Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

If we don't make it who will go

Dread to think the worst but if we don''t make it a few will want out , Johnson , ruddy , howson and probably Redmond are the only ones I would think are up to premier league standard .

Also plenty of bottom half premier teams would improve their squads by buying Tetty. It doesn''t bear thinking about. We need to do and we will. 

Tettey, Johnson & Howson all signed long contract extenisons in the last 12 months. Dont think any of these will go.

BUT if they do will be for very good money.

Redmond, Olsson & Hooper will probably go.

Should imagine Ruddy would go if someone can offer him first team prem football. Dont think he will he go somewhere to sit on the bench.

Horrible scenario. At least it would give some of our promising youngsters a chance.We would likely end up the richest club ever to play in Lg 1.

What a lovely depressive negative thread to get up to just 48 hours before our biggest game in 30 years.  [:(][:''(]

I don''t see Russell Martin''s name being mentioned. Surprising considering how many of you rate him so very highly!!

Martin just signed a new contract, so here whatever the division. Though I would expect us to bring in another central defender should we go up.

I really don''t get this anti-Martin movement. Since he came, very cheaply, he has been a fixture in our succes story in getting into the PL and remaining there for three seasons against all the odds.One poor game and he seems to have become the scapeoat, especially as Whitts is going through a good patch.Russell Martin owes our Club nothing and at the very least will be a useful back-up in the coming seasons.Yes he was undoubtedly poor on Saturday, but he has had far, far more good games than bad.

Olsson would be gone for definite. No big loss in my eyes anyway.

Bassong I imagine would be off.

Redmond as well.

Wolfswinkel.

I think we''d keep the rest. Johnson has just signed a new contract and seems to be Norwich through and through now from his interviews.

Out of the above 4, Bassong would be the biggest loss, Redmond is replaceable (Go for an Antonio or someone) and we''d get good money for him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What a lovely depressive negative thread to get up to just 48 hours before our biggest game in 30 years.  [:(][:''(][/quote]

Biggest game in 30 years bigger than when we got promoted and enabled us to clear our debts? the game has nothing other than a Wembley appearance riding on it - it''ll mean nothing if we don''t get promoted just bragging rights.

Had we been playing Brentford or Boro, we wouldn''t have this "massive" game hype it''s just because it''s a local derby.

If we don''t go up -

Ruddy, Bunn, Olssen, Bassong, Turner, Cuellar, Johnson, Redmond, Hooper, Jerome, Becchio

If we do go up -

Bunn, Garrido, Turner, Cuellar, Jerome, Becchio, E.Bennet

[quote user="72season"]Dread to think the worst but if we don''t make it a few will want out , Johnson , ruddy , howson and probably Redmond are the only ones I would think are up to premier league standard .[/quote]By that reckoning then all the squad bar those four should be sold if we do go up, as they are not up to premier league standard . Which is a pile of old bollox to be honest.

I don''t understand why the unexpired length of a players contract has any bearing on the likelihood of his being sold. It may influence the price paid but if they are sought by a Premier league club, they will more than likely be off.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]You need to add Hooper and Olsson to that list. It''s a much better plan to win the next two matches.[/quote]

I''m sure there will be loads of interest for people clamoring for a guy that scored 1 SINGLE GOAL AGAINST A TEAM ABOVE THE BOTTOM 6.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]You need to add Hooper and Olsson to that list. It''s a much better plan to win the next two matches.[/quote]

I''m sure there will be loads of interest for people clamoring for a guy that scored 1 SINGLE GOAL AGAINST A TEAM ABOVE THE BOTTOM 6.

What a pathetic thread to read before a massive game for our club!

Knobhead!!