Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where Were The £3000 Worth of Banners And Flags ?

What can we expect for this weekend Puntino as i assume a few quid has been spent since the Leeds game for a more impressive visual display ?

I am surprised the chairman of the Canary Trust hasn''t started fund raising for visual aids for match day, I suppose he Is still up to his ears in sorting out The tampax issue at the club

two large banners from top tier of Barclay and River end would be far better than loads of little flags

say £600 each that''s only £2400 job done

No bitterness about what i am saying SR as i would like to see a visual display that is something to intimidate the opposition and their fans. Somebody is sitting on £4200 and so far what was been spent has turned out to be amateurish and has no impact on what it was supposed to achieve. Yesterday i was expecting an improvement on the efforts for the Leeds game but i was disappointed.
My opinion so maybe it is you who need to get over it with regard to me asking questions about what is happening with this not insignificant amount of cash.

i think Til is right if the fund is £4200 it should be spent for what it was raised for and that''s banners and flags

Everybody has a right to ask where they are s clearly not in the ground

I haven''t been on here for a while, but I see it''s the same old sea of bitterness that it often can be.

For the record....

The original four CITY flags were supposed to be part of a much larger display, spelling out ONE CITY STRONG, logistically that was difficult so a small display was opted for. We still have all the flags for that display in the future though.

That display was then followed up with a few more egg and cress flags and a Gossy banner for the Boro game. It had 93/94 flavour specifically as this was to mark the 25th anniversary for the first European match against Vitesse.

All of the larger flags have been made by professional manufacturers to comply with fire regs. They also all have to be signed off by the club in terms of content. The production of these, and getting the content signed off, takes time.

We''ve spent a fraction of the money we''ve raised, and intentionally so. It has to last all season, and there are definite plans in place for large surfer style banners in the future, while we also have a fair amount of smaller yellow and green flags on order from a supplier.

We''ll also look to do a card display or two for the Barclay.

FYI - these flags aren''t cheap, I''d invite you to look on any respected manufacturers website for pricing. footballflags.co.uk is a decent one.

For something that covered the whole Barclay you''d probably need about double the amount we raised. You also have to factor in that plenty of these flags need to go up on poles, so it''s not just the cost of the flag itself, but the poles too. The poles have to be signed off by the club as well, for obvious safety reasons, and can cost a fair amount as well.

The long term plan is to introduce more and more colour into the stand. However, we have decided to go slowly as this is a cultural change in the Barclay, and one which might annoy some people, so we have to respect that. If people have better ideas or want to get involved, please come and speak to us at a game or get in touch. Email addresses below:

alongcomenorwich@gmail.com

barclayendnorwich@gmail.com

My suspicion is some people would much rather just whine about it on here though.

OTBC, and look forward to hearing from you if you have some good ideas we can use. Please email them to us though, as I don''t regularly check the forum.

P.S. TIL - did you actually donate to the fundraiser? If not it''s a fairly entitled point of view to be asking where the money''s gone?

You use the words bitterness and whine Puntino in your post but my point was that i was astounded at the amount of money you raised and therefore expectations surely should be high as to what visual impression such a large amount of money could provide and i am disappointed with what i have seen.
It is an opinion i have and no i did not donate any money as i prefer to subscribe to events that raise money for the CSF like those organised by NCFSC and Nutty on the PUPs thread.
Good luck with your efforts to create a better atmosphere but history will tell you that positive results and displays on the field will do that without throwing money at the problem.

I actually agree that the displays on the football pitch is where we will see more engagement and positivity from the fans but it still doesn''t take away from the fact that there are plenty of City fans out there who seem to want the current regime to fail and are not happy with change. If that happens, that means our football club has also failed so, for me, it isn''t an option.
The point is, some people will disagree regardless of the situation. In all honesty I feel like you could cover the whole of Carrow Road in a giant, parachute flag type thing and the same people who whinge about what they see on the pitch would then also whinge that they couldn''t see the game as it would be being played under a giant, parachute flag type thing.
A silly analogy, perhaps, but not half as silly as some of the gripes on here.
Well done ACN for at least trying to do something. Positivity is encouraging.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]
You use the words bitterness and whine Puntino in your post but my point was that i was astounded at the amount of money you raised and therefore expectations surely should be high as to what visual impression such a large amount of money could provide and i am disappointed with what i have seen.
It is an opinion i have and no i did not donate any money as i prefer to subscribe to events that raise money for the CSF like those organised by NCFSC and Nutty on the PUPs thread.
Good luck with your efforts to create a better atmosphere but history will tell you that positive results and displays on the field will do that without throwing money at the problem.
[/quote]

I thought the fact we can’t throw money at the problem was a major gripe? No need for a stinking rich investor then...😂

The One City Strong display was pretty good! I thought it looked ace, even though I couldn''t see it from the front, due to sitting in the lower Barclay! Haha

Good job guys!

Genuinely was a fantastic atmosphere Saturday and makes me proud to be a city fan when the crowd react like that despite the defeat.

Been seeing a lot of praise for the flags on show at last night''s match, good job to those involved.

This is coming along nicely now. Gets better every game. The Justin Fashanu thing was inspired. Well done guys. You’re a credit to the club.