Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Squad number confirmed...

You can certainly read between the lines if you want to on this, clearly will be a few more departures and a couple of key arrivals. Last years record signing demoted to a high squad number.......I would suggest that nobody gets his number and name on their new shirt!

[quote user="CJRV 2014"]Olsson needed an operation this summer on his shoulder i think it was, has caused him problems all season. Adams confirmed last month he hadnt had the op. Is that because hes on his way, and maybe couldnt sell him whilst recovering from an op because he wouldnt get through a medical. Surely if he was staying he would have had the op soon as the season ended.[/quote]

So what you are saying is Olsson is unsellable whilst recovering from an operation but is more sellable with a dodgey untreated shoulder injury ? [:^)] I would have thought he was more likely to pass a medical after the operation than before one.

Its more than just a number. Traditional thinking behind number 5 and number 9 is ''my main man''. Stripping bassong and rvw of these shirts is a massive slap in the face to them. If numbers were just a number then players wouldnt have been moved. Martin came out a couple of seasons ago and said he wanted to be a centre back, that he might even consider stating he gets considered at centreback or not at all. Him taking 5 moves him away from his Cafu persona and validates his ''Im a centreback'' agenda. The 20 and 30 shirts are deliberate snubs, no question. Its certainly a contentious piece of man-management

TIL 1010,

Depends on recovery time, if it is 4 months or more, then from his own personal point of view he would become less saleable, if he could play on without the op and he wants out, then he may choose to play on without it. My guess is he won''t be here next year.

Looks like we have a defender arriving then to fill that number 3 shirt then.

We do need one, but it is a full back number, was hoping we''d see a good centre back arrive.

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Looks like we have a defender arriving then to fill that number 3 shirt then. We do need one, but it is a full back number, was hoping we''d see a good centre back arrive.[/quote]

I think it is vacant because the first choice left back - Olsson - doesn''t want the number and is happy with 23.

Although I do know that Olsson hasn''t been at training so far.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="GrantsMoustache"]Looks like we have a defender arriving then to fill that number 3 shirt then. We do need one, but it is a full back number, was hoping we''d see a good centre back arrive.[/quote]

I think it is vacant because the first choice left back - Olsson - doesn''t want the number and is happy with 23.

[/quote]He did have an operation close season though didn''t he.  On his ankle if I remember correctly?

Its been some weeks since olsson had his op - not sure what the recovery timescales were as to whether it is normal or not but am assuiming thats why he has not trained.

On numbers any movement from existing numbers tells a story;  the key ones (2,5,9) dont tell a particularly reassuring (if expected) story.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]He did have an operation close season though didn''t he.  On his ankle if I remember correctly?[/quote]Shoulder?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]He did have an operation close season though didn''t he.  On his ankle if I remember correctly?[/quote]Shoulder?[/quote]Ah yes you''re right Morty.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]He did have an operation close season though didn''t he.  On his ankle if I remember correctly?[/quote]Shoulder?[/quote]Ah yes you''re right Morty.[/quote]Mate of mine has a shoulder operation recently to reattach some ligament and he says the pain took his breath away, and it took him nearly 3 months to get back to work. So it wouldn''t surprise me at all if Olsson isn''t training yet.

Morty,

I think you may find that he hasn''t had an op!!

[quote user="Ray"]Morty, I think you may find that he hasn''t had an op!![/quote]

There was that rather weird comment from Adams a while back about how Olsson hadn''t had the op, and he wasn''t sure when he was going to.

It looks to me now that RvW, like Bassong, said no when Adams asked if he wanted to stay and fight for promotion. I can see no other explanation for the number assignment. I hope Bath is right and that he does stay, but I fear that he wants away, whatever he is saying on Twitter. Is it significant that in the Pink''un photo at Colney, he is the only one who isn''t wearing the sports science gear on his shoulders?

I actually think that he has failed to fit in because his game doesn''t fit the players we have. Sadly I think that this will also be true this season. I seem to recall that CH said he would bring new midfielders in to help with that. Perhaps Fer was one, but even that wasn''t enough.

[quote user="Ray"]Morty, I think you may find that he hasn''t had an op!![/quote]

Interesting - I had understood he had been to hospital during may when an unexpected gap in the surgery times came up - if no op can only assume things were not as originally diagnosed?

[quote user="Ray"]Morty,

I think you may find that he hasn''t had an op!![/quote]Care to expand on that Ray?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Realised that Olsson isn''t there because international players are given a slightly longer break due to player games after the season finished.

Wes, Pilks and Lafferty all not there for the same reason.

[/quote]

Lafferty given time to sort out a place to live etc...

Wes, Pilks and Olsson played in friendlies mid may... its now July... Good bye and thank you chaps.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Realised that Olsson isn''t there because international players are given a slightly longer break due to player games after the season finished.

Wes, Pilks and Lafferty all not there for the same reason.

[/quote]

Lafferty given time to sort out a place to live etc...

Wes, Pilks and Olsson played in friendlies mid may... its now July... Good bye and thank you chaps.

[/quote]

International players who play in games post-season are always given an extra week off pre-season training. Clubs want to give players a decent amount of rest time to allow their bodies to recover.

Hi Morty,

See my post on Page 3, it explains all.