Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Thin Margins & Numbskull fans.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]
Canary fans showed towards the end of the Chase era that if they felt really aggrieved they would be stirred to action, so the current lack of protests cannot be down just to Norfolk apathy.
[/quote]
Back in 1995 Purple how many people had a laptop or a mobile phone for that matter ? Where was this messageboard , Facebook or Twatter in the Chase era because i recall the only option to voice displeasure at what was going on were protests and meetings. Boots on the ground as opposed to fingers on a keyboard or mobile.
[/quote]
That is true but by the same token cyberspace now makes it so much easier to organise protests. I imagine back then it took a great deal of doing, but it happened because many fans were genuinely aggrieved.

Plenty of internet back in 2009. We even had a St Andrews Hall shindig. But there was no stomach to see it through and even the black sheep happily returned to the fold.

By the same token it is less easy to voice dissent now because Archant is the official mouthpiece of Norwich City Football Club. They do not speak up for fans. You may remember before the AGM in 2016 Archant called upon shareholders to do their (Archant''s) job for them.

In 1995, Eastern Counties Newspapers were more balanced in their approach.

[quote user="Big Vince"]By the same token it is less easy to voice dissent now because Archant is the official mouthpiece of Norwich City Football Club. They do not speak up for fans. You may remember before the AGM in 2016 Archant called upon shareholders to do their (Archant''s) job for them.

In 1995, Eastern Counties Newspapers were more balanced in their approach.[/quote]
Funny how your non-stop anti-Smith and Jones rants somehow all seem to slip through this supposed Stalinism suppression into the public domain, and how this messageboard has thread after thread after thread slagging off Smith and Jones...

Even though Stalin eliminated millions of his enemies he could not eliminate every last one. Those that remain are on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Plenty of internet back in 2009. We even had a St Andrews Hall shindig. But there was no stomach to see it through and even the black sheep happily returned to the fold.[/quote]
After that meeting was organised and just four days before it actually took place Munby and Doomcaster resigned so sting had been somewhat taken out of the tail Nutty.

[quote user="Big Vince"]By the same token it is less easy to voice dissent now because Archant is the official mouthpiece of Norwich City Football Club. They do not speak up for fans. You may remember before the AGM in 2016 Archant called upon shareholders to do their (Archant''s) job for them.

In 1995, Eastern Counties Newspapers were more balanced in their approach.[/quote]
This couldn''t be more wrong.
For one thing Archant is not the '' official '' mouthpiece of NCFC. Some might argue they were unofficially when Board member Stephan Phillips was Managing Director of Archant. It''s debatable whether he did hold any undue influence over the Editor but he left Archant several years ago.
Their team of football writers do speak up for the fans. They have been quite critical of the club but clearly have a fine line to tread as they need the club as much as the club needs them. In 1995 it wasn''t until police horses were trampling people in Carrow Rd that they came down on the side of the '' Chase Out '' brigade.
Back in the day '' Pink Un '' journalists were renowned for their fence sitting but that isn''t the case so much now.

[quote user="Big Vince"]Even though Stalin eliminated millions of his enemies he could not eliminate every last one. Those that remain are on here.[/quote]
Strange.
If Archant really are the forelock-tugging lackeys of NCFC how come there''s any dissent on here ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Window of opportunity. Club relegated. Hall and anti Delia speakers booked. Nobody cared.[/quote]
Who were the anti Delia speakers booked ? It was an opportunity for anyone in the 500 or so present to be handed the mic and express their views which is what happened.

Support that boo players - can be so very hurtful.....I can envisage as the full-time whistle blows, having to witness those most unfortunate booed players, their poor heads bowed down with their chins on chests.....scampering down the tunnel to the dressing room....A rapid lukewarm shower, then hastily get dressed into their primark purchased togs, threadbare socks and bargain basement footwear.....Before they scurry out to their rusty and battered old jalopy chariots, before chugging back to their dilapidated damp tenement bedsits, sparsley furnished and where tatty towels are curtains, the ceilings are cracked and damp and mould cover the dated and badly faded wallpaper.....Before flopping down onto their tatty mattress single beds, and wondering if it''s really all worth it, as they sob inconsolably into their cheap and empty wallets.....

