Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

James Husband

Indy,

Surely going from Ollson and Dijks to;

Toffolo and Husband is a step backwards?

Husband has barley played any football since 2014, where he played for League One Doncaster, likewise, Toffolo has no Championship experience.

For Webber to talk about this position so strongly, to then go with Toffolo and Husband seems strange.

For the record, I''m quite excited about Zimmerman and Vranjic.

CDMullins wrote:

"Now assuming Toffolo will be sticking around to be back up to Husband - That scares me. "

Alternatively, it could be that Husband is the back up - to either Lewis or Toffolo (although I doubt it) - but good competition in that area has to be good news - especially when all 3 players are young enough and keen enough to be moulded into the "Farke way"

I think people forget just how many players we shifted on that were not in the slightest rated, but went on to be great at other clubs.

So iam not interested in other fans opinions, its how he performs here that matters.

The key for me is that he is hungry for first team football and wants to be here - two key factors for me.

Sure, he probably isnt at the skill level of Brady or Olson (at least not yet) but I''m a bit tired of seeing players not putting a 100% effort in and picking up a pay packet that we just cant afford.

I guess this will go down as a ''little Norwich'' sentiment but what most excites me about this transition is that the team contains players that I care about because they seem to care for the club and want us to succeed. Of the recent signings only really Pinto has shown that. Again he''s not the best right back in the world (or even the championship!) but at least he shows some pride in the shirt.

If Farke can get us playing in an organised and effective manner, utilising the young flair players like Maddison, Pritchard, Murphys etc AND support this with some solid 100% committed players like Husband and Vrancic then MAYBE we can enjoy some of the Lambert era success and have a team we can be proud of supporting again.

Interesting write up on him from a Boro journo here:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-husband-one-best-players-10184385

Can''t do clicky link - sorry.

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]Just seen on the OneBoro forum (Terrible format) that last season the manager actually changed formation when Friend wasn''t available just so they didn''t have to play Husband. Their fans seemed to indicate he just wasn''t up to premiership standard.

He didn''t do great on his loan spells either which leads me to wonder who out of him and Toffolo will get to be our first choice. I really think Toffolo deserves a chance with us![/quote]

And that worked out well for Boro didn''t it - changing their formation? They seem to be in the same league as us; how did that happen? Their forum is like reading ours last year - it''s just a formality. I think they have a shock coming their way just like we did.

I would also like to see Toffolo get his chance, but there is more depth behind him to make him concentrate now.

Guys I get the step backwards, but unfortunately there''s never any guarantee to staying up in the premiership. We chose to go with Moxey / Neil combo and the players who relegated us. It didn''t work out, it should have been changed last summer if not then January definitely.....the blame must be put at the board.

We find ourselves now reducing budgets and the likes of Olsson are a distant past, the future is Toffolo, Godfrey, Maddison unless we get lucky and gain promotion. It''s clear we ain''t ever going to be sold but handed down through the Smith generations.

We have risked it on a change of football ideology and gone the route of continental clubs, how this really differs to a CEO and Manager is subject to question, more about duties inside the club and it''s support structure.

We are championship and that''s the size of our club, there are probably 30 clubs with bigger wealth, bigger stadiums and stronger squads, so mid table is expected, anything more should be a bonus.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]Interesting write up on him from a Boro journo here:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-husband-one-best-players-10184385

Can''t do clicky link - sorry.[/quote]

Thanks for the link Splendid Rush (& for the clicky Til ;-) )

Actually looks like he might be an interesting buy!!!

Indy wrote;

"We are championship and that''s the size of our club, there are probably 30 clubs with bigger wealth, bigger stadiums and stronger squads, so mid table is expected, anything more should be a bonus."

I consider that an inaccurate downgrading of our club''s status actually, especially when you consider that:

Bournemouth

Brighton

Burnley

Crystal Palace

Huddersfield

Leicester

Stoke

Swansea

Watford

and Watford are all PREMIER LEAGUE at the moment.

None of these, if any, is significantly higher in status than NCFC.

The fact is that, top 7/8 clubs apart, football fortunes are cyclical and we are well in that circle.

Who can possibly forecast the make up of the Premier League in five years time? Who can possibly write off Norwich City''s chances of being up there once again. We have and will always have the bed-rock necessary to be up there with the best of them on occasions.

