Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Fans Forum with Alex Neil, Frankie McAvoy, Gary Holt

Many thanks for the insight from those that were there – particularly enjoyed reading Jacko''s thorough responses. I''m really going to try my best to get to the next one of these, would be great to finally put some faces to names, so to speak!A real shame that the thread had to be sullied by the rantings of an embittered failure of a human being. Still, at least it gives the rest of us the opportunity to feel a bit better about ourselves... even the Waveneys [;)]

Hope these work
Two of the Crowd
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncfc5/media/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/18%20alex%20forum_zpscyeoru0x.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/18%20alex%20forum_zpscyeoru0x.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncfc5/media/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/19%20alex%20forum_zpsiz6xuukb.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/19%20alex%20forum_zpsiz6xuukb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Gary/Frankie/Dean doing the raffle
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/ncfc5/media/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/4%20alex%20forum_zpsk8s9uci9.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/ncfc%20fans%20social%20club/4%20alex%20forum_zpsk8s9uci9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="GenerationA47"]westcoastcanary: "I understand the caution but maybe some thought could be given to it going forward. Or is the only technology  us exiles are expected to be interested in is online shopping from the Canary Shop?"

It''s a nice thought and I for one would tune in to watch.

Well, for as long as I could stand staring at a full-screen rum advert obscuring the picture...as apparently that''s what free internet content requires these days[/quote]
Have you tried a browser extension such as Adblock (I recommend Adblock itself, not one of the several imitations available)? Without it, trying to watch our games on a stream was purgatory; completely different experience with it.

westcoastcanary: "Have you tried a browser extension such as Adblock (I recommend Adblock itself, not one of the several imitations available)? Without it, trying to watch our games on a stream was purgatory; completely different experience with it."

Thanks, westie. I''ll definitely try it out on the PC some day. Unfortunately my rooted phone OS is incompatible with most popular, useful apps!

Glad for you that you''ve found streaming nirvana. Suppose i will have to put up with the Caribbean spirit induced false paradise (till it wears off in favour of the inevitably familiar gut-wrenching, stinking, painful personal inferno).

To be fair, at least the pinkun ones just go away when I close them, instead of slowing down the page.

OTBC!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"]A real shame that the thread had to be sullied by the rantings of an embittered failure of a human being. [;)][/quote]Well i for one will miss the stories about Blofield Utd and the evenings in the company of the bingo calling bog cleaner on Sweetbriar Road.

I did!

Here''s a really obscure connection between two of the stars on the stage. When I had a chat with Dean Kieley I reminded him about saving Bellamy''s penalty when he played in goal for Bury. Me and Helen kind of followed Dean''s career after that because there was a great shot of a pumped up Dean Kieley on that season''s video. Some may remember the game because it was a Sunday on ITV I think. But my son-in-law made the connection with the great memory that it was Adrian Forbes who won that penalty that day!

Feedthewolf wrote: "Many thanks for the insight from those that were there – particularly enjoyed reading Jacko''s thorough responses."

Like to echo that. I hope my posts about streaming and live text reporting didn''t come over as unsupportive or ungrateful. Certainly not meant that way.

Was particularly pleased to read what AN said about Howson. Just wondered if anyone queried the use AN has been making of him? Any Leeds fan will tell you that, if you want Howson to impose himself on games like he can, you need to play him centrally behind the striker(s).

Also, was anything further said about the more defensive approach of the last few games? I''m surprised AN said it hadn''t worked, because to come out of games against Man City, Chelsea, Swansea and Arsenal with 4 points and a goal difference of just -1 does look to me like "improvement".

Re my post above and question about the more defensive approach, AN has elaborated a little himself in his comments quoted in the BBC''s preview of the Everton match:

"The issue at the start of the season was we were getting plenty of goals but we were having to be really expansive in order to do that and it was costing us defensively. 

"Now we have been a lot more defensive but at the top end of the pitch it generally becomes harder to put the ball in the back of the net, so we are trying to strike that balance."

Much relieved to see that word "balance" and no hint of AN succumbing to the siren voices singing "attack, attack, attack"!

Just to let you know that all the pictures from the event are now on our website www.ncfsc.co.uk

Hope you like them and thanks again for everyone''s support and good wishes on here.

I will be back early January to tell you who our guests will be for our Legends night on Wed Feb 10th

Merry Xmas to all you wonderful pinkun posters from us volunteers of our fans social club

Diane

Can the next one be a WWE style Canary Slam with John Ruddy taking on any lifelong supporters who fancy a bit of verbal and a slap?