Only boorish belligerent blaggards boo those poor players.....you know who you are.....Shame on you!.....

Support that boo players - can be so very hurtful.....I can envisage as the full-time whistle blows, having to witness those most unfortunate booed players, their poor heads bowed down with their chins on chests.....scampering down the tunnel to the dressing room....A rapid lukewarm shower, then hastily get dressed into their primark purchased togs, threadbare socks and bargain basement footwear.....Before they scurry out to their rusty and battered old jalopy chariots, before chugging back to their dilapidated damp tenement bedsits, sparsley furnished and where tatty towels are curtains, the ceilings are cracked and damp and mould cover the dated and badly faded wallpaper.....Before flopping down onto their tatty mattress single beds, and wondering if it''s really all worth it, as they sob inconsolably into their cheap and empty wallets.....

Only boorish belligerent blaggards boo those poor players.....you know who you are.....Shame on you!.....

I can only imagine the 2009 anti delia lot were too embarrassed after what happened with the club after that; would they dare come out again?

Richard Balls had his own spot. See I remember stuff Tilly. Also remember other anti Delia comments from the top the top table that night.

But if ever there was a chance for a Chase type protest it was then. But nobody cared except the few and we all went back to happy clapping. Including the top table. Richard Balls then disappeared. Think he came back on the scene last year.

[quote user="hogesar"]I can only imagine the 2009 anti delia lot were too embarrassed after what happened with the club after that; would they dare come out again?[/quote]
Yes you can only imagine hoggy as it is obvious you were not there by your lack of historical knowledge around that time and the '' 2009 anti delia lot '' you refer to i assume to be NCISA who organised the meeting on behalf of their members who were balloted as to whether to call the meeting or not which turned into a public meeting for all fans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Richard Balls had his own spot. See I remember stuff Tilly. Also remember other anti Delia comments from the top the top table that night.

But if ever there was a chance for a Chase type protest it was then. But nobody cared except the few and we all went back to happy clapping. Including the top table. Richard Balls then disappeared. Think he came back on the scene last year.[/quote]
Only three people on the top table that night and i am sure you know who they were and as for your remark regarding Richard Balls disappearing it is probably because he left Archant and went to work for Norwich City Council oh and by the way he turned up on the night just like the other 500 and had not been booked for a slot.

[quote user="Big Vince"]The forerunner of this messageboard was the Soapbox section in the Pinkun newspaper.

In those days you had to send in a proper written letter by post and it had to be accepted for publication by the editor.

Letters had to have a valid argument and it was not acceptable simply to write in to have a go at other Soapboxers.[/quote]
wasn''t there a group of ''panelists'' who decided if an attack on another fan (via their letter) was to be a hit
a sort of Soapbox Jury
or am I getting confused with the coverage of the Olympics in the 60''s
.......Ready Steady Go ?

What amazes me most about this thread is how impoverished some posters seem to be when it comes to what they consider entertainment. Maybe if they are genuinely bored they need to look at themselves rather than anything on the pitch. Or, as the man said, if the only thing that amuses you is Tom and Jerry cartoons, don''t go to Shakespeare in the Park. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Richard Balls had his own spot. See I remember stuff Tilly. Also remember other anti Delia comments from the top the top table that night.

But if ever there was a chance for a Chase type protest it was then. But nobody cared except the few and we all went back to happy clapping. Including the top table. Richard Balls then disappeared. Think he came back on the scene last year.[/quote]
Only three people on the top table that night and i am sure you know who they were and as for your remark regarding Richard Balls disappearing it is probably because he left Archant and went to work for Norwich City Council oh and by the way he turned up on the night just like the other 500 and had not been booked for a slot.
[/quote]
Well that''s a rum old do because he ended up making a speech from the front where as us backbenchers had to wait for a turn in the Q&A that followed. Richard Balls left Archant in 2007 btw. 
But however it''s dressed up the window of opportunity was there and nobody was interested. Rather than a show of strength from NCISA it became the first step of a terminal decline that saw the organisation wound up in 2012. Yet Norwich City went from strength to strength under the same ownership. It was real chalk and cheese stuff.

What a Balls up!!!

Strange though, it’s the same old faces back again. The enforced hiatus while we were winning a mere blip in the motorway to manage out the money.

