PurpleCanary

The Never-President Trump

You have to worry for the USA given Trumps outbursts and his delinquent base support that places him above the law - that should he somehow 'win' the next GE that may well be the last honest and fair one in the USA for a very long time!

Its as serious as that for the USA as a democratic country by western standards.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I think they got Trump on this one. What's the minimum sentence?

Apparently 63 months is the minimum. The maximum would seem him die inside.

8 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Apparently 63 months is the minimum. The maximum would seem him die inside.

Hmmm let's see him get out of this one

1 hour ago, Yellow Fever said:

You have to worry for the USA given Trumps outbursts and his delinquent base support that places him above the law - that should he somehow 'win' the next GE that may well be the last honest and fair one in the USA for a very long time!

Its as serious as that for the USA as a democratic country by western standards.

The fact that many were oblivious to how close we came last time was a great worry. 

• Like 1

To be fair, the USA was a dysfunctional democracy even before Trump got in. He was just a symptom of it, not the whole disease. Similar strains are becoming more prevalent here in the UK.

I'll always propose going full Swiss as a partial antidote, but greater monitoring of the media/political financing really has to be very high up any list of priorities when it comes to clean-up.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

To be fair, the USA was a dysfunctional democracy even before Trump got in. He was just a symptom of it, not the whole disease. Similar strains are becoming more prevalent here in the UK.

I'll always propose going full Swiss as a partial antidote, but greater monitoring of the media/political financing really has to be very high up any list of priorities when it comes to clean-up.

Both Biden and Trump should never have been allowed to run. If America is being sensible presidents should fit the following criteria 

A- have an IQ above 100

B- Have spent at least a decade in politics

C- Under 60 years old

But this will never happen so we are going to get a repeat at the next election of the orange clown vs dementia joe

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Both Biden and Trump should never have been allowed to run. If America is being sensible presidents should fit the following criteria 

A- have an IQ above 100

B- Have spent at least a decade in politics

C- Under 60 years old

But this will never happen so we are going to get a repeat at the next election of the orange clown vs dementia joe

Nah, they should be allowed to run regardless of how much I agree or disagree with their politics. Biden satisfies your first two criteria and ultimately, a president is as good as the staff he elects so I'm not as hung up on age as some others.

The real issues in the USA are a gamed electoral model that only permits two parties, far too much big money in politics, and the cancerous effects of more evangelist/radical religious elements, especially in the South. Drain those swamps, and the USA could be in business.

• Like 3

It is becoming clearer by the day that the Democrats need RFK Jnr to get the nomination. I think he is currently 20% which isn't bad at this stage. His anti vax views may also be clarified rather than the bold statements I have seen. But he has the power of the Kennedy name behind him. Does not like Totaliarism and believes the great companies are too greedy.

I still don't believe Trump would beat Biden in the race because he has blown the independent vote. The GOP know that Trump has a big following and are scared if they don't select him, he will go independent and the Democrats will walk it.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2023 at 14:39, keelansgrandad said:

It is becoming clearer by the day that the Democrats need RFK Jnr to get the nomination. I think he is currently 20% which isn't bad at this stage. His anti vax views may also be clarified rather than the bold statements I have seen. But he has the power of the Kennedy name behind him. Does not like Totaliarism and believes the great companies are too greedy.

I still don't believe Trump would beat Biden in the race because he has blown the independent vote. The GOP know that Trump has a big following and are scared if they don't select him, he will go independent and the Democrats will walk it.

Hear hear! Biden cannot run. I think RFK will clear up the Democratic nomination.

It is ridiculous to think that this time next year we could actually see a sequel of Biden v Trump on our TV screens ! 😂

Edited by TheRock
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The guy can barely walk, judging by how often he falls over, bless his heart.

One might say he is simply biden his remaining term as POTUS. 😎*sees self out*

Why would you want to delay a trial until after the election if you have posted that you didn't do anything wrong?

Why would you say you hadn't heard the tape about showing secrets but the then say the rustling you hear is just papers?

• Like 1

The My Pillow guy has destroyed his own business for trump. What a chump. 

Always slightly amused at the snipes at Biden vs his walking or indeed falling. 

FDR couldn't walk at all yet managed to take the USA through all but the very end of WW2

He could think!

If only the same could be said of Trump but thinking I don't think is a prerequisite for his base. That said it's a sad reflection of US politics that Biden feels compelled to try to jog!

17 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Why would you want to delay a trial until after the election if you have posted that you didn't do anything wrong?

It's a big conspiracy against him remember you can't expect a fair trial.

9 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

As it's his golf course he'll probably order them to move the green nearer his ball.

I understand he said "call it a four".

On 14/06/2023 at 15:39, keelansgrandad said:

Kennedy is a dangerous idiot. Not just my view but that of other Kennedys. If it is Biden versus Trump then Biden will - again - win the popular vote, just as Hilary Clinton did. But with the gerrymandering and assorted anti-Democratic pro-Trump measures in place or likely to be in place in place in key states then the Orange Blob could win the electoral college vote. And then there is that other dangerous idiot, Joe Manchin. If he splits the Democratic vote by running against Biden as an independent then that could easily give Trump the White House.

Edited by PurpleCanary

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Kennedy is a dangerous idiot. Not just my view but that of other Kennedys. If it is Biden versus Trump then Biden will - again - win the popular vote, just as Hilary Clinton did. But with the gerrymandering and assorted anti-Democratic pro-Trump measures in place or likely to be in place in place in key states then the Orange Blob could win the electoral college vote. And then there is that other dangerous idiot, Joe Manchin. If he splits the Democratic vote by running against Biden as an independent then that could easily give Trump the White House.

I'm sure Kennedy can be idiotic but dangerous;  I don't know. His anti vax campaign seemed close to madness but I believe anyone who is anti vax is mad.

His economic policies sound OK to me. He wants to restrict the power of the big banks. That is a good start. Ialso don't believe the Banks should have the power over Government on the economy. He says he is anti war, respects LGBTQ rights. He doesn't want to take peoples guns away but believes in some form of control. He wants Health Care for all.

I don't know what his other policies may be but US Foreign policy has never been one I think we should follow.

It seems Trump will get the Republican nomination but despite his lead in the polls he looks at they are only Republican ones. I very much doubt he will get many from the large, 38%, independent caucus.

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind. 

Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 07.22.26.png

Aye, the witch-hunt continues and the hunters' desperation is palpable to the majority of Americans - Unless they fix the election again or render him null and void the Dems and Dem judges know they're going to lose to Trump.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Aye, the witch-hunt continues and the hunters' desperation is palpable to the majority of Americans - Unless they fix the election again or render him null and void the Dems and Dem judges know they're going to lose to Trump.

Marjorie Taylor Greene 

Just one example of the gems to be found in her CV :

" Greene also promoted a false anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that the 2018 Camp Fire, a deadly wildfire in California, was caused by space lasers owned by the Rothschild family."

7 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Trump, MTG and Jools in the same post, dumb, dumber & dumbest.