Sign in to follow this  
unique

Andre Marriner

An interesting selection for Saturday - the first time he has refereed Norwich this season.

He likes to keep Sunderland in order......has refereed them eighteen times in recent Premier League history........and shown them SEVEN red cards!!

[quote user="unique"]An interesting selection for Saturday - the first time he has refereed Norwich this season.

He likes to keep Sunderland in order......has refereed them eighteen times in recent Premier League history........and shown them SEVEN red cards!![/quote]Excellent[:D]

I am slightly encouraged by that last line OP. I shouldn''t be because I am inclined to believe, all things being equal and somewhat naively, that the referee should have little influence (human error apart) upon the outcome of any match.

Some of this season''s unfavourable decisions we have got, and starting with the infamous Simon Hopper at the outset and ending with a referee afraid to give a clear penalty decision against a vociferous home crowd, that there is more to some of these injustices than just human error.

Alex Neil must have the self-control of a nun. He has hardly gone OTT once all season, preferring to just pass comment.

How ridiculous is it that knowing the referee we are going to have on the weekend has become a thing?

This shouldn''t be something of our concern and it just shows the amount of distortion to games and points the officials can and do have.

Something really needs to be done..

I personally don''t think it''s any coincidence Michael Oliver has refereed us so many times and consistently left us annoyed about decisions not given. Matt Jarvis almost lost the lower half of his body at the weekend but still wasn''t given a penalty. Ho hum.

As for Marriner, can''t say I''ve seen much of him.

How difficult it is to actually have a decent, no biased and non-easily influenced Ref these days?!

[quote user="AJ"]How difficult it is to actually have a decent, no biased and non-easily influenced Ref these days?![/quote]Damn near impossible imo.

[quote user="Year of the tiger"]No one with the name Mariner has ever been good for Norwich[/quote]
Based on a universe of one.  Sound thinking.

in further news the grounds man has indicated the going likely to be good but firm in places.

Kit man is working with Alex to ensure stud lengths, early kick off time and tactics perfectly aligned.