To make way for more money from, well, someone. And when the opportunity was there to chomp on their cheque book, they chose to be choosy and chaste with their charitable chuck-in.

Wonder if Richard Balls got stuck into the bond....

By the front you mean on the floor in front of the stage possibly because he sat in the front row and no surprise you were on the backbenches Nutty as i do not recall you requesting the mic to speak up in favour of the board. Come to think of it i cannot recall you speaking up during the Worthy meeting either a few years before.
NCISA served its purpose from 1995 until 2012 providing NCFC with over £50,000 during those years although of course that must seem strange for a body you see as anti Delia and the board. Makes you wonder as well why the club invited 3 NCISA representatives on the SCG and afforded us a stall at the Open Days year after year.
The terminal decline as you describe was brought about by St David McNally being difficult to say the least which also coincided with the demise of John Landamore and FONCY who also threw the towel in due to similar issues. Add to that the termination of the SCG and Open Days and even you have to admit the club was not fan friendly back then.
The accounts at the time of this NCISA demise held a few thousand pounds which The Trust and The Academy were given and of course the membership still stood at several hundred.
I am so glad you have yet again had the opportunity to indulge in your passion of mentioning St Andrews and NCISA which for some reason you just cannot let go after all these years.
No more really to say but i am sure you most certainly will have.

I spoke at that meeting Tilly. You should remember as it was you who allowed me.

The fact that the club saw off NCISA so easily, with nobody caring the teeniest bit, must be a worry for the new generation which seem to be confined to the keyboard.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

This couldn''t be more wrong.
For one thing Archant is not the '' official '' mouthpiece of NCFC. Some might argue they were unofficially when Board member Stephan Phillips was Managing Director of Archant. It''s debatable whether he did hold any undue influence over the Editor but he left Archant several years ago.
Their team of football writers do speak up for the fans. They have been quite critical of the club but clearly have a fine line to tread as they need the club as much as the club needs them. In 1995 it wasn''t until police horses were trampling people in Carrow Rd that they came down on the side of the '' Chase Out '' brigade.
Back in the day '' Pink Un '' journalists were renowned for their fence sitting but that isn''t the case so much now.
[/quote]
Quite. It is typical Big Vince nonsense from start to finish. There is no evidence Phillips had any influence on whatever Norwich City-related subject Archant covered while he was still employed by them.
It is true that there was a period during which Archant journalists were very wary of upsetting Carrow Road, but I think it is fair to say that was directly connected to McNally being chief executive, and his attitude, rather than anything to do with Phillips.
And the only time since Smith and Jones became owners that I can remember that Archant took an official editorial line was during Cullumgate. The news coverage, certainly at least by omission, was biased towards Cullum. And after he had - for the second time - walked  away from the club without making an offer the EDP ran a badly misguided editorial attacking Smith and Jones for having missed a golden chance for investment.

Come on boys. Lets get back to the original thread. Hogesar thinks we are over critical after only two home games of the season. That''s not the point. Farke has been in charge for over 50 games and there is little sign of improvement. After a poor start to the season, results wise, you would have thought we would come out Wednesday as the home side, desperate for a win against a very average side, with all guns firing. Instead we saw 80 minutes of the game mainly played at walking pace, no drive or enthusiasm, ponderous, no quick thinking, and loads of nothing square balls and passing. Farke seemed satisfied with this and barely left his seat. Booing the home team does not exactly help, but with the total lack of any attempt to entertain - very understandable. None of these sides in the Championship need to be feared. We need to set out our stall tomorrow and go for it.

Returning to Till/Nutty thread, Robert Chase was the best chairman we ever had. On limited resources he took the Club forward. He might have only been the Norfolk builder, but he was a good businessman. The debt he had with the Bank was peanuts compared with the "football loans" we have these days.

I think this is the third game in the last couple of seasons where someone fans have booed and we''ve gone on to win.

Almost like it actually makes bugger all difference and sometimes a bit of frustration can actually bring the crowd to life.

Considering the sheer amount of pearl clutching that happens on here every time it occurs it seems to ruin a fair few peoples day.

Very delicate clearly.

I think it''s the ones who go to support the team that get upset. Those on a day out are more like folk at the panto...
[;)]