Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ian Henderson

Ian Henderson did not play a big part for us under Worthington. Showed glimpses of being a reasonable player but was too lightweight and got moved on after not progressing. He found his level in the lower leagues and made a good career out of it.

Only saw him play once as far as I recall, in our defeat at Northampton in the League Cup. Paired with Ryan Jarvis up front in the most lightweight attack I’ve ever seen-not the time to play 2 teenagers but I guess that showed what our priority was that season as we ran out comfortable winners of the Championship.

Wasn’t he once our youngest ever goal scorer?

Worthy stuck him on the right of a midfield four for much of 03/04, he scored four goals in 19 league appearances including two in a 3-1 win over Millwall. Those four goals were scored in a run of just five games which wasn''t bad going at all.

Well done on his achievement, an exiting pacey player when he was with us but not quite good enough.
Tommy was a good lad as well and passed well before his time.

Henderson played a part in our 2003/04 title winning season!

Didn''t kick on after that but all credit to him has had a decent career in the lower two Divisions!

He was young light weight and played out on the right out of position

i Read in Iwan''s ? book that he cried at half time inthe dressing room because he thought the fans hated him or got on his back ,

He had just had his older brother die in a terrible car accident i imagine he was still fragile after that

I am glad he has done well and had a good a career

Mark Rivers rather backs up my point- he was a striker mainly at Crewe, used almost exclusively on the right wing with us. Henderson and Jarvis also got moved out there quite a bit.