The Lambert method involved taking players who didn''t look all that on paper and getting them playing above their level, so I''m all for Farke taking a similar approach. Let''s wait until a couple of months into the season before we get too judgemental.On a side note, I thought Jamal Lewis was highly impressive at Lowestoft on Saturday - I know that''s only one game, and against poor opposition, but he seemed to have enough athleticism, mobility, strength, pace and technique to justify a place in the squad. I think Michee Efete might also fall into that category if he''s not loaned out.

I have a feeling Lewis is more what Farke wants at left back than Toffolo.

Broadly, I think you''re looking at it from city specs mate, all the teams you listed are bigger at this stage, all in the premiership and with exception of Burnley and WBA all have very wealthy owners to sure up the club.

If you accept that we''re pretty much a level club with funds, all the above have at least 150 million guaranteed income, even with relegation.

Then in the Championship you just look at Shef We''d, Boro, Sunderland, Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Derby and then it''s Forrest, Us, Fulham, Birmingham so we are in my view and we have accept it a mid range championship club!

Last year we had funds to be bigger this year we don''t.

Yes of course, but as I said it is cyclical.

Who could possibly guarantee any single one of those clubs would still be up there in five years time? Money or not. One, two or three will likely be relegated next season in any case.

Who could guarantee that NCFC won''t be back up there, money or not? Anything could happen, and I don''t just mean the arrival of the chop sticks brigade, Grantzilla reincarnated or the second arrival of a messiah.

To condemn the club to Championship mediocrity is rather premature, imo.

We are and will continue to be in there with a shout.

Sorry Broady we''re at crossed thinking here, no of course not, we''re in a place at this season where we still have a chance of going up, it''ll be difficult as there''s definitely a big transition in all departments and realignment of strategy by the club, so tough season.

But our outlook is pretty much that we''ll be looking to develop our youngsters and sell to survive the longer we''re down here, unlike other clubs who have wealthy owners to spend big like Wolves for example. The same for any relegated clubs, there''s only a couple who don''t have very wealthy owners so even with relegation they will have the foundations to get back up. That''s said there''s never any guarantees in this game.

So yep you''re right we could get promoted and get back into that dream of the tv money, but if we do I hope to God Farke doesn''t resort to the never ending failures of managers buying old fringe players not good enough for other premiership clubs like, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Naismith etc. I hope he uses that chance to build on young hungry better players from the European leagues or our own youngsters.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Since, according to another thread, we are skint and heading towards bankruptcy, I guess we do need to Husband what few resources we have left...[/quote]I presume you are using wife - eye to post that out

[quote user="rock bus"]The key for me is that he is hungry for first team football and wants to be here - two key factors for me.

Sure, he probably isnt at the skill level of Brady or Olson (at least not yet) but I''m a bit tired of seeing players not putting a 100% effort in and picking up a pay packet that we just cant afford.

I guess this will go down as a ''little Norwich'' sentiment but what most excites me about this transition is that the team contains players that I care about because they seem to care for the club and want us to succeed. Of the recent signings only really Pinto has shown that. Again he''s not the best right back in the world (or even the championship!) but at least he shows some pride in the shirt.

If Farke can get us playing in an organised and effective manner, utilising the young flair players like Maddison, Pritchard, Murphys etc AND support this with some solid 100% committed players like Husband and Vrancic then MAYBE we can enjoy some of the Lambert era success and have a team we can be proud of supporting again.[/quote]here here, well saidit is not simply about moneyLambert and a couple of others took a squad that had just been tanked at home 7-1, and without too much changing around took them to walking the league.However the same as when we were in the PL the bleats on the lines of " ooooo-ooooh he h''aint got hany premier league hexperience'' continueMuch is down to the motivation of the players. Most will have seen that the defence was at sixes and sevens last season. Once we were a goal or two down then it could easily be five. Something was badly wrong with the squad.I would suggest that has been remedied, one way and another. Players coming in aRE most likely of the R Martin calibre. They don''t expect to be in the PL and so are not going to miss a chance of getting there. Too many last season thought they were better than where they were playing.Too often they did not look up to it near the end of the game. I suspect that won''t be the case this season. The ''bertie big boots'' mentality has gone. Players will give their all and keep fighting. I think many may well be surprised at what they see next seasonWe now have a squad where most have something to prove, We have a bunch of younger players, the best I have seen, in the amount that are here.Roll on au just