couple of weeks, and also the potential 5th round ties. it gets awfully complicated working out what to wish for. it was like when Sammy Ameobi got sent off earlier this season at FCR, and we scored. it did mean, though, he missed Bolton's next game against Leeds. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, makham said:

Are you so sure about that? Boro's next 2 league games are Leeds and Sheff U. Need them getting a hard earned point from each of those, surely.  Now WBA v Brighton is a different matter. Lets hope for both to continue their cup runs, though. Check out the fixtures for the next couple of weeks, and also the potential 5th round ties. it gets awfully complicated working out what to wish for. it was like when Sammy Ameobi got sent off earlier this season at FCR, and we scored. it did mean, though, he missed Bolton's next game against Leeds. 

Demoralising cup defeat it is then!

They had better bounce back with a win v's Leeds on Saturday - it will be the perfect tonic for them! 

Edited by Surfer

Just to put Ipswich Town’s plight into the mix :-

180/16       Avg - 11.25

Little to no chance of escaping relegation.

Before the Leeds game I listed the remaining fixtures of top 6 and Villa.  City have one remaining fixture against current top 6 i.e. Mid'Boro.  The rest have 3 or 4 except for Derby who have one, but Villa face all top 6 so will find it tough and in no form at all.  The catchword is consistency and 2 defeats in 26, 13 unbeaten away from home, only one game lost by more than 1 goal.  Guess Who?

Leeds falling away, Sheff Utd most consistent of top 6, WBA suspect defence, Boro too defensive don't score enough, Derby too inconsistent.  I am not going to announce City to be Champs winners but its looking good, even if it doesn't happen I think Webber can be called a genius and yet to receive the plaudits he deserves.

Just waiting to hear Farke was signed up long time ago but the news was kept quiet to avoid unnecessary publicity, want to hear it announced at a promotion party. 

Just because we're playing teams who aren't in the top 6 now doesn't mean those games will be easy wins.  Hull, Bristol City and Preston are on decent runs, so those games will be tough.  In many respects the form table is a better guide in the short term than the league table.

10 hours ago, Woodman said:

In many respects the form table is a better guide in the short term than the league table.

I'm inclined to agree with this,  which is why Leeds fans should be so concerned, their form has fallen off a cliff recently, unlike us their games included a defeat to Stoke and a scuffed win against Rotherham. Boro is almost a must win or the chasing pack will have caught up. 

Another way of looking at this is to look at how we have performed against the teams we have played twice.

There are 7 of them and they include 3 teams in the top 6, another 3 teams in the top 12 and only 1 in the bottom half (17th)

In the first set of fixtures we got 8 points from those 7 games (1.14 points per game).

We scored an average of 1.42 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.85 goals per game.

Our GD was -3

The run was D, L, L, L, D, W, W,

In the second set of fixtures we got 10 points from those 7 games (1.43 points per game)

We scored an average 2.28 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.85 goals per game.

Our GD was +6

The run was D, L, D, D, W, D, W.

On 06/02/2019 at 16:16, pete said:

Before the Leeds game I listed the remaining fixtures of top 6 and Villa.  City have one remaining fixture against current top 6 i.e. Mid'Boro.  The rest have 3 or 4 except for Derby who have one, but Villa face all top 6 so will find it tough and in no form at all.  The catchword is consistency and 2 defeats in 26, 13 unbeaten away from home, only one game lost by more than 1 goal.  Guess Who?

Leeds falling away, Sheff Utd most consistent of top 6, WBA suspect defence, Boro too defensive don't score enough, Derby too inconsistent.  I am not going to announce City to be Champs winners but its looking good, even if it doesn't happen I think Webber can be called a genius and yet to receive the plaudits he deserves.

Just waiting to hear Farke was signed up long time ago but the news was kept quiet to avoid unnecessary publicity, want to hear it announced at a promotion party. 

Hi Pete,

I couldn't find that fixture list - any chance of pointing me in it's direction? (Sorry, don't know how to make this a PM)

• Confused 1

Here's a list of remaining "6point and bananaskin"" fixtures for the  top 7 teams.

3 Norwich: Ipswich (h) Bristol (h) Middlesbro (a)

4 Derby:  Ipswich (a)  Forest (a)  Bristol (a) West Brom (h) 

4 Middlesbro: Leeds (h) Sheff U (a) Norwich (h) Bristol (h)

5 Leeds:  Middlesbro (a) WBA (h) Bristol (a) Sheff U (h) Ipswich (a) 

6 Sheff U: Middlesbro (h) WBA (a) Sheff W (a) Leeds (a) Bristol (h) Ipswich (h) 

6 WBA: Sheff U (h) Leeds (a) Ipswich (h) Birmingham (h) Bristol (a) Derby (a) 

6 Bristol:  Norwich (a)  Ipswich (h) Sheff U (a) Middlesbro (a) WBA (h) Derby (h)