Sign in to follow this  
OldRobert

Villa Match Thread

for the first time, I''m questioning the coaching team. I don''t think the whole squad is rubbish, hey we had a lot worse defense back in 2012 yet made mid table easy and scored for fun. Basics are not being done all over, our creativity is shot, our defense looks shakey no matter who we put in it and there is no leadership. Feeling pretty upset right now

As dibbler just suggested in another thread, Brendan Rodgers is available and did really well at Swansea! Get him in now and give us a chance to stay up!!! Probably cost too much for McWally''s bonus though!

Soon as i saw the teamsheet it was nailed on a defeat. Alex should have learnt by now but clearly he has not, Martin and Bassong should be nowhere near our defensive start up. they carry the baggage of 2 seasons ago. Keep Pinto at RB, let him make mistake and learn, i know Ryan B was not available today, why not put Wisdom in for Bassong? I say this each week, as decent as Brady is at LB, we need his energy and dynamics  further up the pitch, Mulumbu in midfield is a disaster, we missed Tettey, would prefer Voo to Mulumbu. But biggest problem is Alexs team formation, week in week out its same old same old.Off the pitch Alex has done well, helping to give a decent window, but on the pitch, his decisions are a liability in the Premier, and end of the day, a manager is judged by results. We do have players that, give them the right set up, and play them in their true positions, we could have done much better. Sadly after this, Alex is treading a path that only leads to one end result, its a question what will the board do, i dont envy what they have to decide upon.

You''ll all see it in the end. I just see it a lot earlier than most. Alex Neil is not a premier league manager. Needs to go back to the SPL learn a bit more about how to manage.

He''s an experiment that ain''t working and it''s our expense as fans to suffer this garbage week in week out.

Neil out!

Haven''t felt like this since 2013. This feeling of hopelessness. No matter what they do, it won''t work. Perhaps the players or Neil needs to call crisis meeting this week, get everyone''s opinion and change the atmosphere of the team.

Actually Jas, I would hazard a guess that our squad has cost as much, if not more, than Leicester''s.

We''re getting worse by the match. I just can''t see any other outcome other than relegation, when you''re conceding 2 and 3 goals per match there is only one possible outcome. I''ve always felt Neil deserves the time in the job but we are very clearly going down. The board have a decision to make now. I''m glad I''m not the one making it as I don''t know what would be for the best

We look Championship all over. Far too one paced and very little team cohesion. Add to that the usual switching off and mistakes. We just didn''t even give it a go until it was too late. Why the hell were we playing so deep?

Bamford was the only ray of light for me, could''ve scored a couple at the end. He has to start the next game. Mulumbu, what a disappointment.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Actually Jas, I would hazard a guess that our squad has cost as much, if not more, than Leicester''s.[/quote]it may well have done... but when your paying for S**t what do you expect to get in return?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]If we do get relegated then within 2 seasons I do not want a single player with a relegation under their belt at the club.[/quote]
Fair point, too many players at the club we should have got rid of sooner.

I dont know why you think you boo boys bother me Rickyyyyy. Boo on buddy.

What I am slightly surprised about is that you didn''t expect us to lose today. I hoped we''d win but I know better than to have expected it and deep down In sure you expected a defeat too.

It wasn''t must win as the table shows. But we do have to put together a run of results to pull us clear at some point. We did it in 1973 thanks to that iconic defeat of Palace. We failed in 2005 after getting to Fulham with it in our hands. Supporting Norwich is never dull.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I dont know why you think you boo boys bother me Rickyyyyy. Boo on buddy.

What I am slightly surprised about is that you didn''t expect us to lose today. I hoped we''d win but I know better than to have expected it and deep down In sure you expected a defeat too.

It wasn''t must win as the table shows. But we do have to put together a run of results to pull us clear at some point. We did it in 1973 thanks to that iconic defeat of Palace. We failed in 2005 after getting to Fulham with it in our hands. Supporting Norwich is never dull.[/quote]Never dull, but it always seems to end in disappointment, at least when it comes to winning games in the premier league.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I dont know why you think you boo boys bother me Rickyyyyy. Boo on buddy.

It wasn''t must win as the table shows. But we do have to put together a run of results to pull us clear at some point. We did it in 1973 thanks to that iconic defeat of Palace. We failed in 2005 after getting to Fulham with it in our hands. Supporting Norwich is never dull.[/quote]I hoped we''d win Nigel but as you know Villa Park has never been a happy hunting ground and my forecast was for a 1-1 draw. In my heart of hearts I feared a defeat and lets be honest we have decades of form to go on in these sort of games. And then along came Norwich has become our watchword.I still hope survival is possible but its not looking good.I''m not looking forward to the next home game if this kind of form carries on much longer.I will try not to Boo but like many others if things go on this way its unavoidable.