Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Martin O’Neil to forest

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

The Roy Hodgson model. 

Got far more time for Hodgson than O'Neil at this point. I think Hodgson can actually be quite forward thinking and open to new ideas, O'Neil seems to be a busted flush at this point who hasn't moved on from his early 2000's heydey. 

56 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The Roy Hodgson model. 

Must be a Warhammer one...

Edited by BobLoz3

44 minutes ago, king canary said:

Got far more time for Hodgson than O'Neil at this point. I think Hodgson can actually be quite forward thinking and open to new ideas, O'Neil seems to be a busted flush at this point who hasn't moved on from his early 2000's heydey. 

Hodgson is a terrific coach and manager. Vast experience gained from Europe. Has adapted well to so many different situations. 71 years old and still outwitting PL coaches.

I only meant international manager back in club football for the comparison.

Personally feel it is a terrible decision. Didn’t see anything from his Ireland team to suggest he is good enough to get a championship job. 

Forest also have a director of football who makes all the decisions around players to sign etc. Can’t see how that is a going to work with an old school guy like O’Neill. Especially as Forest seem to want exciting attacking football. 

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Hodgson is a terrific coach and manager. Vast experience gained from Europe. Has adapted well to so many different situations. 71 years old and still outwitting PL coaches.

I only meant international manager back in club football for the comparison.

Ah, fair enough.

I think Hodgson often gets thrown into the same 'washed up' barrel as Allerdyce, Hughes etc by some which I think is very unfair on him.

Been having great craic about this one, MoN and RK!!! 

After the debacle of their last year in charge of Ireland, I fail to see how either got another job, let alone both, at the same Club!!!!!

Ha Ha bliddy Ha!!

Indeed, their performance was pretty poor in recent times with Ireland. Boggles the mind how a team with Roy Keane as a coach could have a playing philosophy which disregards the entire midfield area. O'Neill came across in recent times as cantankerous, old-fashioned and lacking in ideas with little to no confidence in the players at his disposal.

At the risk of eating my words, this looks like a tidy appointment for Forest's promotion rivals. Lovely