PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

It is the American constitution, it's judiciary and democracy that is now being stress tested by Trump. His actions were unprecedented and thought impossible - beyond imagination.

I lost track a long time ago of how many laws suits, felonies and the like he is being charged with.

91 felonies. That's how utterly screwed up the Republican Party now is. Their candidate for presidency is a man facing 91 felonies. 

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

I think you will find that Trump has twice been acquitted of insurrection by the US Senate. I will be very surprised if his name is not on the ballot in November.

Impeachment by the Senate is not impartial.  It isn't the equivalent of a trial in a court of law. 

A two-thirds majority is required for conviction.  The makeup of the Senate was almost evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.  A record number of Republicans did vote against their President, resulting in a simple majority of 57-43, but a two-thirds majority was never a remote possibility. 

Trump's acquittal by the Senate has no bearing on what a court decides.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Like 3

The 2-1 Biden wins Presidency should be free money if you think Trump will be banned.

My thinking so far is Trump will stand and it will be Trump v Newsom.

1 hour ago, horsefly said:

91 felonies. That's how utterly screwed up the Republican Party now is. Their candidate for presidency is a man facing 91 felonies. 

He's trying to get in so he can pardon himself, buttressed by a Supreme Court apparently in his favour.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He's trying to get in so he can pardon himself, buttressed by a Supreme Court apparently in his favour.

Exactly!  He knows he's going to lose the electoral fraud case; several of his key co-conspirators have already admitted guilt and plea bargained by providing evidence of Trump's direct involvement. His only hope is to delay the trial so he can become president and pardon himself. If that happened, however, US democracy would be plunged into its biggest ever crisis. The idea that a sitting president could be found guilty of electoral fraud and remain in power would require ripping up the US constitution. It's as if the Republican Party learned absolutely nothing from Watergate. How they have allowed themselves to get into this mess is beyond understanding.

Oh dear! Yet another taped phone call has come to light of Trump trying to coerce election officials to commit electoral fraud. Not looking good for the orange Jesus:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/trump-caught-on-tape-pressuring-officials-not-to-certify-2020-vote-report-says/ar-AA1lUs6v?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=fd958cad4f524275b14ffdc78a0b5c0c&ei=22

• Like 1

The Supreme Court has declined to fast track the Trump immunity case.

Pretty certain he will be on the ballot and if the polls stay as they are he will win.

Any bets on Assassination?

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

Pretty certain he will be on the ballot and if the polls stay as they are he will win.

Trump or Biden? Or both? 

12 hours ago, ricardo said:

It's a nice thought, but who's gonna do it?

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

It's a nice thought, but who's gonna do it?

Lee Harvey Oswald.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ricardo said:

I think the biggest worry must be the US educational system. Who would actually vote for Trump having watched him at Capitol Hill? They observe an attempted insurrection live on their TV screens and believe he was the injured party, even years later. The witch trials were examples of contagion in large part too. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ricardo said:

It delays things by about month, apparently. 

15 hours ago, ricardo said:

Beamed up by Aliens  - or an Act of God 

On 21/12/2023 at 06:21, Herman said:

He attempted a coup on the American Republic. He shouldn't even be allowed to stand again. Blimey. How hard is it to understand for these people!!

Yes it's funny how people who are so anti the literal application of the  2nd amendment of the US constitution have arrested plenty of pensioners so that they can twist the 14th amendment to fit their political agenda.

The people of the United States should 100% vote for them, they are not corrupt in any way.

This is going to be probably the most important election in world history if Trump runs. Much like the British, the Americans take a very singular view of politics and aren't remotely concerned about world affairs. They have little interest in the war in Ukraine and will vote accordingly. 

That means that Europe is going to have to fund Ukraine or accept that Putin will set about recreating the USSR. 

The degree of interference in the American election from Russia will be off the scale. Trump won before using social media and with the help of Russia he'll probably win again. 

I find it terrifying that the Democrats will go with Biden. There must be someone else surely? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

This is going to be probably the most important election in world history if Trump runs. Much like the British, the Americans take a very singular view of politics and aren't remotely concerned about world affairs. They have little interest in the war in Ukraine and will vote accordingly. 

That means that Europe is going to have to fund Ukraine or accept that Putin will set about recreating the USSR. 

The degree of interference in the American election from Russia will be off the scale. Trump won before using social media and with the help of Russia he'll probably win again. 

I find it terrifying that the Democrats will go with Biden. There must be someone else surely? 

You think even a change of running mate would help.

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Yes it's funny how people who are so anti the literal application of the  2nd amendment of the US constitution have arrested plenty of pensioners so that they can twist the 14th amendment to fit their political agenda.

The people of the United States should 100% vote for them, they are not corrupt in any way.

Who are these pensioners that have been arrested?

Second Amendment Right to Bear ArmsA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How does the 2nd Amendment allow pensioners to be arrested so that the 14th can be twisted?

Ratified after the Civil War, the 14th Amendment says American officials who “engage in” insurrection can't hold future office. But the provision is vague and doesn't say how the ban should be enforced.

Have you ever said anything that makes any sense?

• Like 2

All I know is that American 'democracy' is already a derelict if the GOP offer Trump and Democrats no better than Biden. Neither are credible sensible choices.

Putin and Xi are laughing. They've won any argument!

Edited by Yellow Fever

On 30/12/2023 at 10:45, A Load of Squit said:

Who are these pensioners that have been arrested?

Second Amendment Right to Bear ArmsA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

How does the 2nd Amendment allow pensioners to be arrested so that the 14th can be twisted?

