Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

Vote: Message board player of the season

Some good arguments for quite a few players on here so far, but in reality it comes down to these three: Hux, Leon & Greeno.  In reverse order, for me, this is how it should be:

3. Greeno - despite his ''dip'' in form, most neutrals still acknowledge him as one of the best keepers in the Premiership - we just expect more from him because we know what he is capable of.  He also deserves some recognition for putting up with THAT ''defence''* for most of the season!! (* I use the word ''defence'', but at times that has been debatable)

2. Leon - very, very close for me, and could yet do enough over the last few games to win it, if he scores more goals that keep us up.  His workrate, effort and enthusiasm are second to none at this football club, if only more of our players were like him we might have been safe weeks ago.  Yes, he maybe lacks a bit of ability, but has shown the willingness to learn and improve that I believe will make him a Norwich City legend in the fullness of time,

1. Hux - what can you say?  Played far more games than I would have anticipated judging by the number of crude tackles on him, and always instrumental in anything good we do as an attacking force.  Scored his fair share too, IMO, as a left winger.  Just ask yourself where we would have been without him......deserves the accolade for being a true professional and happy with his lot (or at least appearing happy here).

I''m sure some may disagree, and worthy (no pun intended) mentions must go to Drury, Safri and Ashton - Drury for his return to form having been dropped, Safri for his late impact to the team and Ashton, well that''s obvious, but not least for the impact he has had on Leon.

"Apologies Ou Est ? ,As I wasn''t standing next to you at the time I wouldn''t have heard him say that would I ? But he still gets my vote whether complaining exclusively to you or not".

Sorry, i wasn''t trying to correct you or anything, apologies if it sounded like that. I agree though, Shacks has been a revelation since braking into the team and been a major part of our revival of recent weeks. As i said, he complained to us, but credit to him for not coming out in public and complaining.

Ashton for me. Without him, i doubt we''ll even be still sh*tting our pants with 3 games to go. He''s breathed new life throughout the whole team, has brought the best out of Leon.

Just having him in the team gives me confidence every game we play. The boys is going to be a City legend, and for this, even though he''s only played part of the season, he get''s my vote.

Hucks a very very close second though. Tremendous effort, but not always consistent witht the final product.

Can we vote for the Fans, seeing as though we have a squad number? Number 4 in the list for travelling away fans, and sold out every home game. Now that''s a consistently brilliant perfonrmance. 

Has to Ashton for me. He has balanced the team and taken the pressure of Hux and Leon.  He holds the ball up well which allows the midfield to catch up, Leon has started scoring and we''d be down now without him.  I can''t remember a Norwich player as good in the air as him and looking at how good he is for us, it is amazing that a big Northern club didn''t come in for him. Everton bought Beattie for example, money well spent I don''t think!  Thankyou Delia.

wow, i think overall summing up most peoples votes;

Darren Huckerby is going to be a clear winner!

Huckerby for me too. Deano has truly galvanised the team now he has settled but we have to look at things over the entire season and Hux has been our only spark during the darker periods. Leon has learnt well but looks effective only now that Deano is here. Francis too often goes AWOL to be a contender in my book and Green has had some problems too when he lost confidence in the defence. Darren missed out last year, he should get something this time around.

[quote]Huckerby for me too. Deano has truly galvanised the team now he has settled but we have to look at things over the entire season and Hux has been our only spark during the darker periods. Leon has lea...[/quote]

I totally agree. Hucks should have won it last year and has to win it this year.

I just feel that some people just don''t appreciate the stuff Darren does. Ignoring the fact that opposing defenders s*** bricks whenever he has the ball and also the fact that he has either scored or set up nearly every single Norwich goal this season - the fact that he has to have two or three defenders on him at all time free''s up Ashton, Leon and the midfield. He works tirelessly every game, he''s the most fouled player in the Premiership and he''s 100% committed to this football club. He has to win it.

If its Player Of The SEASON then for me its Hucks or Leon.

I wear the name of Hucks on my back, but for sheer commitment and never die attitude I would vote for Leon.

Leon?? Are you on drugs or something?? Alright he has come into a bit of form now but for the first 25 games or so of the season he was crap. Ill say it once and ill say it again the guys a headless chicken, all the energy but no quality.

For me its either Francis, Green or Huckerby.

Id probably go with Green.

These always tend to pan out as bi-annual things as far as fans are concerned, so - based 60% on this season and 40% on last season - I''d have to go for Darren Huckerby. For his tireless commitment and ability to be central to the team''s performance wherever he''s forced to play on the pitch.

1. Hucks
2. Greeno
3. Leon
4. Damo
5. Deano (only had half a season to be fair!)