Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Lee Darnborough appointed head of recruitment

Does anyone actually have any proof that Tom is lying?
Just because his scouting posts aren''t great, doesn''t mean he isn''t one. Just means he isn''t necessarily a particularly good one.

He can only be an upgrade on the shambolic recruitment system of last summer which saw us accumulate the dead wood below

Voo - Did he ever play 90 mins

San Miquel - 90 mins against Preston & given the run around

Laferty - liability booked every game and after watching him play for NI, no improvement, could not trap a bag of cement

McGrandles - Still dont know why we signed him - destined to play at L1 level at best

2 x Pensioner Centre Halves who constantly gave away penalties (now gone thank goodness)

Lets hope Darnborough is slightly more successful, but then my mother in law could have done better and shes over 80

Tell you what Newton I bet Liverpool could do with your negative outlook on Brendan Rodgers and the wasted £70 million they received for Saurez. That money was well spent on replacements. [;)]

"McGrandles - Still dont know why we signed him - destined to play at L1 level at best"Well he''s 19 and he has played a lot for the U21s. Maybe we signed him because he is a prospect.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 8:24 PM:

Tell you what Newton I bet Liverpool could do with your negative outlook on Brendan Rodgers and the wasted £70 million they received for Saurez. That money was well spent on replacements. Wink [;)]

Till - I think Rogers nearly went because of the overall performance of the team - as far as the Saurez money being wasted - I agree

But, I dont think Rogers has the final say on transfers, which is why the blame cannot be laid at his door

I am not sure what the set up was at Norwich when Adams was in charge last summer - did he have the final say ? I would imaging that Alex Neil would have insisted he had the final word when he signed in Jan - but again there are so many chops and changes I am not 100% certain

Herman wrote the following post at 16/06/2015 8:32 PM:

"McGrandles - Still dont know why we signed him - destined to play at L1 level at best"

Well he''s 19 and he has played a lot for the U21s. Maybe we signed him because he is a prospect.

Herman - 19 years old and not one start for the first team all season - a combined playing time for the 1st team of around 45 mins over 46 plus games. There were loads of 19 year olds who featured regularly for other teams in the champs.

Could not even get a start in that infamous home loss to Brentford when we were so short of midfielders that Whitaker played there and was constantly booed (not his fault)

He will have to develop like an express train if he is going to break through - I have my doubts

Season long loan coming up to L1 / 2 club at best

What about all the other 19 year olds we have that haven''t played for the first team ? Are they all useless too ?

Was about to say much the same, Frank - some seem intent on absolutely missing the point; not all players are bought to go straight into the first team - some are, others are for the future, others to bolster the squad. McG was always one for the future - and should he go on loan (part of) this season it would not necessarily mean anything bad at all.

Some of our signings last season did pretty well, others not so much - but our hit rate wasn''t too bad, certainly no worse than many others, and we did end up promoted.

[quote user="Newton"] I am not sure what the set up was at Norwich when Adams was in charge last summer - did he have the final say ? I would imaging that Alex Neil would have insisted he had the final word when he signed in Jan - but again there are so many chops and changes I am not 100% certain[/quote]

I thought you said that Adams had wasted £17 million with some dodgy signings last summer but now you are questioning whether he had the final say. If he didn''t those signings must have been sanctioned by McNally as head of the football management set up or whatever it is called. Then we have your imagination running wild as to whether Alex Neil insists now on having the final say but as you say you are not 100% certain.

Boy have you changed your tune Newton and if responding I am still waiting for you to tell us all about the £400k we gave Dean Ashton to leave.

@Til

To be fair Neil did say before he joined he wanted control- interview is here

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-01-09/alex-neil-norwich-city-move-has-to-be-right-for-me/

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 17/06/2015 10:32 PM:

Newton wrote:

I am not sure what the set up was at Norwich when Adams was in charge last summer - did he have the final say ? I would imaging that Alex Neil would have insisted he had the final word when he signed in Jan - but again there are so many chops and changes I am not 100% certain

Boy have you changed your tune Newton and if responding I am still waiting for you to tell us all about the £400k we gave Dean Ashton to leave.

Till what are you talking about - I have never mentioned Dean Ashton in any of my posts

Suggest you increase the number of tablets you take each day - they are not working - perhaps double the doze

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Newton"] I am not sure what the set up was at Norwich when Adams was in charge last summer - did he have the final say ? I would imaging that Alex Neil would have insisted he had the final word when he signed in Jan - but again there are so many chops and changes I am not 100% certain[/quote]

I thought you said that Adams had wasted £17 million with some dodgy signings last summer but now you are questioning whether he had the final say. If he didn''t those signings must have been sanctioned by McNally as head of the football management set up or whatever it is called. Then we have your imagination running wild as to whether Alex Neil insists now on having the final say but as you say you are not 100% certain.

