Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Trybull

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/09/2017 8:47 PM:

Naismith was named as a leader by the players at our forum last week. In fact I''ve never heard anyone at the club have a bad word about him.

That''s good to hear, I''m sure they value his vast experience as a Premier League player.

As a fan I just find it a bit galling when he appears to be trying to tell other players what to do on the pitch at a time that he seems to be struggling with his own form. My feelings are that perhaps he should be putting his energies into focussing on his own performance.

In my experience players see a different game to us and different qualities in eachother. The vast majority of each performance is without the ball. We tend not to see players that ''hide''. Other players do. I would imagine naismith is a very popular player. The fact that we notice him so much would be a plus.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 10/09/2017 9:18 PM:

"In my experience players see a different game to us and different qualities in each other"

Yes I''m sure that''s right. With fans, myself included, sometimes we develop a prejudice against a player and then are constantly, maybe subconsciously, looking to reinforce it.

But an issue is, for an attacking player like Josh, who could he point to as a leader that we have on the pitch in that area ?  If you look at Wes, Nelson or Cam, while they''re all undoubtedly more effective on the pitch than Naismith IMO, none of them come across to me as leaders (except purely by example).  Naismith unquestionably has the most top level experience in the squad and clearly is taking a leadership role in a lot of ways.  Just a shame he can''t combine it with a decent on-pitch contribution.

Man of the match for me, beat dm performance I''ve seen in a while. provided a very strong partnership with tettey and more or less every pass was both positive and on target. just what we have been missing. I think him and tettey have to play every game.

TG, as much as I appreciate you''re probably biased towards Tettey, given your namesake, and I''d love him to I doubt his legs can do a whole championship season! Reed will get his chance but Trybull has been encouraging. I guess it''ll be horses for courses.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Naismith was named as a leader by the players at our forum last week. In fact I''ve never heard anyone at the club have a bad word about him.[/quote]

Not having a go at Naismith but it was funny that neither me nor my mate I go with even thought about his non-inclusion in the squad until we were walking away from the ground after the game. In fact, we didn''t hear anyone near us even mention him at all during the match. He''s one of those players I can take or leave. Happy with the way things went on Saturday and hope there are only minimal changes if necessary. The team owe us one against Burton for the pitiful display at their place last season!

@ Lord Horn (again)Not having a go at Naismith but it was funny that neither me nor my mate

I go with even thought about his non-inclusion in the squad until we

were walking away from the ground after the game. In fact, we didn''t

hear anyone near us even mention him at all during the match. He''s one

of those players I can take or leave. Happy with the way things went on

Saturday and hope there are only minimal changes if necessary. The

team owe us one against Burton for the pitiful display at their place

last season!
Well Tim Klose certainly does, he was dreadful that day, it took all my inner strength not to boo him ;-) hope he scores tomorrow night.

Long way to go of course, cannot judge any guy on just one or two performances, but if  Trybull has more positives such as on Saturday than negatives, then he could just be one of the better  signings of recent times, which i doubt many fans expected. Given the less than enthusiastic reports we had seen about him, not that any of us had ever seen him perform, plus the fact that we got him as a free agent, only gave him a year contract etc, expectations were not high for this guy. Just shows, in general, most of us know diddly about all these new guys  who have come into the club, yet many of us form some kind of pro or anti opinion of each one before we even see them kick a ball.So, from what we have seen of Trybull, its a big positive so far in the limited game time hes had here. For sure deserves to be one of the names in the squad on match days at the present time.

Just read he played for Germany up to U19 level and had a trial with WBA last year. Seems like he''s definitely got something about him and is highly rated by some in the game. Wonder why he moves around every year and ends up in team''s B teams before the season is out, based on Saturday I don''t think it''s anything to do with his ability or attitude/work rate.

Just seems odd. He didn''t seem to want to talk about his past in the presser today but did briefly mention following his agent too much. Could be a potential gem if he missed out on some development early in his career and if he gets plenty of game time here could fulfill his potential. He''s 24 and only played less than 100 senior games in his career (discounting B team games)

If he''s past whatever was holding him back before he could develop into a really good player for us. So far looks a good bit of work by Webber

He was interviewed at the press conference this afternoon, so probably we''ll see something on the front page at some point.

Said he made some bad decisions in the past, was over-influenced by agents, but he''s married now, which has sorted him out.

is the extra CDM option we needed and was good to see him perform on sat. Played well once he got up to speed and worked through a 10 min spell in the first half where the game went passed him a bit.

Loved his energy and that he kept it simple. Not sure I saw a MOTM performance but gave us exactly what we needed.

Hopefully the back line will stabilise and we will only need one of Tettey or Trybull going forward and we can perform with read or maddison in tandem with them, esp if the defensive effort from the three more attacking midfielders can be sustained - 3 tackles won from Tettey and Trybull was welcome, but Vrancic, Maddison and Murphy won 21 between them and put in a great shift too.

Tettey doesn''t tackle that much. His forte is closing down & forcing the opposition back, often into their own half.

And for someone who can''t pass, that was a hell of a through ball for Nelson!