Sign in to follow this  
lord montyjones

How many on here need a leg up to get back on the fence ?

Can one person on this forum, hand on heart say we deserved the win? we were awful, same old mistakes, defending way to deep and got very lucky. Look at the stats..

When his job is on the line, he attacks, but as soon as we get a lead it''s the same old negative Norwich. This is the best squad we''ve ever had, but they are playing with one hand tied around their balls.

On another day we would have conceded five (again)

Couldn''t fault the work rate today - it was our turn for a bit of good fortune - on another day West Brom could have scored 4 or 5 - bit like our game with Cardiff when we should have taken a couple of our many chances. Hopefully this will build some confidence as Swansea will be a tough game next Sunday.

Just a quick reminder.. Think it needs to be pointed out again...

We''re Norwich City, not Man Utd (although we''re not far off at the moment). An away victory is not to be sniffed at in this league, regardless of how it comes about.

I know this makes me a ''happy clapper'', because I should be expecting victories whilst playing like Barcelona, but I''m happy none the less.

Well done Hughton. Well done the boys :)

"Can one person on this forum, hand on heart say we deserved the win?"

We deserved to win about as much as Villa deserved to win at Carrow Road, and about as much as Cardiff deserved a point at Carrow Road.

In both cases we outplayed those teams for most of the game but didn''t bury our chances. Today it was our turn to bury our chances and ride our luck.

I will take it, about time luck was on our side.

Not yet for me. Really pleased with the 3 points today and if we were to add 3 more against Swansea then I may be tempted to get some splinters in my back side!

I''m climbing back on the fence. Not just because of the result but how we got the result. The formation and tactics were spot on. Ok the second half wasn''t great and we rode our luck but it showed that we do have the team to win away.

Hopefully we can now string some good results together against Swansea and Sunderland and then I can start getting off the fence this time on the other side.

[quote user="Brightside"]I''m climbing back on the fence. Not just because of the result but how we got the result. The formation and tactics were spot on. Ok the second half wasn''t great and we rode our luck but it showed that we do have the team to win away.

Hopefully we can now string some good results together against Swansea and Sunderland and then I can start getting off the fence this time on the other side.[/quote]I have never doubted that we have the team to get the wins- that''s my problem with Hughton- we don''t seem to have any organisation and there is a huge amount of luck riding involved in the points we get.It''s not that I miss Lambert before anyone starts that tired tune- it''s that I don''t believe Hughton can take us anywhere.

It''s bizarre Yellow shirt! We have had some real hidings but if you look at the table we have 17 points from 15 games with a few mouth watering fixtures coming up. We went looking for a win today, players looked really motivated and gave it everything. Jonno has rewarded CH with another good performance, bringing Murphy on showed good intent and a desire to give us an outlet and go forward, tactically it was good.That result will give them huge confidence, long may it continue.

Hughton has got a long way to go to prove to me he is a good enough manager for Norwich City but I''d take success over my opinion any day and tonight he and the team deserve fulsome praise for a great away win and particularly a great response.

What happened for him today was we got the first goal and so his tactics remained intact for longer.

In recent games poor player performances lost early goals and then Chris is in trouble? He has to change things in game time and he struggles with that.

Today that wasn''t the case until the second half and he got away without responding to West Brom''s tactical changes as they missed chances. In other words his indecisiveness continued but today the opposition were profligate.

But this was a huge win which, if followed up by beating Swansea, will put us in a great position on 20 points well before half way.

Apparently Chris has a wardrobe full of only white shirts, yellow ties, dark suits and dark grey sweaters. That way he gets to work on time because there isn''t a decision to make on what to wear.

[quote user="Vanwink"]It''s bizarre Yellow shirt! We have had some real hidings but if you look at the table we have 17 points from 15 games with a few mouth watering fixtures coming up. We went looking for a win today, players looked really motivated and gave it everything. Jonno has rewarded CH with another good performance, bringing Murphy on showed good intent and a desire to give us an outlet and go forward, tactically it was good.That result will give them huge confidence, long may it continue.[/quote]I just don''t seem to be seeing the same performances as some people.As for: "That result will give them huge confidence, long may it continue." bang on sir- totally agree with that bit!

[quote user="Marc Libbra''s haircut"]To be fair mate your holier then thou attitude stinks just as bad.[/quote

Who is holier? Stinks as bad as what?