Sign in to follow this  
BobLoz3

Player revolt?

No smoke without fire... I''m sure there isn''t a whole "Player Revolt" but I do feel we have some players with the wrong attitude that don''t have the desire to run through brick walls for us.

Exactly my thoughts that not all the players are buying into this system and would rather play the game that is natural to most of them

but this season we have some players who are a little unsettled / to big for their boots cupping ears after scoring etc i think there are problems behind the scenes but how big ? like most teams out of form

This particular brand of rumour and media space-filler frequently gets trotted out when continental coaches move to English clubs, especially when results don''t immediately live up to the usual inflated expectations. And it''s certainly not confined to the Championship; it''s done the rounds at plenty of EPL clubs, including, last season, Man City! It would be extremely surprising if there weren''t any players at a club who found themselves struggling to adjust. They provide the ground in which seeds of antipathy to progressive change can be sown. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barbie"][quote user="BobLoz3"]Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.[/quote]
Great stuff Barbie. While you''re around could you approve CSF Emma''s log in so that she can make the selections on Rays Funds.
[/quote]A case of ''barbie can''(not that horrid alcohol free lager either)

Iwans opinion piece (on Nelsons latest embarrassment) make it clear he was used to training twice a day on xmas day.

Its hardly a new approach, and as DF makes clear it was twice a day just once in a week with no midweek game.

I dare say some players are not happy with the regime, esp those not currently playing - will be interesting to see who leaves this jan.

Ultimately results are all that matters - if the recent signs of improvement continue and convert to wins the angst will lessen.

[quote user="cornish sam"][quote user="Barbie"][quote user="BobLoz3"]Ha! Quite possible... Is it a non story you think? Or do we feel as though these double sessions etc. are having an impact on our game?Also, I''ve noticed that the link did indeed become clicky. No idea how I managed that!

[/quote]The clicky link was down to me, I edited it for you.[/quote]

So there is an edit button!!!!![/quote]There is for people who control this website, yes!

It is possible to over train and become fatigued. Its a difficult one to call as the optimum will be different for each player.

Jonathan Edwards only became world number one at triple jump when he reduced his training schedule.

Lets hope they get it right at NCFC.

The intensity is much higher at most Premier League clubs. If they can''t hack what we do in the Champ they may as well give up the dream of being a top league footballer!

The club have all sorts of nutritionists, sports scientists etc. There''s no way they would physically over-train the players in this day and age. The question of getting fatigued or over trained is rubbish, if players were getting to that stage they would be rested or do other types of training that would aid their recovery.

When I used to do a lot of sport I could easily play every day and not feel much strain. As professional athletes they get paid extortionate amounts to work and train hard!

There is a feeling that this may have some truth to it. I could be wrong. But something definitely ain''t right.

I agree. The whole defence looked like it couldn''t be asked in the lead up to their first goal. They weren''t much more enthusiastic thereafter.

It''s really got a look of players going through the motions now. They might make all the right noises when interviewed, but deep down?

It''s extremely concerning.

Looks like the Indy was right. Soul destroying watching that lot tonight. I really can’t see any progress at all.

Progress is the operative word. The good players are getting worse or treading water, the weaker players are not improving.