Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

If you buy a pair of jeans for £50

[quote user="Le Juge"]And a couple of weeks later after a few wears and a wash you are deeply unhappy with the quality of the material, perhaps a bit of the stitching becomes lose too.

Are you entitled to express your disappointment at the customer experience, or are you expected to pipe down because you don''t have a batchelors degree in textile design and haven''t got ten years experience working in a sweat shop stitching things together?

I''d say that it is your money, and if you weren''t suitably impressed, then you should make as much noise as you want about how you were unhappy at the quality of the product and the workmanship, and would promise to yourself that you would not buy that brand again.

So why is it that if somebody pays £50 for a football ticket and are deeply unhappy with the customer experience, you are expected by some to pipe down and not express your disappointment because you don''t have a UEFA pro license or 10 years experience putting together football teams?[/quote]

wow sad

[quote user="Le Juge"]And a couple of weeks later after a few wears and a wash you are deeply unhappy with the quality of the material, perhaps a bit of the stitching becomes lose too.

Are you entitled to express your disappointment at the customer experience, or are you expected to pipe down because you don''t have a batchelors degree in textile design and haven''t got ten years experience working in a sweat shop stitching things together?

I''d say that it is your money, and if you weren''t suitably impressed, then you should make as much noise as you want about how you were unhappy at the quality of the product and the workmanship, and would promise to yourself that you would not buy that brand again.

So why is it that if somebody pays £50 for a football ticket and are deeply unhappy with the customer experience, you are expected by some to pipe down and not express your disappointment because you don''t have a UEFA pro license or 10 years experience putting together football teams?[/quote]A sensible man would ask you why you continue to patronise this shop if you are so unhappy with the service.The easy option is to try another shop.Or wear shorts.[:D]

For me their is only one shop, and this is why I continue to patronise.

Games leave me very frustrated these days. My heart is with Hughton as manager of the club I love, my head tells me something needs to change.

I wrestle with this conflict, in my head mostly, but I am interested in the opinion of others on here. It is an interesting debate to be had and it saddens me to see one fan ridiculed for saying what is in my head and another ridiculed for saying what is in my heart.

Le Juge,

Nothing and no-one can irritate you because in and of themselves they have no meaning other than that you choose to give it/them.

In other words you decide how you want to feel about something/someone, rather than the something/someone deciding how you are going to feel; e.g. I could say something like, "this chair is pi**ing me off", well of course it can''t but I can pi** myself off by the fact it wobbles.

So rushing to the bottom line here, if you accept this then you also take full personal responsibility for your feelings (whatever they are) and it is likely you will exercise your walk away power more easily and frequently, allowing you to walk away from others such as Ginger Pele, the same applies to Ginger Pele too of course.

And to clarify a point; I am not taking sides here, simply hoping that I may help reducer some of the judgementality I see on this board.

Sometimes I forget on here that we are supposedly support the same team....

Are other forums this divided with fans of the same supporting team against each other? - Just seems unnatural!

"SeattleCanary"

Are other forums this divided with fans of the same supporting team against each other? - Just seems unnatural!

I think it''s the same everywhere. I looked on a Barnsley forum to check on Fox. Lots of infighting. Go onto a Villa forum. The same. Although they are slowly uniting against the "Messiah".

Spurs fans were the same about AVB.

Football fans! Who''d be one?!

[quote user="Herman "]"SeattleCanary"

I think it''s the same everywhere. I looked on a Barnsley forum to check on Fox. Lots of infighting. Go onto a Villa forum. The same. Although they are slowly uniting against the "Messiah".

Spurs fans were the same about AVB.

Football fans! Who''d be one?![/quote]
So true Herman. I feel we all deserve a wage each purely for having to deal with all the stress! It truly is a roller coaster ride.

Yes but roller coasters are much more fun than trains. Especially if you''re looking good in your £50 jeans.

Am I still on topic or have I lost the plot? We''re talking about Hughton, right? Give me Casey Jones!

If you have a nice pair of jeans that you still wear every now and again, and Villa offer you a fiver for them, what do you do ?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]If you have a nice pair of jeans that you still wear every now and again, and Villa offer you a fiver for them, what do you do ?[/quote][:D]

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]If you have a nice pair of jeans that you still wear every now and again, and Villa offer you a fiver for them, what do you do ?[/quote]But if your jeans are wearing thin, you''d be mad not to look for another pair before the ar$e falls out.

Why the talk of football ''fans'' (it''s short for fanatic) or ''supporters'' on this thread? By his own preference the OP is primarily an entertainment ''customer'' or ''consumer'' who chooses to associate himself with a particular club.

Nothing wrong with that per se, it''s just that it gets confusing when the concepts are mistakenly interchanged.