Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Declan Rudd

I reckon Alex Neil will start with Declan on Saturday. He will want two match fit keepers at his disposal for the play-offs especially with a strong possibility of penalty shoot-outs. It wouldn''t make sense if Ruddy was injured or sent off and Declan was thrown in cold with so much at stake after a season on the bench. Not only that, I think Declan has a better record at saving penalties than John Ruddy does.

I don''t know if you''ve noticed much but Alex Neil doesn''t tend to change his starting eleven that much - I don''t know Alex Neil, and I have no managerial or coaching experience, but I can say I would bet my house on John Ruddy being in goal on Saturday.

Lewis i''m with you, I think your house is safe, the one position that would surprise me its GK, but its football, so on second thoughts maybe your house isn''t that safe.........

Lapins reasoning certainly makes sence, and Neil seems to be a meticulous thinker/planner, so I wouldn''t be shocked if this happened. while Saturdays game still has some meaning, next to the playoffs its miniscule. we need ruddy 100%

"I think Declan has a better record at saving penalties than John Ruddy does."

Yes, but there won''t be a penalty shoot out on Saturday, nor even in the following game. And if we are drawing the play-off second leg or indeed the final late on Neil will use all his subs trying to win it.

And in any case Declan hasn''t had to face most of his penalties at first-team level, Ruddy has.

The more pertinent question re. Declan is what happens next season?

If Ruddy goes will Neil consider him a good enough replacement? If Ruddy stays Rudd will surely need to move on.

Yes I think Declan should be given a chance or we will loose him at the end of the season. Ruddy is rubbish and has cost us the league this year and he had failed to get in the England team.

[quote user="Paul"]Yes I think Declan should be given a chance or we will loose him at the end of the season. Ruddy is rubbish and has cost us the league this year and he had failed to get in the England team.[/quote]

I guess you had a really bad night''s sleep? Cheer up!

Its a shame he can''t get a game tbh, he has long been a promising keeper for us and was the best in league 1 last year. I''d give him the game against Fulham. Last thing we want is ruddy getting injured in a dead rubber.

Can''t see AN changing the team too much, will want to keep momentum heading into play offs.