[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Agree Mort, still believe Hooper could get the odd goal if we''re chasing a game, playing off Mbokani or Jerome.[/quote]I can''t get enthusiastic about Gayle at all, and I don''t want us to buy him just for the sake of it.If need be go with what we have, and buy smarter in the summer.

Gayle seems distinctly average to me but Hooper , while not exactly making my heart skip, does have a great reactive finishing ability. I would have him on the bench for most games, give him lots of u21 games to keep him fit...ish and as i said before , have him in and around the box when we really need a goal or two.

If we land someone better in the next 10 days or so i''d have no problem with Hoops being shifted on for as much as poss.

[quote user="AJ"]Why would Palace want Gomis?[/quote]

Because on his day, he''s a top, top player. Palace have breathing space away from relegation where they can have a real gamble for some top talent.

I was speaking on another thread elsewhere yesterday where someone had said how it was weird how £8m can seem like a bargain to us but a great deal to Everton.

Everton can cash in and go for some more exotic name like Yarmolenko in the hope they find another £30m+ player to their ranks. If it all goes Wolfswinkel up, they know at least they''ll be well covered in terms of squad and also know they won''t get relegated.

Naismith being a proven mid table premiership player is ideal for us but something Everton must grow from if they have any ambitions. Palace may see more potential in Gomis long term whereas Swansea need something now and feel Gayle is more suited to deliver instant results.

Not a lot of enthusiasm for Gayle on here! Some of you are going to be very disappointed soon then.

Tettey''s Jig - Gomis'' stats don''t scream "top, top player" to me. He''s also 30 so would be no real benefit to them unless he was in his prime now - and he certainly isn''t.

If I was Palace and wanted a new striker, I''d rather cash in on Gayle and spend elsewhere. Makes no sense to sign him, I wouldn''t want him here over Mbokani.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="wcorkcanary"]Agree Mort, still believe Hooper could get the odd goal if we''re chasing a game, playing off Mbokani or Jerome.[/quote]I can''t get enthusiastic about Gayle at all, and I don''t want us to buy him just for the sake of it.If need be go with what we have, and buy smarter in the summer.[/quote]

This is understandable. I''m not ''enthused'' about the prospect of buying Dwight Gayle (esp if it''s for more than 4 mill). I completely disagree that he''s not a better 3rd option than what we have and have sold (and HE WOULD BE the 3rd option, buying him isn''t buying a starting striker and isn''t meant to be).

As I''ve already stated the guy has tripled Hooper''s goal total from play in the EXACT SAME amount of starts and many of his appearances (about 15) are for less than 10 minutes.

Let me be clear, I do not necessarily want to spend money on buying Gayle, and waiting for the summer is smarter. However if it means getting money for Gary Hooper and rid of his salary, it''s a win. If it doesn''t happen it''s probably for the best, wouldn''t hiss and cry if he does come though.

There''s a possibility he''d be 2nd option too, but that''s unlikely. Not that Jerome is fantastic or productive in the PL, depth is a good thing if you need it in a pinch and Gayle is better than what we''ve had.

Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has revealed there had been no contact with Swansea over a potential swap deal for strikers Dwight Gayle and Bafetimbi Gomis.

“There''s

been no contact from either club [Gomis for Gayle],” Pardew

said. “Gayle has trained very well, but won''t be involved this week.

We''ll have the same squad as against Man City.

“Most of the noises on the market are probably being generated by agents and the media. It''s part of the game, I quite enjoy it.

We are back to being favourites to sign Bamford (according to the Sky betting) and they have taken Gayle off their list. Someone is happy to lay some money down obviously.