Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Who else wants a play off final?

The last (and only) time I saw my team at Wemberlee I was 14 and although the result was great, it wasn''t the best game. (I was to young for ''75...defo too young for ''73).

Brum fan mates have told me they wouldn''t swap that cup win against Arsenal for anything, even though they are a struggling chaps side

Do we really want automatic promotion?

I for one would risk a day out at Wemberlee even if we had to do this all agin next season.

(imagine if if was that lot! :)

If the choice is rather than automatic promotion, then absolutely not, as a consolation and chance to get back up, then of course.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]

Do we really want automatic promotion? [/quote]

I know there''s still a few days left in the year but I''m declaring this 2014''s most stupid question.

The play-off final is something of a lottery.  Great if you win it, but as we found out in Cardiff, not if you lose it.  It may be a great occasion, but a match in the season that established automatic promotion, would be a far greater occasion.

Now we have Phelan an automatic promotion spot is nailed on, the only risk we face is that Adams tries to influence things in some way, if he continues to sit in his room with a paper bag on his head we are as good as up.

Bring it on! 😉

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="spencer 1970"]

I know there''s still a few days left in the year but I''m declaring this 2014''s most stupid question.

[/quote]of the decade more like

It depends if winning it is part of the deal? As long as we get up it shouldn''t really matter, but with the squad we have we really should be aiming for that top spot.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]The last (and only) time I saw my team at Wemberlee I was 14 and although the result was great, it wasn''t the best game. (I was to young for ''75...defo too young for ''73). [/quote]Looking back you didn''t miss a lot in ''73 and ''75. Both were poor games, particularly the ''75 effort which was a surprise as John Bond had us playing such attacking football. Everyone bangs on about what a great day out it is but it isn''t when you lose. That said I wouldn''t mind seeing us run out in another Cup final but not in the Play-Offs.There''s too much at stake.

its not daft to me...I don''t really enjoy getting totally outclassed most weeks and winning every 4th game at best in the Prem, so lets at least have a memorable day out before we become the cannon fodder.

oh dearthere is no ''before'', we could losememorable ? there are many of us who have nightmares about the play off final 2002 - certainly not a memorable daybut there are a fair few who''ve had memorable days at the top grounds in the country over the previous 3 seasons - and want more(and also had a memorable day/evening at Pompey 2011)so stuff your ever so ''umble whining where it belongs

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="spencer 1970"]

[/quote]

I don''t think we have any choice now. I''ll take the play offs now please.

City 1st, Cheer up old chap...''tis the season to be merry.

Why oh why is the demeanour on this board so "anti"? I remember why I don''t look at it too much any more.

All the best in 2015 folks...lets hope the regulars can lighten up a bit.

Bye.

I will have £10 with you Jenkins that NCFC do not get automatic promotion. They are far too off the pace for that, and indeed far off their own set management targets that now see us outside the top six by a win, and indeed needing two wins to consolidate such a position. We recently went ten games without winning and have lost again today. That form is far too inconsistent for any sort of promotion.

Who else wants a play off final?

After the next league match we could easily find ourselves 6 points outside the play off positions wth us facing bournmouth away. So yes I would love a play off final please!