Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Where Were The £3000 Worth of Banners And Flags ?

Perhaps the people that are moaning, and yes it is moaning Til, should get involved and try to help. Away fans always find something to take the p1ss about, we do it when we go away don’t we ?

What do we do then ? Put the flags away ? Stop singing otbc before kickoff ? Pull down the “ big “ screen ? Or is it all Delia and Toms fault ?

What a stupid answer FF as this is only about that ridiculous effort yesterday. Tin pot as described on Facebook forums which i am sure you look at.

Fenway why do you always go on the offensive with any negative view? Tils right it was pathetic, if that’s really the best they could do then it begs the question why bother!

That 4 panel banner looked like someone from middle school made it!

I sat in the river end yesterday it did look rather sad.

Perhaps some senior fan can be poached on Facebook to act as a consultant to take take it from tinpot to something slick and professonal?

How about the first thing that''s done is the removal of the Kanye West entry song which sounds like a poor copy being paid too loudly on cheap speakers.

Sure Park Life might not be apt as old Farke is looking at the cheapest flight back to Dortmund but at least it was something the fans could sing a long to...

which helps create...

atmosphere....

So in other words, the biggest thing shooting the atmosphere in the foot is the club itself !

Indy, I''m not on the offensive at all. Some supporters are trying to improve things and support their team, others just want to go to the football to “ kick the cat “ and moan about everything. You know what they say, if you’re part part of the solution ...

How about just singing, chanting and generally making as much noise to encourage the team on the pitch?

Why the need for novelty flags which have really have no impact, better off spending it on a few speakers and streaming crowd noise through to generate the atmosphere!

That’s probably the next thing on Delia’s list after the pink dressing room!

So the pink dressing room was Delias idea ? Good grief ! If flags have no impact then singing doesn’t either does it ? What’s the point in going to a match if you’re not going to support your team ?

Fenway, I think if you’re going to do a real impact flag and banner it has to be generated either by the club.

I know some fans genuinely wanted to raise the atmosphere, but after that march to the ground which basically left the atmosphere outside as it didn’t bring anything into the ground.

The answer is to give the fans something to unite behind and move forward as a club, it’s become so fragmented since the relegation under Hughton, we’ve slowly become divided, we all see things so different and with little light at the end of the tunnel.

Unfortunately when you are on a downward spiral to a new level it does have this impact.

The pink dressing room has no impact other than another line of media and other clubs taking the mick.....it’s just not really what me as a fan wants to be linked with, can you imagine if the tinpot club down the road done that, you’d be all over it! As we all would.

Totally agree.

Probably make sense to not have any flags until the £3000 is spent effectively, as opposed to the half hearted effort yesterday. Really did look tinpot and gave Leeds fans more ammunition to take the piss, on top of our pathetic performance and pink dressing rooms

The answer to what exactly Fenway as i am just giving my opinion on something i saw with my own eyes and it would appear i am not the only one by a long chalk that thought it looked like something kids in middle school would knock up in a lesson. £3000 would be better spent having a professional banner/flag maker involved because if they were produced by a professional i would hazard a guess their business is struggling.

Indy wrote the following post at 26/08/2018 3:51 PM:

The pink dressing room has no impact other than another line of media

and other clubs taking the mick.....it’s just not really what me as a

fan wants to be linked with, can you imagine if the tinpot club down the

road done that, you’d be all over it! As we all would.
The pink dressing room just makes us look daft doesnt it, and yesterday the flags werent great were they, my pie also wasnt hot enough, the half time entertainment was its usual pathetic self, the music we come in to is total carp, the toilets smelled of piss and the crapper had no paper, the Leeds fans were terrific and ours were feeble, orchestrated Kick it Off at the begining is tinpot, there were loads of Leeds fans in amongst the Home fans and nobody did anything about it.....I could overllok all this if the team had given me something to be proud of!

“The answer to what exactly Fenway as i am just giving my opinion on something i saw with my own eyes and it would appear i am not the only one by a long chalk that thought it looked like something kids in middle school would knock up in a lesson. £3000 would be better spent having a professional banner/flag maker involved because if they were produced by a professional i would hazard a guess their business is struggling.”

Fair enough with your second point, a big banner hanging down from the upper tier would look good. Supporters abroad have made their own, and if whoever is in charge of organising this got in touch with local graffiti artists they could have one made that wouldn’t necessarily cost too much.

Having a few on here back you up doesn’t mean you’re “not the only one by a long chalk “ though. I don’t think many people around the ground are actually that bothered. Bloke that sits next to Mrs Frank started moaning about the lack of atmosphere yesterday. When she suggested he started a song he didn’t have much to say.

Can''t beat a good rainy Sunday just after we''ve lost to bring us bored to the board to be bored.

Ta, 😀. Don’t want this to seem that I spend too much time on twtd but there’s also a thread about there new Paul Hurst getting ripped down by a fan that couldn’t see the teams come out 😀. I think they said it was upwards of £600

Just had a quick read of that link, and good to see on the original post and reply they are using our match Sunday as a reference point for a good atmos. Only time poorman Road gets one.

🎶 Only here for the norwich 🎶

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]Ta, 😀. Don’t want this to seem that I spend too much time on twtd but there’s also a thread about there new Paul Hurst getting ripped down by a fan that couldn’t see the teams come out 😀. I think they said it was upwards of £600[/quote]

That was the flag draped over the edge of the North Stand Upper before kick off and in all fairness to the Scummers it looked far more impressive that anything the Barclay and their bulging wallet of £3000 have come up with so far.