Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

Board to blame

One year Man City didn''t add to their squad after winning the league , the next year they didn''t win it.It doesn''t matter what level you are at, if you don''t advance each year you will fall behind.We basically broke even in the last transfer window, despite the millions of TV revenue

Now either the manager thought we had enough to get by (which I doubt) or the board fell short.

Nearly every Norwich fan out there knew our defence wasn''t good enough before the season started.It''s taken a suspension for AN to realise Martin isn''t up to it and we are better off without him.

We looked woeful at Watford yesterday.Yet again we huff and puff v the big teams but never get the win.

I really do thing we are going to struggle the rest of the season , I''d love to be proved wrong.

Not much to disagree with there though- although it is tough to know if it was the boards fault. Was Alex Neil wanting the wrong players, was the scouting team listening to the wrong agents about who was available, or was it a lack of available funds?

It is difficult to deny that the summer window was an absolute clusterf*ck though, as our pursuit of Afobe pretty much summed up. As the OP says it was pretty obvious that the defence was the weak point of the team and we completely failed to strengthen it.

People blame the manager, the players etc for our continued failures but they continue to happen no matter who the manager is

The only constant and the root cause of the problem is our championship standard board until this is resolved we will always struggle to progress

Nearly every Norwich fan knew this would be a hard season. Some stay strong in the face of adversity. Others crumble at the first sign of trouble. I know who I''d want backing me up..........

Blaming the board is totally fine, blaming the players is fine, blaming the manager is fine.

But I''ll never, ever get over that war cry, that creed, of the moaner with the lack of confidence

"I''d love to be proven wrong"

Cuts me like a goddam knife every time. Put your arse on the line and stand up for what you believe! Don''t add a get out clause!

If you believe it''s the boards fault yell from the rooftops that it''s the boards fault and that''s the end of it.

[quote user="Herman "]Nearly every Norwich fan knew this would be a hard season. Some stay strong in the face of adversity. Others crumble at the first sign of trouble. I know who I''d want backing me up..........[/quote]Well i certainly would not want somebody backing me up who lives in la la land believing all you have to do is stay positive and things get better , try living in the real world Herman . By the way why are Watford not having a hard season , is it because their fans all believe or because the Board signed them some players in the summer capable of playing at this level , take an hour or two it may come to you .

If only we a had fan base of wanna be uri gellers, everything would be just fine.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Herman "]Nearly every Norwich fan knew this would be a hard season. Some stay strong in the face of adversity. Others crumble at the first sign of trouble. I know who I''d want backing me up..........[/quote]Well i certainly would not want somebody backing me up who lives in la la land believing all you have to do is stay positive and things get better , try living in the real world Herman . By the way why are Watford not having a hard season , is it because their fans all believe or because the Board signed them some players in the summer capable of playing at this level , take an hour or two it may come to you .[/quote]

Yes indeed! The head in the sand brigade - of whom Herman is a ringleader - will no doubt persist in their pathetic response of crying ''binner'', ''pant wetter'', ''waveney'' etc to anyone who dare to attempt to discuss the club''s all to obvious failings - as some of us have been doing for some time

I don''t think the board are totally to blame

I don''t think AN can attract the players he is the least know of managers in the league not a big name people may want to play for not as many contacts

we don''t know what the board gave him etc how do you know that money was there but players didn''t buy in to AN

I bet gary Neville could attract better players due to contacts and standing in the game etc not saying he is a better manager that''s yet to be proved but he would have more of a draw to players

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]anyone who dare to attempt to discuss the club''s all to obvious failings - as some of us have been doing for some time[/quote]

I''ve been hearing the same refrain for the last sixty years yet somehow we seem to have survived and had just as many triumphs as disappointments.We are NCFC, it goes with the territory, get used to it or do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Go Ricardo Go.......................... well said.

Life as a football fan is simple, there will be more lean times than anything, if you cant take it, do something else.[/quote]

What you clappers don''t seem to understand is that some people feel that following NCFC should be more than a form of self flagellation.

Tell me Thetford, did you go to Watford ? and did you go to CR the previous week for the Arsenal game? answer those and then explain the differences, once you have managed to complete that then you can start to explain your theory on self flagellation as you put it.

Yes, the board is to blame for poor past appointments from Scouts to Managers.The board has set the budget for Transfer and Wages which is about maxed out, unless clubs come in for the likes of RVW, Hooper, Laffs or Grabban we can''t budge.So unless the board go for it and loosen the purse strings, we will be going down, which may not be a bad thing. Alex Neil will be able to shift the deadwood and start building his own team.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"] What you clappers don''t seem to understand is that some people feel that following NCFC should be more than a form of self flagellation.[/quote]Reality will always be painful for some. If living through tough times is too much for you then go and support United or Arsenal because a yoyo existance is probably the best we can ever hope for. The big 8 will always be the big 8 while the rest of us will constantly re-cycle between upper Champs and lower Prem. I''d like it to be different but bar the backing of a billionaire it is never going to be.Enjoy and celebrate what we have, you could easilys have been born an 1p5wich supporter.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Tell me Thetford, did you go to Watford ? and did you go to CR the previous week for the Arsenal game? answer those and then explain the differences, once you have managed to complete that then you can start to explain your theory on self flagellation as you put it.[/quote]

Yes and yes. Arsenal were disrupted by the injuries to key players yet still outplayed us. The result merely papered over the cracks. Watford were 100 per cent better than us in every department. Why? Because their board had the foresight to see that the manager/some of the players that got them out of the Champ were not good enough for the PL and acted in the summer to bring in the quality needed from around Europe. Meanwhile we dithered hopelessly in the bargain basement and kept faith with an unknown manager who would never be capable of attracting the calibre of player we need. Is that OK for you? Tw at

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Thetford I feel sorry for you, keep hating...........[/quote]

Run out of ideas already have you? Chimp[/quote]
You''re starting to be an embarrassment to Thetford, and that''s really saying something.

Nice quote from Leah Rimillet.......................

"Haters don''t really hate you............... The reality is, they fear that they will never be able to get to where you are right now."

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Nice quote from Leah Rimillet.......................

"Haters don''t really hate you............... The reality is, they fear that they will never be able to get to where you are right now."[/quote]Blimey LC, that''ll go way over his head..............[;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Thetford Yellow"] What you clappers don''t seem to understand is that some people feel that following NCFC should be more than a form of self flagellation.[/quote]Reality will always be painful for some. If living through tough times is too much for you then go and support United or Arsenal because a yoyo existance is probably the best we can ever hope for. The big 8 will always be the big 8 while the rest of us will constantly re-cycle between upper Champs and lower Prem. I''d like it to be different but bar the backing of a billionaire it is never going to be.Enjoy and celebrate what we have, you could easilys have been born an 1p5wich supporter.[/quote]I think i see what you did there with that last sentence ricardo. [:D]