Sign in to follow this  
River End Canary

Do we need a feeder club?

The strategy is to bring through our own talent but would this be better served if we had a formal tie up with a lower league club where our talent could go to get competitive game time to develop and at the same time help the other club 

Was thinking of someone like Colchester or MK dons 

We could have a say in the coaching methods etc etc if we had a formal tie up

Seem to be doing okay with our loans as we are so probably not needed.

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

The scum? We could feed them all the s hit we don’t want.

Not sure about that, even the players not getting in our squad would improve them at the moment.

Dortmund as a feeder club?  If Poland beat Portugal in the nations league tonight (Portugal have already qualified, so don't need to win), the German team - after already being relegated to the second level of the competition, could be demoted to the second level of qualification for the Euro 2020 pot. This follows a really poor World Cup for them as well.  I'm no expert, but is German football on the decline after so many years of dominance?

I'd imagine if we did go the feeder club route it might be somewhere in Holland, based on our keenness to loan our players there.

1 hour ago, Woodman said:

Dortmund as a feeder club?  If Poland beat Portugal in the nations league tonight (Portugal have already qualified, so don't need to win), the German team - after already being relegated to the second level of the competition, could be demoted to the second level of qualification for the Euro 2020 pot. This follows a really poor World Cup for them as well.  I'm no expert, but is German football on the decline after so many years of dominance?

It's funny you should bring this up as I was having the exact same conversation with a colleague yesterday.

Personally, I think the England side have tried to emulate what the Germans did a while back, by bringing through younger talent and also having an emphasis on English players playing in the English leagues. In my opinion, the reason the German side have slid recently is because they have an ageing squad now and haven't really been instrumental in promoting a whole bunch of youth players as they did previously. The ones they do have coming through aren't quite at the quality (yet) that players like Ozil, Kroos, Muller etc. were at that time.