Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's reoprt v Derby County

Credit to the whole team, and the manager today, no negatives from me, just infuriating to see and know we;ve players who could and should be doing this to teams week in week out. One snowflake does''nt make a winter. but this warmed the cockles on a cold January day. Have we really found a decent goal scorer at last in Oliveira?..Well done City, and ty Ricardo.

Thanks for that Ricardo.You''re right in saying Derby couldn''t have complained if we''d got five or six. It must be ages since we''ve had 24 shots in a game with 12 on target. Appeal Butterfield''s tackle ? It was right in front of us and Wes''s sock was cut clean in half. Shocking.Like you I wasn''t expecting that and it''s mystifying how it happens. Musn''t get too excited but a win at Rotherham would set us up nicely for the following two home games.

Thanks Ric for the good report as usual!

Was great to make my return to Carra today after a long exile, and what a game, lets all hope they can now turn these two clean sheets and 4 points into a serious run to get us back into playoff contention. Atleast on todays performance where we could of won by 5 or 6 we should be on the up again. Great to see Wes ripping Derby apart and Nelson with his neat control and clinical finishing, they appear to be a great double act.

So why after 25 games or so is this the first game that Wes and Oliveira started together. Surely this shows that Alex has pretty poor judgement. 

Great performance and great result [Y] Just for this victory alone it makes all the defeats via the most expensive NCFC squad ever assembled seem worth it now [:|]Here''s hoping the Board will release more funds for Neil to squander on midfielders that we don''t need and won''t be played in order to push for a play-off spot [:|] Of course there will be no funds unless we sell players who have all of a sudden found form [:P]Thank you for the report, Ricardo

So he pairs the most creative player we have with the most prolific goalscorer we have to start together for the first time this season and we win handsomely. Who could have foreseen that......  [:@]

[quote user="paul moy"]So he pairs the most creative player we have with the most prolific goalscorer we have to start together for the first time this season and we win handsomely. Who could have foreseen that......  [:@][/quote]

You rated Cody MacDonald so I''d imagine you''d struggle to see the nose on your face you miserable tit.

[quote user="paul moy"]So he pairs the most creative player we have with the most prolific goalscorer we have to start together for the first time this season and we win handsomely. Who could have foreseen that......  [:@][/quote]

It''s called evolution. Jerome was playing well earlier in the season and then went off the boil, giving Oliveira the chance to settle into the team. Co-incidentally Wes went off the boil too and was dropped while other combinations were tried.  Oliveira took his chance and has settled into the team without Wes - and now Wes has returned, champing at the bit and on top form - and the result today was one of the best matches this season. Viva la evolution!  

When AN says Nelson O needed time to adjust, I am prepared to believe him rather than fill the void of first-hand information with the smog of unfounded speculation. The reasons why Wes is not a nailed on starter for us are the same as the reasons why he, unlike Brady, is not a nailed on starter for the RoI (and, incidentally, why he has never been seriously pursued by top tier clubs). There''s a level at which it would make sense to start a fit Wes every game, but right now we aren''t at it.

Still a bit of a concern over those two one on ones they had. On another day could have found ourselves at one one having dominated the first half and who knows how the players would have reacted to that so we still need to continue to tighten things up at the back.

Hopefully the last two games are indicative of the way the rest of the season will go and have also clearly illustrated to Neil who he should sell and who he needs to keep in this window. I still feel the playoffs are achievable. Even if we do make the playoffs though he has still done a sub standard job with the players st his disposal.

I agree with your tightening up at the back comments, Jim, as a general point, and the last 2 games have been a major step in that direction.

The Ince, one on one, came from Howson losing the ball in M/F, when the defence could be rightly thinking, we are on for an attack here. There is no 100% fail safe methodology of defending, whilst your team is on the attack, without the possibility of compromising your attack somewhat. The last one, COULD be put down to the game being in the bag, at 3-0, with hardly anytime to go, and a case of switching off (so I agree with you there, but sympathy is at the forefront of my mind) Anyway, JR saved both so you could argue that the ''defence'' did it''s job ;)

Goodness knows how Ricardo can manage to absorb everything in what sounded an exciting daren''t go for a bertie mee match.

But it is very handy to have the report for those of us who cam''t remember.

I think the matter of Derby chances is perhaps a decent team on a decent run getting behind us a couple of times. It happens.

And looking at the next six league fixtures we are virtually playing the current bottom six. I hope AN keeps the same team where possible, with the same spirit and the same fearless football and we may just get back a bit more of the season. If he waivers then I the reaction will revert to pre Derby.

Its in his hands. We have moaned about him enough. He knows what is needed.

good report Ricardo,but the difference between the Brentford game on NY eve and this one was immense too. I thought we were very poor then and I was mightily relieved when the Oliveira goal was scored as I don''t think any of us had seen it coming... I am hoping for a prolonged stay in the starting line up for Wes! And we''ve found a striker who''s scoring again...otbc

Whilst very happy with that I will need to see prolonged improvement to change my view that the players are there but the management nous is not. He needs to stop fluking about with his back four and stick with that team unless forced to change through loss of form or injury.

Let''s let others worry about us from which confidence should follow.