Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Change of colours?

A bit of relief from the nervous tension around tomorrow. Watching the Dortmund game last night I was struck by how different it was for me watching a team play in yellow and black to one in yellow and green. Now I love our colours and they are distinctive, but I thought that Dortmund''s looked a bit harder edged- the black and yellow combo a little more threatening than yellow and green: wasps or bees rather than Canaries. I''m not suggesting that we change for good, far from it as I have many happy memories over the years of glorious yellow and green experiences, but it struck me that it would be interesting if one year we did do black with the yellow just as an experiment.

I am of course a heretic, a binner and so on, but let''s take that as read and just see what anyone''s articulate thoughts might be.

Might be a bit tight for tomorrow, I feel. However we have already lost in the last minute of injury time to Liverpool so already well on the way............

Agreed...and the players can all hold hands at the end of the game when they go to the Barclay after their inevitable victory.

Apples

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]A bit of relief from the nervous tension around tomorrow. Watching the Dortmund game last night I was struck by how different it was for me watching a team play in yellow and black to one in yellow and green. Now I love our colours and they are distinctive, but I thought that Dortmund''s looked a bit harder edged- the black and yellow combo a little more threatening than yellow and green: wasps or bees rather than Canaries. I''m not suggesting that we change for good, far from it as I have many happy memories over the years of glorious yellow and green experiences, but it struck me that it would be interesting if one year we did do black with the yellow just as an experiment.

I am of course a heretic, a binner and so on, but let''s take that as read and just see what anyone''s articulate thoughts might be.[/quote]

Are you ok?

Those of us of an older ilk will well recall City playing in black shorts with two yellow stripes on each side. When the shorts first changed to green many fans were upset and some even called for a boycott of games. I always liked the canary yellow - black combo but feel the yellow and green better defines our club.

Awesome idea!

Let''s also change our team name to the Norwich Coral Canaries!

We can also rename our stadium Coral Carrow Road

Maybe we should actually change our colour to coral.

CORAL!

we have had more seasons with black shorts than without; although we have never played in the top flight with them

Given the revisiting of halved shirts this season a further historical homage with yellow / green shirts & black shorts together with a rendition of OTBC at its proper speed? Its a financial winner as all full kit afficionados will want to get the new shorts too. Kerching

If we could just generate 1/10th of the atmosphere that the Dortmund Sudtribune does I''d be happy, and tomorrow we well might.

Me, I definitely wouldn''t wear yellow nylon shirts by choice!

If you believe that canaries are not fierce enough you obviously haven''t been attacked by one...

"Rollo: "Now these are your meerkats correct."

Laraby: "Don''t do that, please sir... please they go strait for the throat."

Rollo: "Now this new plaque yours laraby says that they''re known as the pirahnas of the desert. Is that right?"

Laraby: "They can strip a human carcass in three minutes."

Rollo: "My encyclopedia says that they are easily tamed and often kept as pets."

Laraby: "No, you''ve not been attacked by one sir."

Rollo: "Nobody has been attacked by one Laraby... or rather if they have, they never noticed. Now these Patagonian Maras of yours, um, devastate entire Argentinian villages do they?"

Laraby: "Oh, they completely wipe them out. It''s shocking to watch."

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Those of us of an older ilk will well recall City playing in black shorts with two yellow stripes on each side. When the shorts first changed to green many fans were upset and some even called for a boycott of games. I always liked the canary yellow - black combo but feel the yellow and green better defines our club.[/quote]