Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Alex Neil "one or two more"

quote user="Darth Bor"][quote user="Fig Roll"]Think there''s a good chance of movement in the goalkeeping department - one in, one out[/quote]
John Ruddy''s going to have a meal and then a dump?
[/quote

I like how you think outside the box Bor

Palace have done very little so far this window, thou higher in the table than us their fans could be us right now, complaining the one man up frontisnt working and none of the strikers are scoring. I think Pardew is pretty keen on Adebayor, also would not surprise me at all on final day he goes for a Redmond / Gayle switch, obviously a few mill coming with Gayle to. Outside of that, can only see Alex going for 1 or 2 more if Laffs or Hooper leave, both for financial, and for the 25 man squad reasons. Dont think DM is to keen to loosen the purse strings to much more.Its pretty interesting but difficult situation, could just as easy be no more ins or outs, but Alex has certainly thoughts on more activity so..what a window! could turn out to be much more busy than i ever imagined.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Good shout regarding Adebayor. I''d take him to the end of the season on a pay as you play/bonus deal. Could be a good deal for both parties.[/quote]

Careful with that one! I nearly got thrown all the way to 1p5wich by some of the usual cynics on here for suggesting such a "ridiculous" idea.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Palace have done very little so far this window, thou higher in the table than us their fans could be us right now, complaining the one man up frontisnt working and none of the strikers are scoring. I think Pardew is pretty keen on Adebayor, also would not surprise me at all on final day he goes for a Redmond / Gayle switch, obviously a few mill coming with Gayle to. Outside of that, can only see Alex going for 1 or 2 more if Laffs or Hooper leave, both for financial, and for the 25 man squad reasons. Dont think DM is to keen to loosen the purse strings to much more.Its pretty interesting but difficult situation, could just as easy be no more ins or outs, but Alex has certainly thoughts on more activity so..what a window! could turn out to be much more busy than i ever imagined.[/quote]I would not be happy with any kind of Redmond / Gayle switch.Why do so many people seem convinced that we should get rid of Redmond?

I sure dont want to see him go, and i dont think Alex has any interest in seeing him go either. I can just see Pardew having a go at such a manouvere, but im hopeful if that happens , one of Alexs stern looks into a reporters camera lens would send Pardew packing.

[quote user="Essjayess"]I sure dont want to see him go, and i dont think Alex has any interest in seeing him go either. I can just see Pardew having a go at such a manouvere, but im hopeful if that happens , one of Alexs stern looks into a reporters camera lens would send Pardew packing.[/quote]Its odd really, it seems to have spread and gathered pace, on here anyway. Thankfully I haven''t seen anything whatsoever that would make me think it likely.

Alex previously spoke about the Jarvis signing adding pace to opposite flank so I can''t see him wanting to sell the only pace on the right side.

More importantly, in money terms Nathan still has the most potential to be an extremely valuable asset. One decent run of performances and suddenly his value will rocket in my opinion. He''s young, British, a starter and standout performer for the England under 21''s, a Premier League regular, pacy, tricky, decent shot etc. One decent run of form and he will be firmly back in the spotlight and there will be rumours galore. Then if we have to sell him, it will at least be for top dollar.

I''m in the same boat as some, and just can''t see Redmond being ''allowed'' to be sold (no matter what the price), unless there is an upgrade in the offing, and who can come up with a viable suggestion for that?

Adebayor? I just can''t see him being an AN type of player, because of his age and even if it is a pay-as-you-play deal. Adebayor, doesn''t need the money, and the motivation to fight 2 others for a space (to get paid)? I''m not convinced, and to the point that I would be stunned if Adebayor signed for us

I''d imagine we are already along the line with discussions. Hopefully we add quickly then we can all sit and laugh at the media getting excited about the anti climax that is deadline day.

One or two more, quite frankly is not good enough. We spent nothing in the summer and the players (money spent thus far) signed thus far should have been signed in the summer. Therefore, essentially our January transfer business consists solely of these possible "one or two more"!

The club have by far the vast majority of fans believing their spin and equally as important, I''m very disappointed that nobody else has recognised this salient point and grasped the reality of our situation!

With just over ten days left, and having apparently secured our targets, I am wondering if McN''s words were addressed not to us, but to any agents or players who pick up the words.

The other possibility is, as others have hinted, that the permanent signings may be over but one or two loan players could be useful. Bamford, anyone?

It''s obviously going to be Gayle, Palace just need to get someone in first, Adebayour i''m assuming. We tried to get him in the summer just like Naismith so likelihood is a return visit for him, would I be happy with him, jury''s out, he does add pace to our striking department which we lack, also seems to be a decent finisher but may need to change style slightly, sure he could run in behind well though.

Wouldn''t also be surprised with some movement on goalkeeper front, I like Rudd alot and he has done very well but still needs to command that 6-12 yard area, if you look at some of the goals we have conceded alot of back post or 6 yard box headers. Would have to be top quality though.

If it is Gayle, what do people think in certain games, that we have Cam/Dave up front with Naisy (that''s what everyone else seems to be calling him) in the 10 slot and Gayle in place of Redmond as our most forward 3?

it all depends on redmonds contract

if he has point blank said he is not signing another contract then best to sell as we can not afford to lose any money we can get for him

seems strange he hasn''t signed a new contract if indeed he has been offered one

It''s not that strange, these things take time. Maybe he wanted to see what ambition we had regarding bringing in players before putting pen to paper. Maybe we''ve agreed with the player to speak at the end of the season once our fate is decided. Our main focus is on staying up, if we do people will commit to the cause, if we don''t players will inevitably leave anyway.

Seeing as on deadline day in the summer Gayle was sitting in a hotel in Norwich, while Grabban was in Bournemouth - all waiting for Palace to land a striker to allow each move to go through in sequence, I think there is a good chance Norwich will return for him. Palace didn''t get their striker and are still searching for one (they are actually one lighter now that Bamford has gone). If Pardew gets his man, whether it is Adebayor or anyone else, I see no reason why Gayle won''t still be a target for AN.

McNally loves a last minute swoop, think he has done it in almost every window in the last couple of season, so deadline day might still hold a surprise.

We''ve got a sizeable chunk of extra money from the Grabban deal which presumably wasn''t originally expected/factored into plans; and we''ve secured our primary targets for the window - so I''d not be at all surprised to see the board take a gamble now on a player who looks good but wasn''t initially a top target, or someone who becomes available last minute due to moves elsewhere. Also could be another loan in with half an eye on the toll the run-in could take on players. Several players out or on the way and we''re no longer wasting a squad space on our 3rd-choice ''keeper so there''s potential for another one to come in I feel.