Ratified after the Civil War, the 14th Amendment says American officials who “engage in” insurrection can't hold future office. But the provision is vague and doesn't say how the ban should be enforced.

Have you ever said anything that makes any sense?

Happy new year.

I would ask that you read my post again.

"Yes it's funny how people who are so anti the literal application of the  2nd amendment of the US constitution have arrested plenty of pensioners so that they can twist the 14th amendment to fit their political agenda."

I never said anyone had been arrested under the 2nd amendment, you are just twisting my words, as those who are twisting the 14th amendment to suit the political agenda. What I meant was over 950 people, including pensioners, have been arrested and charged with insurrection (which it was not, it was actually less of a protest than what was led by Rashida Talib as the doors were opened for the J6 protesters, where Talib's cronies actually stormed the Capitol), so that the Democrats can pull their "it's the most free and fair election ever" trick again whilst preventing the majority of voting for their preferred candidate because he has been charged under the 14th amendment. It's quite North Korean. Prevent democracy whilst proclaiming to be the People's Democratic Republic.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Happy new year.

"Yes it's funny how people who are so anti the literal application of the  2nd amendment of the US constitution have arrested plenty of pensioners so that they can twist the 14th amendment to fit their political agenda."

I never said anyone had been arrested under the 2nd amendment, you are just twisting my words, as those who are twisting the 14th amendment to suit the political agenda. What I meant was over 950 people, including pensioners, have been arrested and charged with insurrection (which it was not, it was actually less of a protest than what was led by Rashida Talib as the doors were opened for the J6 protesters, where Talib's cronies actually stormed the Capitol), so that the Democrats can pull their "it's the most free and fair election ever" trick again whilst preventing the majority of voting for their preferred candidate because he has been charged under the 14th amendment. It's quite North Korean. Prevent democracy whilst proclaiming to be the People's Democratic Republic.

Oh and p.s.

Everything I have said has been logical and consistent and it has always made sense. I am sorry you don't understand logic and common sense. I get it, common sense is my super power.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

4 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

Happy new year.

The year was only a few hours old and the stupidest post of the year competition has already been won.

The Madder than Tucker Carlson Trophy is in the post.  

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

What I meant was over 950 people, including pensioners, have been arrested and charged with insurrection (which it was not, it was actually less of a protest than what was led by Rashida Talib as the doors were opened for the J6 protesters, where Talib's cronies actually stormed the Capitol), so that the Democrats can pull their "it's the most free and fair election ever" trick again whilst preventing the majority of voting for their preferred candidate because he has been charged under the 14th amendment. It's quite North Korean. Prevent democracy whilst proclaiming to be the People's Democratic Republic.

Insurrectionists smashing their way through windows into the Capitol. What rot eh Big Toe, just kindly old people politely asking to be let into the Capitol. And that chant "Hang Mike Pence", all they meant was hang a picture of Mile Pence to celebrate his commitment to the peaceful transfer of power.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

The year was only a few hours old and the stupidest post of the year competition has already been won.

The Madder than Tucker Carlson Trophy is in the post.  

You're missing my point. I don't know if it is intentionally, I haven't made my point clearly enough or if you just lack the mental capacity to understand what I am saying (with Horsefly I know it is the latter so I won't address his response)?

The democrats have bounded about the word "insurrection" just for this reason, so they can use the 14th amendment undemocratically to attempt to prevent a political rival from running. It is Putin-esque. You cannot "save democracy" (a phrase democrats are currently fond of bounding about in their propaganda) by preventing democracy. I hope you can understand that?

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You're missing my point. I don't know if it is intentionally, I haven't made my point clearly enough or if you just lack the mental capacity to understand what I am saying (with Horsefly I know it is the latter so I won't address his response)?

The democrats have bounded about the word "insurrection" just for this reason, so they can use the 14th amendment undemocratically to attempt to prevent a political rival from running. It is Putin-esque. You cannot "save democracy" (a phrase democrats are currently fond of bounding about in their propaganda) by preventing democracy. I hope you can understand that?

Sorry, but it's not remotely Putinesque. Mobs storming government buildings threatening public representatives at the behest of a President making baseless allegations of election rigging (against the sitting president of all the ridiculous allegations possible) fits the definition of insurrection perfectly.

Trump literally tried to destroy the whole system to try and keep power. If American democracy falls, we'll all fall with it. God help us all if he's elected again.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

You cannot "save democracy" (a phrase democrats are currently fond of bounding about in their propaganda) by preventing democracy. I hope you can understand that?

What a shame you "lack the mental capacity" (as you put it) to understand your own words. The peaceful transfer of power after a democratic election is a fundamental principle of the US constitution.  Storming the Capitol to prevent that happening is precisely to engage in insurrectionist behaviour. It is also why a number of the J6 rioters have been jailed by the US courts specifically for the crime of insurrection. Perhaps those judges should have asked for your expert knowledge on the US Constitution and US law before they did so. As an American might say, Jeez!!!

Posted (edited)

Obvious as hell what Trump wants. He wants to get in again and pardon himself, buttressed by a biased Supreme Court where he picked three of the judges, and give himself licence to wreak the kind of havoc that benefits him above all. And he'll take the USA down with it.

See Netanyahu's attempts at gutting the Supreme Court in Israel for details.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 2

Well, if this doesn't put the "buh we wuz rubbed" nonsense, peddled by liars and believed by window-lickers, then as we say in Germany, the hops and malt have been lost.

Even the guy who was tasked by Trump to find fraud couldn't find any.

Trump's lies about 2020 election undermine US democracy in 2024 (usatoday.com)

• Like 1