Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Threats via Private Messages

The sissy fake limey cop will be denying alcohol fuels a lot of violence. If he was a real cop and not a meter maid, he''d know that.

Cadbury BP and Jaguar all started in England and went global from there. That they''ve been sold since is moot. Airbus isn''t partly British? Major parts aren''t made in England?

Try harder.

I was going to drive to work tomorrow but I''m worried now in case I wake up in a bad mood and decide to waste all my fellow colleagues in the car park.

I expect there are those in North Korea with similar confusrf beliefs. This poor chap talks of freedom, which is in much the same way as a prisoner is free from the responsibility of feeding and housing themselves. The reality is that many in the US are left with a third world health system and an employment culture that sees far lower holidays and much longer hours than the rest of the 1st world. The state may have abandoned any collective responsibilty but it''s children still swear allegiance to a flag every morning. A rather disturbing sight (and thought) that smacks of a totaliterian regime. A regime where schools have armed guards as a norm, and there has been a staggering 45 shootings in schools in 2015 so far ! Whilst many have recognised that horror is totally unacceptable,  there are those like the chap on here, who just to shoves his fingers into his ears ever tighter and closes his eyes likewise. Instead of grasping what is going on he puts out absurd arguments that don''t stand up to even the most cursory examination, perhaps as some form of comfort blanket. Meanwhile innocent folk are gunned down on a daily basis so as to heep the NRA''s backers profits up. What a sick state of affairs.

Bonobor, you are more likely to get drunk and crash than soberly confront someone. You started this thread because you got intimidated by an anonymous PM.

Haven''t heard of England?

Do I own a gun?

Can you read?

Wickerknickers, yes we work harder than you, but if it''s so bad, why are so many coming here? On one hand we''re far lazy stupid, and now bloodthirsty, but on the other hand millions want to be a part of this land of opportunity.

Our 3rd world medicine is the part run by the government. Much like yours is, with long waits for basic treatments and gas prices so high to pay for it that many can''t afford to drive which is good because cars kill way more than guns do in your country. I don''t have to wait 6 months for cataract treatment or to see a cardiologist or to get an MRI. If i was on the county system, or

your system, I would.

We consistently have lower unemployment than all your other supposedly advanced nations. Unlike all of you who focus on negativity, we''re optimistic.

Of the 45 shootings, how many involve fatalities? 1 is too many, but taking away the right to own a gun because a few irresponsible or evil people is asinine. If all these hundreds of millions of guns are made to kill people, how come there are so many happy healthy fun loving optimistic Americans, and if our labor is so bad, why do so many of us own our homes? And why do you people keep coming here? Go to Kazakhstan or Chile. There are other places on Earth you can tour, but I guess a t shirt from Belize or New Brunswick doesn''t have the same cachet as one from Miami.

I know nothing about your health service and you clearly know nothing about ours based on the misinformation you have just spouted out to enhance your point.

I needed a cardiologist a few weeks ago and attended my free at the point of need appointment three days later. You really shouldn''t believe the propoganda. Makes you wonder why you''re fed so much bull. Well it does me anyway. You just seem to have swallowed all you''ve been fed.

Another epic fail-74.8 million tourists visited the US in 2014, 32.6 million visited the UK- but the UK is 1/40th the size of the US so your country ain''t as popular as you think. Don''t know why you think everyone over here is so desperate to suck up everything the US has to offer?

My mother needed treatment for her sore wrist and it took ages before anything was done. She lives there.

My wife needed to see a cardiologlogist and was in his office that day. Luckily it wasn''t something that could have turned fatal wsiting 3 days.

Im not talking about people visiting England, which is close to densely populated Westrrn Europe. Im talking about how you all come here when there are plenty of other places to visit. Square miles is besides the point. I can drive 2000 miles and still be in the US. YOU go about 60 miles east (can''t drive that, I know) and you''re in Holland. So of course you get more foreign visitors. You have a vAriety of cultures close by, and a variety further afield which go ignored so you can come to this country despite how awful it and its people are.

Gainer, your sense of proportion and comparison is off the scale at times, in your quest to ''defend'' your country

btw, I have been to Belize, but couldn''t find a sodding Belize T-shirt

Ha ha, more tourists per square mile, not in total. And England is so easily accessible to foreigners whereas other than northern Mexico and Southern Canada, the US is much harder to access.

On your specific point on unemployment levels, it could be suggested that the reason you have a lower rate currently is because your president is several steps to the left of our government and has implemented far more effective measures to stimulate the economy. Sadly for us.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Yes, one at a time, and #1 for too many of you is the good ole USA[/quote]

For crying out loud. Does this really need explaining?

No, Nuff, it''s been like that for decade after decade.

Yes cc, can you explain why everyone there comes here and spends so much time paying us attention? It makes no sense when you also seem to have such a low opinion of so many aspects of American culture. Why don''t you all visit Canada? It''s quite similar in many ways and yrt has that same resentment towards us.