[/quote]

Either Til101 believes that Newton & Big Vince are the same person or it''s just that all idiots are alike to him.

Quote from Big Vince,

Delia a saint. This must be the wind-up of the century so far?

Anybody who appoints the Blarneymeister can hardly be a saint. Little binnie yes. Saint no.

This saint paid Deanus Ashtoninus Maximus £400K to leave the Club.

This saint appointed Gunn and Adams, amongst other failures.

This saint recruited a Villa-supporting executive chairman.

This saint appointed a Hull City-supporting chairman.

This saint is going to vaccinate you against the cups before next season starts. The serum was formulated and distributed from deep inside the bowels of Portaloo Road.

Indeed apologies to Newton it was Big V who was on about Ashton however I cannot be blamed for the confusion as both are a couple of serial whiners when it comes to Norwich City. [:D]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 18/06/2015 11:35 AM:

Indeed apologies to Newton it was Big V who was on about Ashton however I cannot be blamed for the confusion as both are a couple of serial whiners when it comes to Norwich City

Till thats fine - glad to see the tablets are very quick acting

Yes the truth hurts many of you dosent it ?

Indeed if you read Purples responses he is also agreeing in princple with our views

[quote user="Newton"]

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 18/06/2015 11:35 AM:

Indeed apologies to Newton it was Big V who was on about Ashton however I cannot be blamed for the confusion as both are a couple of serial whiners when it comes to Norwich City

Till thats fine - glad to see the tablets are very quick acting

Yes the truth hurts many of you dosent it ?

Indeed if you read Purples responses he is also agreeing in princple with our views

[/quote]I have read those posts of Purple on another thread.  Now I am not very bright and it is all way too high-flown for me, but as far as I can see he is agreeing with some - only some - of the.facts put forward. However he seems by no means to agreeing in principle or in reality with all the views and conclusions drawn in a very biased way from those partial facts. Actually rather the opposite, if I read him right.

Purple I was agreeing with the facts that you agreed with -spiralling debt when we were in L1 & the owners being forced to put in cash to keep us a float

If the debt was £6M or £10M the point is they (owners) were the catalyst as they had appointed a succession of poor managers, the one that took us down finally relived of his duties by David Mc (just appointed) after constantly being found in charge of a football team while under the influence of alcohole (if comments in the press are to be believed)

Please enlighten me as to what view you do not agree with as you appear to be jumping ship faster than the 1st class passengers leaving the Titanic (or is this solely to look good in the eyes of the many trolls who hang around on these boards -I thought you were bigger than that but perhaps not)

Will he buy the players then AN will work with them, or will AN meet with him and identify what player he is looking for and then he will go out and get him?

That''s a bit of a poor allegation, one coincidentally that I have only ever heard from you. Any evidence to back that up?

Jas -

The club have the ''Football Board'' which will sit to decide transfers. How the power is shared between the members; McNally, Ricky Martin, Alex Neil and the Head of Recruitment is unclear though.

McNally and Neil said the manager ''has the final decision'' but that doesn''t mean he chooses the targets, just he can say no if he doesn''t fancy them. There is also the chance this isn''t true, few clubs admit they take the responsibility of transfers out of the manager''s hands as it is deemed ''stupid'' by many football pundits. (Despite the fact that the most successful clubs in the world all operate this type of policy).

I imagine it is a discussion - Neil will highlight weaknesses in the squad, the head of recruitment will offer assessments of players - Darnborough is from a stat backround having worked at ProZone - whilst Ricky Martin''s job is to nurture the ''Norwich Way''. I suspect the purchase of players for development, such as Louis Thompson, is handled by Ricky Martin who can think more long-term than Alex Neil.

I much prefer this system to the approach which gives the manager all the power to pick and choose players, which causes massive problems when the manager leaves. Also, it isn''t in a manager''s interest to sign players who will be good in 3 or 4 years as they know there is only a slim chance they will be there then.

I think this covers who has the final say on transfers  -AN

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2015-01-09/alex-neil-norwich-city-move-has-to-be-right-for-me/

Yes, its called lying.

Football clubs and managers do it on a daily basis to improve their PR. I''m not saying Norwich have done so in this case, or Alex Neil is lying - but clubs/managers/players regularly say one thing to the press whilst the exact opposite is happening.

In this case AN was asked about control of transfers, due to Iwan Roberts saying it was silly to have a Football Board, and AN answered this way. He wouldn''t say he didn''t want control of transfers as it would undermine his authority in the eyes of the fans before he had even started.

Again I don''t know Norwich''s exact situation, but having trained managers and players in media management I would certainly advise AN to say what he did. Whether it was the truth or not.

Bethnal we have to believe what you are saying because you claim Alex Neils comments in an interview were lies

You claim is based on your vast experience in media managerment

OH YEAH

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I sense a rather strong element of history re-writing going on....[/quote]I wonder what Mr Gunn''s lawyers would think of it?