Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Training

Training and education is something that everyone should be exposed to and involved in.

ie. A chef in the restaurant will have a long hard journey to achieve the skills and position, not to mention the salary, of a head chef. A head chef has to continue to improve and develop in order to progress the business for the customers and the owners.

In our football club various supervisors and managers train and develop their staff members so they reach their potential, whether that''s in the club shop, the ticket office or colney etc.

We hope that our players train on as the coaches help them reach their potential.

Who is training the manager? Who is responsible for helping Neil reach his potential?

We have Irvine as an experienced head is he really training Neil?

Perhaps Moxey as CEO? He''s not mentioned or suggested anything about training in the words I''ve heard.

We all have acknowledged that Neil has been''learning on the job'' but it''s difficult to have him hung , drawn and quartered when he doesn''t appear to have the training / education support he needs.

Maybe I''ve got it wrong.

The man is the most arrogant manager we have ever had in the club''s history.

He won Manager of the Month in September, you know? Why would he need training?

[quote user="Number 9"]Training and education is something that everyone should be exposed to and involved in.

ie. A chef in the restaurant will have a long hard journey to achieve the skills and position, not to mention the salary, of a head chef. A head chef has to continue to improve and develop in order to progress the business for the customers and the owners.

In our football club various supervisors and managers train and develop their staff members so they reach their potential, whether that''s in the club shop, the ticket office or colney etc.

We hope that our players train on as the coaches help them reach their potential.

Who is training the manager? Who is responsible for helping Neil reach his potential?

We have Irvine as an experienced head is he really training Neil?

Perhaps Moxey as CEO? He''s not mentioned or suggested anything about training in the words I''ve heard.

We all have acknowledged that Neil has been''learning on the job'' but it''s difficult to have him hung , drawn and quartered when he doesn''t appear to have the training / education support he needs.

Maybe I''ve got it wrong.[/quote]

It''s mainly up to the manager himself to get help when he needs it.  There are plenty of older experienced managers he can call on to get advice.  Who AN looks up to in the world of management would be a good question to ask him.  SAF is known to be quite approachable to other managers and being Scottish too, there could be a connection there, if needed. The club could help him in that regard if he doesn''t have anyone he can call to get advice, but that is for AN to discuss with his employers.  I''d be surprised if that conversation hasn''t taken place. 

I really think the management team would benefit from some constructive time away where they could discuss the team''s current plight in a safe, non-judgemental, non-threatening environment.

http://www.creativeteamevents.com/2014/team-building-using-jazz

Apples

In most industries appraisal is constant and training offered, it should not be left to Neil to stand up and ask for it.

I was hoping this would be ignored, as its obvious why it was posted.Ringing up Alex Ferguson, just off the cuff, for a bit of free advice on how to be a manager, could well be one of the most stupid things Lakey has posted here.

More likely to see Morty screaming " you can take our season ticket money , but you will never take our freedom ! " from the upper Barclay than AN taking any advice from somebody who actually knows something about football 🙄

😂😂😂

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]More likely to see Morty screaming " you can take our season ticket money , but you will never take our freedom ! " from the upper Barclay than AN taking any advice from somebody who actually knows something about football 🙄

😂😂😂[/quote]For the record, I never have, or never will, paint my face blue.

Alex Neil already has Gordon Strachan, Alex Ferguson and David Moyes on speed dial. This current mess is because Bill Shankly is dead and can''t answer the phone any more.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]That thought didn''t cross my mind 😬

Apologise profusely 😉[/quote]I don''t even buy blue clothes lol.

According to Paddy Davitt EDP article Dec 16, SAF has previously "imparted Pearls of Wisdom" to Alex Neil, so they possibly do have contact. "Stick to your guns son, look what happened to me!"

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]The man is the most arrogant manager we have ever had in the club''s history.

He won Manager of the Month in September, you know? Why would he need training?[/quote]An amoeba could win manager of the month with this squad in this league!

[quote user="morty"]Ringing up Alex Ferguson, just off the cuff, for a bit of free advice on how to be a manager, could well be one of the most stupid things Lakey has posted here.[/quote]That''s pushing it a bit Morty, there''s been WAY too much other drivel posted by LDC for this to even make a top 10.After all, SAF is Scottish, and everyone knows that as long as you share a nationality with someone, you can contact them whenever and get whatever help you need. I''m just off for a chat with Eddie Howe as he''ll be more than happy to have a meeting - with me being English and all...

So we can name many experienced ex managers who ''could'' be tapped up for advice, the shame is that no names inside our club have been suggested as back up for or resources for AN to chat to and learn from.