Herman, I''m mainly responding to lies. I throw in stuff about how terrific this place is and how you can''t seem to get here fast enough (and how many places there advertise as "American style" because they know that attracts people?) because it amuses me to see the smug know nothings get angrier, get defensive, admit I''m right, or ignore it and stage another attack.

houstonspeak: When i lived in Norwich there was no trick or treating or any sort of acknowledgment of the day.

Nope, you''ve never been to Norwich. Google maps does not count. Try again.

houstonspeak: ...how come there are so many happy healthy fun loving optimistic Americans......

Nope, Americans are the most obese when compared to the other western developed nations. Try again.

houstonspeak: ...why do so many of us own our own homes?

Nope, the US is nowhere close to the top (17th even before the collapse) and ahem, it is consistently lower, even now, than the UK. Try again.

houstonspeak: ....millions want to be a part of this land of opportunity.

Nope. Try again

Dozens Of Countries Take In More Immigrants Per Capita Than The U.S.

[url]http://www.npr.org/2014/10/29/359963625/dozens-of-countries-take-in-more-immigrants-per-capita-than-the-u-s[/url]

"If you think the United States is every immigrant''s dream, reconsider. Sure, in absolute numbers, the U.S. is home to the most foreign-born people — 45.7 million in 2013.

But relatively, it''s upper-midpack as an immigrant nation. It ranks 65th worldwide in terms of percentage of population that is foreign-born, according to the U.N. report "Trends in International Migrant Stock."

Whether tax havens and worker-hungry Gulf states, refugee sanctuaries or diverse, thriving economies, a host of nations are more immigrant-dense than the famed American melting pot.

The Settler Nations

Immigrants make up more than a fourth (27.7 percent) of the land Down Under; two other settler nations, New Zealand and Canada, weigh in with 25.1 and 20.7 percent foreign-born, respectively. That''s compared with 14.3 percent in the United States."

You are welcome.

You''re country has done a lot to be proud of, especially in the cultural sense of things. But your gun laws ARE a mess and you need to seriously review them before your country suffers, long term.For starters, you get a lot of tourists, but how many will start to avoid the place if their safety is at risk. This is one of the smaller problems the US will start facing if you don''t start taking it seriously.

[quote user="Herman "]You''re country has done a lot to be proud of, especially in the cultural sense of things. But your gun laws ARE a mess and you need to seriously review them before your country suffers, long term.For starters, you get a lot of tourists, but how many will start to avoid the place if their safety is at risk. This is one of the smaller problems the US will start facing if you don''t start taking it seriously.[/quote]
Therein lies the problem Herman. Gopher, like so many Americans cannot understand that criticising one aspect of a country does not automatically mean you are criticising the entire nation and every facet of it.
I don''t blame his Mum for living as far away as possible, if I''d spawned a cretin like him I would want to put a continent or two between us and pretend he never happened too.

Guns are part of the culture and have been for centuries. If people don''t visit because of that, then they never were. So no loss.

Elfie, did I say we''re #1 in immigrants? You think those Syrians wouldn''t come here if we were as close as Europe? Much immigration is regional, so besides Mexico, there are no local sources of mass immigration.

Your home ownership stats are dubious at best. And our homes and yards are so much bigger. Even bigger than your snowed in hovel in Winterpeg.

Canada, Australia and NZ have high % in part because they have small population to start with.

Obesity rates are dropping here, but that aside, Americans are optimistic happy and healthy so your 20 year old stats prove nothing.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Wickerknickers, yes we work harder than you, but if it''s so bad, why are so many coming here? On one hand we''re far lazy stupid, and now bloodthirsty, but on the other hand millions want to be a part of this land of opportunity.

Our 3rd world medicine is the part run by the government. Much like yours is, with long waits for basic treatments and gas prices so high to pay for it that many can''t afford to drive which is good because cars kill way more than guns do in your country. I don''t have to wait 6 months for cataract treatment or to see a cardiologist or to get an MRI. If i was on the county system, or

your system, I would.

We consistently have lower unemployment than all your other supposedly advanced nations. Unlike all of you who focus on negativity, we''re optimistic.

