Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Mbokani

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]What like saying Lafferty was happy to pick up Premiership wages while doing nowt you mean?[/quote]Well, he always looks pretty chipper when I see him, so not really, in regards to the snidey point you are trying to make.[:)]

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I get 50% less for my posts here compared to Norwichtalk but I don''t want to go on about it.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]What like saying Lafferty was happy to pick up Premiership wages while doing nowt you mean?[/quote]What, you wouldn''t be happy with that!? Are you the Sultan of Brunei?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]It''s the forum equivalent of going from the prem to the conference 😉[/quote]We''ll leave which is which, open[;)]

Mbok has done about as much as he could as a striker this season, given the way Alex Neill has set up his formations. We could have tried 20 good strikers up front and none of them would have gotten anywhere near double figures for goals. Goodness knows what we will be doing next season in the Champs.We will only have Jerome as a regular striker, maybe  bizarrely Lafferty may still be with us and finally get his chance? I guess Ricky will be heading home to us again also...how funny it would be to see Ricky and Laffs as our strike force after all thats happened.As to whom will be leaving with Mbok, i suspect we all believe Redders for sure, Brady probably, but Naisy and Klose?...i lean towards them both staying actually.

Well there''s less teams in the Premier League so I guess you could claim it that way Morty! But could you muster 20? ;)

[quote user="Making Plans"]Has been a major disappointment for me and hasn''t lived up to his goal scoring reputation. The bottom line is that, like Jerome, in that he just doesn''t score enough.But he was never gonna be here for more than one season so it isn''t a big surprise.I said yesterday in another thread that Mbokani, Naismith, Redmond & Brady would already be discussing a way out with their agents. Personally, if his heart isn''t in it and he''s not up for the fight, then I wouldn''t pick him again this season. [/quote]

Scoring in Belgium isn''t much of a goal scoring reputation, there champ.

Sad indictment of our situation is that he has probably shown to be our most natural goal scorer this season.

IF we stay up a full revamp of the spine of the team needs to take place, which includes a player in the Bony class coming into the club. We need to move all our strikers on and start again.

As I''ve said many times before, I''m a Mbokani fan. However to think he had the reputation as some massive goal scoring wonder is straight hilarity

[quote user="jaemae2"]As I''ve said many times before, I''m a Mbokani fan. However to think he had the reputation as some massive goal scoring wonder is straight hilarity[/quote]
Yeah he''s got a decent goal scoring record, but not really at the top level. He''s very much a journeyman and hardly the big signing we needed up front.

Haha, about 5,6,7 games ago I compared Mbokani''s goal scoring ratio in the premiership to Hoopers. I got slated for it.

He''s led the line well, but all strikers are remembered for their role. Striking goals (not leading the line, holding the ball up) He just hasn''t worked out, whether that''s AN, or because he''s not good enough, or hasn''t played enough, or hasn''t had right partner.

Also posted whether he''d be up for a fight only being on loan. Again got slated. I''m not convinced anything will now change b4 end of season. IMO opinion he needed a partner, but unfortunately that''s not AN''s style.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]What like saying Lafferty was happy to pick up Premiership wages while doing nowt you mean?[/quote]

Well it''s hardly Laffs fault, as he''s never blamed. If he''s on good wages, I''ll bet he''s laughing, and it''ll be the clubs fault for not playing him, and not loaning him out! I don''t think he''s the answer, but as Jerome and Mboks have failed, it''s utterly ridiculous not to try him as we need goals.

Never mind. Lets stick with same two who have failed all season. I''m sure it''ll be alright on the night!

The tragedy is that I believe both Hooper and Mbokani would be in double figures in this division if we played two up front. The lone striker is a dismal set up- how I long to see the back of it.

Totally agree Boots. If we had a stronger midfield, that four could accomodate a Hoolahan or Naysmith, allowing two up front.

Can''t see that ever going to happen under AN. Just be nice to see Bamford tried together with Jerome or Mboks ( not for last 5mins of a game)