Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

BRADLEY JOHNSON SOLD

According to Michael Bailey Johnson has said he wanted the deal to be pushed through and an easy decision!

Johnson found himself last season and he is a fantastic force at championship level.  He was not going to enjoy being on the bench at CR this season.That is why it was an easy decision for him.  

[quote user="Vanwink"].

Glad I kept my hand in my pocket,

This is not wholly unexpected.[/quote]I did too.Yet again we see the club make a mess of things just as we get in a position to fly.I''ve seen it far to many times and know what happens next.sometimes we''ve just been unlucky but this time it''s self inflicted.

Eadie saying he doesn''t buy it, Sounds forced and just saying the right things

"I didn''t have to think twice".

What the hell has happened to make a player give his all to get into the PL, only to give it all up in less than a month to go back to the Championship?

You would have to hope that he feels more comfortable playing at a certain level of football, without wishing to admit it.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="juicy plams"]Why are people sorry about losing a bog standard championship player? This is a good move if it means we upgrade to a proper PL player.[/quote]

Hate to point this out but we have minus 29 minutes to get someone in as a replacement.[/quote]No late deal has been announced? Bottom place is now a nailed on reality.

I will also add that Johnson has spent a fair bit on his house lately so I don''t think this has been in the pipeline. I know this cos I''ve priced up work at his

I believe he wanted to go because he wants first team football every week, we''ve got some Money for him.

But our inability to get players, to buy players at this level, to get in players good enough to come to Norwich is a huge problem. And that''s depressing.

Even the clubs that came up with us seem to have the ability to bring in players because of the big money backing.

It''s the inability to compete that hurts.

[quote user="Vanwink"].

Glad I kept my hand in my pocket,

This is not wholly unexpected.[/quote]I did too.Yet again we see the club make a mess of things just as we get in a position to fly.I''ve seen it far to many times and know what happens next.sometimes we''ve just been unlucky but this time it''s self inflicted.

He''s saying exactly what you''d expect him to say about his new club. Impossible to read too much into it, although he hardly looked thrilled in the video interview I saw.

any idea how much money they pay?

Is not same player since stupid yellow card in April with Sheff Wed at home to be honest but still big figure in dressing room.Hope not affected team spirit...

You should go for the 3 year ST, Ricardo.

Just make McNally a ridiculous under-offer or two, or three, or four.

You''ll either pay full price in the end or simply miss the deadline.

EXCELLENT BUSINESS! Selling a player who is not Premiership class for £6m+ is fantastic.

If people are realistic they will remember his poor passing and his inability to hold position as a defensive midfield player. Furthermore he has already shown this season that he was off the pace. Moreover it was highly unlikely that he would repeat last seasons goalscoring form in the Premiership.

So good luck to BJ and thanks Derby for the money.

Surely there is more to this than everyone is letting on... 4 games in? I could understand come January but not this soon...

On balance, while surprised, my own conclusion is that it is probably good business for all concerned. He is likely to make a greater impact in the Championship, and is far more likely to play regularly. With all the central midfielders we have, he was not going to have much time on the pitch.

For Derby, the fact that they were prepared to stump up almost twice what we paid for Dorrans suggests that he should fit in with their structures.

For the Canaries, while he did very well for us last season, he has to be regarded as a borderline Championship/Premiership player occupying one of the 25 places in the squad. His contribution as a midfielder was in scoring goals, and creativity was not his strong point.

He was committed and ran and ran, and made a big contribution, and we owe him thanks for that.