Of the 45 shootings, how many involve fatalities? 1 is too many, but taking away the right to own a gun because a few irresponsible or evil people is asinine. If all these hundreds of millions of guns are made to kill people, how come there are so many happy healthy fun loving optimistic Americans, and if our labor is so bad, why do so many of us own our homes? And why do you people keep coming here? Go to Kazakhstan or Chile. There are other places on Earth you can tour, but I guess a t shirt from Belize or New Brunswick doesn''t have the same cachet as one from Miami.[/quote]

It is a measure of the inward isolationism of so many of you that you don;t even know what is going on in your own country, nevermind elsewhere. You don''t work harder, just longer. There is higher productivity in countries like Germany, France and Denmark where there are better work conditions and more holidays. Even your own people at Google now recognise this. Your health service is a backward failing shambles, Take a look at this http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror.  Which highlights how it maybe the most expensive but does not deliver. The times you quote do not bear ANY relationship to reality in this country either. A health service that is run collectively, as it is in every other advanced country... except yours. Even your own fire, police, army, law, education etc systems are run this way. Is it any wondert that many in your country are now asking that your health service is brought out of the 19th century. Where money can then be spent on clinical staff and efficiency, not salesman and bureacracy. Your claim about unemployment is innaccurate too.What we have seen is someone either lying through intent, or just sheer ignorance. I suspect the latter (as my opening sentence). You need to take a look at the wider world. Look at the heaps of shit that were once your cars, and recognise how much you can and need to learn from the rest of the world. Plenty of visitors went to Bedlam, but they did not take home the ideas and behaviour of the residents. To claim that because so many of the world''s poor want to get to the US must mean it''s glaring faults do not exist is absurd. Folk on here will continue to challenge you and your flawed ideas when you continue to put them up. As I have said. You would do well to learn and check first before you post up stuff that may play well with a Sarah Palin audience, but is not credible or true to anyone else.

Oh houston, you so funnnnny. You''d fit right in with those Manitobans, being they''re about 40 years behind the rest of the world. Kind of like the Arkansas of Canada. Oh by the way, what was the mortgage default rate in ''merica. Can foreigners still come and buy your big houses for £7500 in Florida and Arizona or even better £1500 in Detroit and Louisiana? Just wondering if I should come and buy your house from the bank and kick your sorry ar ses back to the trailer park. You could be on an episode of Cops!

houstonspeak: .....20 year old stats

Nope, the latest stats.

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2920219/How-fat-country-nations-highest-obesity-rates-new-maps-surprise-you.html[/url]

[url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_home_ownership_rate[/url]

Donkey

No idea what unemployment or productivity stats your looking at but I''ve noticed the relatively low unemployment rate in the US compared to other nations be it from radio, tv, newspapers, magazines or any other source, be it from Canada, England or America. I was surprised by the productivity stat, and have seen it only in the last decade, but once again it''s from a variety of sources in various countries.

America is different. We don''t follow, we lead. The only thing metric here are those 2 liter bottles of soda.

Elfie, Norwich is the Arkansas of England, if you''re talking stereotypes, which is about all you know. Arkansas is actually pretty nice, and very picturesque north of Little Rock. You''ve never been to either there or Norwich, just Winnipeg. They cut flights to England from there to make sure you never make it over.

Kick it, there are way more than just one criticism of the US on here.

Why are you limeys like Til and elf so cowardly that you make anonymous threats on here, and like Bonobor who comes here to cry about it? Ya bunch of Nevilles.

Hey! I can make stereotypical statements too! :)

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]No idea what unemployment or productivity stats your looking at but I''ve noticed the relatively low unemployment rate in the US compared to other nations be it from radio, tv, newspapers, magazines or any other source, be it from Canada, England or America. I was surprised by the productivity stat, and have seen it only in the last decade, but once again it''s from a variety of sources in various countries.

America is different. We don''t follow, we lead. The only thing metric here are those 2 liter bottles of soda.

Elfie, Norwich is the Arkansas of England, if you''re talking stereotypes, which is about all you know. Arkansas is actually pretty nice, and very picturesque north of Little Rock. You''ve never been to either there or Norwich, just Winnipeg. They cut flights to England from there to make sure you never make it over.[/quote]Lead ? As in that''s why you had to copy foreign cars and will have to soon dump your third world health care. As to unemployment it is based on the notoriously unreliable CPS method. Another example of US incompetence. Look at your food industry, where dangerous chemicals are routinely used (maybe that is why the populace is mad and fat). This stuff is banned elsewhere but in the US feeding shit to it''s consumers is accepted, literally. From chickenshit in cattle feed to arsenic in chicken feed. Growth  accelerators such as Ractopomine which is banned in 160 other countries are good enough for the US, as is Atrazine, A very dangerous weedkiller. Even the questionable and some would say dangerous GM foods that are banned elsewhere are allowed to be fed to the ever stouter US citizens. Yes, in the land of the free big business is free to feed all manner of dangerous stuff to it''s citizens without them having a say in it. Keep as many guns in your house as you like, because they won''t stop you from being poisoned. I would say it''s time for you to wake up, but I should imagine reality would perhaps be a bit too much to bear. Far better to deride those who trying to drag you out of your 19th century (even 18th century) mindset than question why you are lied to on a routine basis. Why so many talk of the events of the War of Independence but haven''t a clue what really happened and why.. And as another village idiot said ''stuff happens'' ask yourself why, what would be a major event, a school shooting, is just another day in the US. Is that how bad it is ?