Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

No Centre Back, clubs a joke!

That''s very worrying.

What''s more worrying is we went into the last day trying to sign rejects like nedum onuhua. Just going for anyone.

Don''t we have people employed by the club to identify targets. I could name you 10 centre backs in the championship who are better and who are on less than the reported £45k a week he is.

We have a pool of 5 players to play at CB and RB. What happens when we pick up inevitable injuries and suspensions. Whittaker is due to serve a suspension. Bassong is only two games away from a suspension already. Throw a few knocks into the mix and their could be games when we struggle to have any viable substitutes in these positions, especially since Elliot Bennett is clearly not fancied by AN.

Oh well, 8.20pm, it''s not happening is it? Lack of quality at CB got us relegated last time, like so many others I said to myself they are going to do something about it this time.... Aren''t they?

AN didn''t want to drop the Scottish contingent of whitts and Martin, shortly we will have the national team playing for NCFC!!!!

I think a lot of the trouble is Russell Martin sign a proper CB and he''s toast , they just do not want to drop Mr Nice Guy . He should be told he is playing right back or not at all , he is a liability to the club .

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Let''s all have a cry

It was only a few weeks ago the wisdom was a better centre half than a right back?[/quote]If you are happy to let in 2 or 3 goals a game on average then good luck with that, I hate to think what Man City will do to us. I cannot believe people think we can put up a fight with Martin and Whittaker in the side neither can tackle and are very slow, poor show in the window. Oh and why have we let players out on loan and kept Elliot Bennet in the squad beggars belief.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Hope Bournmouth stuff us and show our incompetent board and negotiators what a joke our back four is![/quote]

Now this is a true NCFC supporter - praying we lose to a direct rival just to spite the owners. Idiot.

im just trying to figure this out

whittakermartinbennettbassongolssonwisdomtoffolothen brady & e.bennet (even though ive got no faith in him whatsoever) can potentially cover as wing backs

i

dont really see on what planet a manager would think that is a premier

league standard defence, olsson and at a very long stretch bassong would

get in other teams in this league, the rest of them are championship level or unproven.if i was managing the opposition, id tell my players to target our right hand side, run at them because they have mistakes in them and no pace

You could have argued that we would have made do up front, and a midfield (with BJ) was well equipped. But no one can deny our CB pairing is not good enough. Martin gets found out time and time again. AN must see it, we all do and he watches the match back time and time again. I said it before, Martin as a CB will relegate us. Sorry Martin lovers.

Defence was critical.

At least 1 centre back was needed.

Ah well roll on January window, we need it to build for the next few seasons. We need centre halves of quality AsAP

[quote user="iron_stan"]im just trying to figure this out

whittakermartinbennettbassongolssonwisdomtoffolothen brady & e.bennet (even though ive got no faith in him whatsoever) can potentially cover as wing backs

i

dont really see on what planet a manager would think that is a premier

league standard defence, olsson and at a very long stretch bassong would

get in other teams in this league, the rest of them are championship level or unproven.if i was managing the opposition, id tell my players to target our right hand side, run at them because they have mistakes in them and no pace

[/quote]Yep.There''s a good number of stronger defences within 2nd Division squads.