Sign in to follow this  
Jezzard

Clear foul on Klose for first goal anybody?

Watching this live, I couldn''t believe that we weren''t awarded a free kick for Moses'' foul on Klose following Brady''s tackle, but more surprised at the lack of complaints from our team. Ruddy seemed to start an appeal then got set for Payet''s follow up then seemingly forgot to appeal in the aftermath. Moses seemed pissed off to get tackled so just thought I''ll throw myself at this and try to come away with the ball. He did that, but after going through Klose, not dangerously but crucially. It was one that a defender may get away with cos the referee doesn''t want to award a penalty, but I''d expect the defending team to be given it almost always. But the lack of appeals once more was unbelievable. Most teams dispute a decision on a goal when it''s only 10% in their favour.... not watched any punditry....was this just my eyes?

I think it''s one of those where if it was for your team you''d be happy to let it slide, but because we conceded we want a foul. I''m no referee by any means, but having seen replays from several angles after bumping into each other it is clear that Moses just gets to the ball before Klose. As a result even with NCFC tinted glasses I would have to conclude it wasn''t a foul - he was just stronger and quicker sadly.

Sadly the biggest issue with the first goal was Howson failing to cover Brady properly. Yes he got back into the right kind of area, but failed to pick up Payet who couldn''t miss from there. Howson should have been on him! Poor defending, not a foul.

I thought that for once we had a pretty decent ref! He wasn''t wearing any squads colours and gave plenty of fair decisions.

Not often this season have i said that about a ref. usually we''re getting everything go against us!

My immediate thought - sitting in the upper Barclay, with a good view - was that Klose was fouled, but no one else seemed to mention it; seeing in on tv I still think he was fouled. A mate of mine completely unprompted texted me to say he thought so, too - but it seems we''re in a minority!

I was watching a stream. Initial thought was that it was a foul but the replays clearly showed that the WH player clearly played the ball, won it fairly & Klose just fell over

Andy G wrote the following post at 15 Feb 2016 1:07 PM:

I thought that for once we had a pretty decent ref! He wasn''t wearing any squads colours and gave plenty of fair decisions.

Not often this season have i said that about a ref. usually we''re getting everything go against us!

Not sure of that. The non calls for the two wild elbows to the face of Klose by that walking sick note, Andy Carroll may have been a game changer. Calling fouls is one thing but dangerous play is another and there should have been a red card in there.

A shame for Klose. He seemed to find it hard to cope with the ''physicality'' of the Premiership on his debut, but seemed to deal with it better as he got used to it. But he was certainly fouled by Moses for the first goal, and then elbowed twice in the face by Carroll (who should have penalised for those and several other fouls after his introduction). The referee was at fault in each case, but I''m afraid that Klose is going to have to learn to win those confrontations if he is to succeed in this league.

[quote user="El Convento"]A shame for Klose. But he was certainly fouled by Moses for the first goal, [/quote][quote user="Making Plans"]I was watching a stream. Initial thought was

that it was a foul but the replays clearly showed that the WH player

clearly played the ball, won it fairly & Klose just fell over[/quote]Trust me, it was not a foul. Nobody protested and nobody mentioned after the game.It was replayed a couple of times and both the commentator & pundit agreed that it was not a foul. The bottom line is that Moses was too strong & too clever for "Timm But Dim" who unfortunately wasn''t Klose enough.[img]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03388/enfield_3388479b.jpg[/img]

Saying Klose just fell over is doing him a dis-service.  The ball was loose and the West Ham player simply got there first.  Having got there first, Klose''s challenge met the opponents outstretched leg causing him to fall. Sh*t happens in football and in this case, that is all that happened. No foul, no weakness in Klose, just an opposition player being nearer the ball and getting his foot to the ball first.

Brady ran half the length of the pitch to make an incredible tackle , all Klose needed to do at that point was clear the ball , and he fell over !!!

Don''t come on here after watching a stream and tell us supporters who were actually there ,,, and pretty close ,, what happened .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Brady ran half the length of the pitch to make an incredible tackle , all Klose needed to do at that point was clear the ball , and he fell over !!!

Don''t come on here after watching a stream and tell us supporters who were actually there ,,, and pretty close ,, what happened .[/quote]

"dodgy stream" - err.....the highlights are in HD and as clear as anything.   Given that, my interpretation of that event is every bit as relevant as anyone who has seen it, whether at the match or not. 

Don''t know whether it was a foul or not but where was the right back tracking their left winger at one point the left back was closer to Moses than Martin was.

The defending was summed up on MOTD when Shearer said the Norwich defence was all over the place - when will it get sorted. It doesn''t matter how much we attack if we can''t defend.

Yes, but if Klose gets the free kick then Shearer doesn’t get the opportunity to comment on the defence as this probably won’t make the highlights (like when Jerome was clean through at 2-0 and incorrectly given offside). I’d say that this wouldn’t be a free kick in the 1980s or in a Sunday league match, but this is what referees are told to look out for. It’s why they give Vardy penalties when he runs in to the man when he could just go for the ball (e.g. the Bassong one in October). However, this one actually occurred naturally – Klose about to come away with the ball and Moses goes through him. Just think that 19 other teams in the league would have reacted very differently if there’s even a possibility to influence the referee for his next decision. Sam Allardyce’s post match press conference would be solely focused on this and often his team would get the decisions next match.

Some you win, some you lose-Wes was offside when Naismith took his shot so our second goal shouldn''t have been allowed.

How can you say Wes was offside? He was clearly level, and the assistants are meant to give the benefit of the doubt to the attackers anyway.

Re: Klose, you have certainly seen them given. Ultimately he should have done better - wasn''t strong enough. Also Howson could have covered a little better. But, onwards and upwards.