Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Appeal Brady's Red Card?

These cases don''t get overturned . If it was appealed panel would say ref saw it , and back his interpretation. There was contact and ref considered it reckless. Of course it''s a shocker , but was never going to be overturned .

So according to the BBC, we appealed and it was turned down. Bad decision on the pitch, it was a 50/50 ball and both players slid in, but even worse decision not to overturn the red.

They were always going to back the ref. Shame as hardly a stonewall sending off

Appeal against Butterworths red turned down, looked far worse than Brady''s from what I could see.

Anybody know why the keeper ran to the halfway line to get involved?

He looked to be having a go at Naisy for some reason. Carson (keeper) was NOT happy after that. Got a booking from 50 yards away, and clapped the Ref , for the decision.

Was one narked person for the rest of the game, kept shaking his head, and taking some ''bantz'' from the River End

VW

Appeal against Butterworths red turned down, looked far worse than Brady''s from what I could see.

Don''t know, was a bit random as he took quite a while to decide to go up, but thought Naismith did a cracking job of shutting him and followed him back, chipping away at him after he had been booked.

Can''t believe Derby even tried, he should have got an extra game on top, if that''s not a frivolous appeal I don''t know what is.

It''s amazing what football fans choose to see. Nearly every post on the derby forum is saying it was never a red card, McClaren comes out and almost accuses Hoolahan of play acting, yet I show the incident to my spurs and Liverpool supporting work mates and they both say straight red, he''s lucky he didn''t snap his ankle!

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]VW

Don''t know, was a bit random as he took quite a while to decide to go up, but thought Naismith did a cracking job of shutting him and followed him back, chipping away at him after he had been booked.[/quote]
Naismith must be an absolute pain in the butt to play against. I''m surprised our fans criticise him for his antics. They could win us quite a few points over the season. I honestly thought he may get the ''keeper sent off. I really really hope he stays and settles in because his commitment and movement off the ball would also win us points if he does.

Nutty wrote;

Naismith must be an absolute pain in the butt to play against. I''m surprised our fans criticise him for his antics. They could win us quite a few points over the season. I honestly thought he may get the ''keeper sent off. I really really hope he stays and settles in because his commitment and movement off the ball would also win us points if he does.

Exactly that, Think its his constant moaning that turns fans against him, but can''t question his ability, shame he didn''t have a bit more pace, a very clever player though.

Naismith is a weird one.

Fans haven''t taken to him, he doesn''t seem to have settled and his performances haven''t been particularly great.

So why do we seem to be so much better as a team when he plays?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Nutty wrote;

Exactly that, Think its his constant moaning that turns fans against him, but can''t question his ability, shame he didn''t have a bit more pace, a very clever player though.[/quote]

Totally agree. All teams need a moaner and we haven''t had one for a while . Great that we surrounded the ref , and Naismith got in everyone''s ear. Holty was the King Of the Whingers . And god bless him for it !

For Oliviera and Hoolahan to thrive, they need space, Naismith floats around and pulls opposition players here and there, leaving the space for the others to exploit

Naismith is then accused of not doing a lot by fans as he is not as involved, so you take Naismith out, players aren''t pulled in different directions so the space closes up, meaning Oliviera/Hoolahan/Pritchard are snuffed out of games as has happened recently

Happy to take any flak for this but...

I like Naismith. He is one of those players that makes things happen and stirs up the opposition. For balance, he didn''t play brilliantly for the first 30 minutes or so against the Woolybacks but he did get into the game, began to influence what was happening and, if he stays, I have a feeling he could be very important for us.

There, said it now - how many Hail Mary''s for that?

Agree Drazen. We need some character in the team and some abrasive qualities which aren''t very evident elsewhere.

I think what puts people off is his tendancy to criticise other players, especially Murphy, fans see it and don''t like it.

I''m with you Drazen, Thought that some of the whinging of Naisy, vs Derby, was unwarranted, and I said so at the time.

It seemed that people were determined to moan about him, from the off on Monday, when, realistically, he was unfortunate a couple of times, trying things that didn''t come off, or was a victim of a poor pass.

He seems the only one who does put pressure on the Ref, and we ''need'' more of that