Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

R. Martin... "Now is the time for positivity"

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Wow somebody has a different opinion and gets jumped on a susual. I too agree mostly with MM on this one and just request that the squad all just get on with playing to their ability, give 100%, play for the shirt every week.... and then they will answer all the critics.....it really is as simple as that. I like Russell Martin, but he is playing victim just a tadge here imho.[/quote]

R.Martin spoke a little like this last season, but the responsibility relies with the players.  If they show indiscipline, if they show lack of desire, if they look like they''re playing for themselves, they will get negative responses from the crowd.  Its true of the manager too.  If he looks all at sea and not applying good tactics, subs etc, he will get negative responses. 

I''m all for being positive, but positivity needs a joint effort.   Fans will be positive if they think things are on the right track.  Players will be positive if they have a strong manager who knows what they are doing.  The trouble is that negativity, once set in, is hard to get out of.  So imo RM is right - we need everyone to be positive, but it doesn''t just happen on its own.  The players need to be seen to be giving that extra bit - and the fans will respond - as they always will. 

So I would say yes to what RM says, but I would add that the every player needs to show that extra bit of desire, character and discipline for the whole 90 minutes of every match.  Its the least fans expect to see from very well paid players who play for our club.  Do that and they will get the right response from the fans.

I dont like articles that are a veiled blame the media and the fans for being negative nature, even if its unintentional.

the last three games are a perfect summary of our season. The fans haves turned up week in week out to follow a good team and looking for a decent display but never sure which norwich city will appear; Is it the poor boro preston reading side arrogantly over confident, lacking, commitment concentration or responsibility or the team that looks imperious and the equal of any team in the league, as at bournemouth away or cardiff home first half. That we are top of the v top 8 league but only 7th in the table suggests a big game mentality was in place.

The lack of possibility arrives when the former is on show; that is Russ and his team losing the positive support of his supporters by underperforming only to retain their place.

We are well placed - thats down to just enough good days; bring some consistency, perform to the talent potential we clearly have, remember to concentrate for just 100 mins playing time for the day and the positivity from fans will become firmer - the team has to earn it.

Confident of a good display today and an improving defence. I will be there and positive. coyy

I think we need a helpline for the poor souls who feel abused and jumped all over on this thread. Im sorry that I can''t afford to fund it but don''t mind manning the phones for a few hours a couple ofafternoons each week.......

R. Martin.

Shut up and concentrate on your football. You are not having a good season. Look inwards first. Stop the veiled threats.

Martin needs the captaincy taken away from him and needs some time on the bench, he wasnt the only poor player today but he was BAD

Russel Martin wasn''t too bad today, he was also fantastic last week. He doesn''t need any time on the bench because you know who the alternative is.

Martin had a shocker today along with the remainder of the back 4, save for Olsson. No excuses - he was slow, looked disinterested and made to look pretty stupid at times by a far superior team.

Martin was as poor this week as he excelled last week.

His look of loss about what to do when ruddy asked for help to address the holes in front of him was stark.

Brentford ripped us apart down the flanks and from central midfield - Jota for me was superb and had the beating of olsson on demand. Olssons did not have a good game either.

I got called stupid a couple of weeks ago for daring to suggest that he wasn''t up to the job anymore and should be removed of his captaincy and removed from the team.

No leadership, no passion anymore and not up to the job on the pitch as a player. Who cares if he''s the model pro and drinks some sort of poncey tea with his health regime, he is no longer the player he has been and one of many that needs replacing!!

He created 2 of the 3 goals last week from his desire to get forward, he''s the most committed player we have on the books; does extra training, doesn''t drink and eats right, true professional. Although we all wish he had better leadership qualities, surely there are more worthy scapegoats you could try, having said that, Olsson had a good first half so it can''t be him.