Sign in to follow this  
Canary Willo

Van Ginkel

I have been looking for finnish Chelsea forums and they dont even speak about van Ginkel there. Schurrle seams more like done deal for them and they speak about KvB coming back and he is definently at the moment better than Ginkel. So both Marin and Lampard are "covered".

I call agent talks here ^^ I say we definently have good chance if we go after him, but I''m not really so sure we really are after him and he wouldnt probably go straight to starting eleven, but definently would develope to be great asset.

And what comes to Marin he plays left winger in Chelsea, but in German he was more comfortable in central positions as attacking middlefielder or shadow striker.

There''s talk of him needing development presumably because he is only 20 years old. He has, however, played 128 games over the last four seasons with 93 of those being in the Dutch first division, scoring 21 goals and making 17 assists. This last season (his most successful) he has played almost all his games in a central midfield role, and is, by all accounts, the complete package.

I''m surprised that no-one has said he only plays in a rubbish league no better than the Scots Prem!!! Would be a top draw signing & a real statement of intent.

He would suit perfectly in a free flow football, but Premier League is quite far from it. In spanish middle class La Liga team he certainly would be a starter.

In Premier League that is set to see. He is still very raw and needs to beef up a bit to be a really complete package.

And this isnt something I have decided it to be, but something that for example Van Gaal has stated.

I dont know how many of you have watched EC U21 but he had hard time to win 1 vs 1 battles against German youth team. How he would then win those battles against ugly men of Stoke etc? ^^

Anyway I''m totaly up for signing him and would be overjoyed to get him, but I just think people are now over hyping a talented kid and will be a bit disappointed if he wont start every game and wont be a game changer for us.

[quote user="Lavanche"]And what comes to Marin he plays left winger in Chelsea, but in German he was more comfortable in central positions as attacking middlefielder or shadow striker.[/quote]Exactly.He''s best suited to the hole role that Wes currently occupies IMHO, and particularly if we''re going with RVW and someone playing off him, Marin would be ideal.He can also sit further back and play the ball around, not to mention being able to cover the wings if need be.An absolute no-brainer assuming he is interested in a move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyCd5jxAJKs

1.35 - this is what i imagine Wiz to look like

Got a dream headline of "Norwich tie up £20m double deal for Bony and Van ginkel" how amazing would that be!

I think a key point people haven''t picked up on yet is Chelsea have always had a close relationship with Vitesse, with quite a few of Chelsea''s young players going there on loan in the past. Could work in their favour.

A lot of Chelsea''s young players have gone on loan to Vitesse in the past. Kalas, Van Aanholt, Delac, Davila to name 4, so it''s clear Chelsea and Vitesse have a good, close working relationship. Could that work in Chelsea''s favour if both us and them put in bids for Van Ginkel?

Chelsea have historically loaned players to Vitesse, earlier this season Patrick van Aanholt, Gael Kakuta and Tomas Kala were regular players for the Dutch side.

Chelsea are favourites by a mile if they want him, although I suspect they have 3 or 4 much bigger fish to fry which may be in our favour if we are seriously interested

No if we match the evaluation it will make no difference.

I do not think Chelsea will look at him if I am honest Jose will have his plan and I think there are some big priority areas Oscar, hazard will come into there own next year.

I think a lot of players/ agents are aware of the route to top clubs by being the big fish in small ponds rather than joining a club who have a squad of superstars and then to playing.

As always release clauses can be built in to contracts.

I think we would be in a strong position.

Sorry. I misread you earlier post - thought you said that it was in OUR favour. Hence my confusion.

Regardless, its something I hadn''t considered. Thanks!

I don''t think its controversial to say that its impossible to predict, isn''t it?

Genuinely can''t work out what kind of player we''re going for. Exciting... but bloody frustrating.

Please, make a signing, Norwich. Give us a clue!

Agreed, Yellow. But I''m just not articulate enough to communicate how in the dark we are.

Perhaps, Frank Drebin in the Naked Gun films puts it best:-

"Like a blind man in an orgy, I was going to have to feel things out".

I saw that Van Ginkel mentioned how he was ''flattered to be linked with Chelsea'' yesterday - which doesn''t really tell us anything but does suggest it isn''t a done deal as some Dutch media were reporting it.

Also, I see many people are comparing him to Wes or saying he is an attacking midfielder, whilst that has been true for most of the season at Vitesse it now appears he is seen as more suited to a role in a double pivot - this is certainly where he has been playing and impressing alongside Strootman at the U21s in Israel.

For what it is worth, I heard something that is slightly related to this matter over the weekend.

Chelsea are interesting in signing Kevin Prince Boateng from Milan and media in Italy say there has been a meeting with his agent - seeing as he plays a very similar role to Van Ginkel this might mean that deal is off/never existed. There is, as Militant Canary mentioned, the ''Jose effect'' - whilst both he and Emenalo have said they are happy to work together, I wouldn''t be surprised if the Mourinho appointment changed Chelsea''s transfer targets (Jose doesn''t usually go for ''up-and-coming'' players, but prefers instant success).

Anyway, what I will say on the matter is that with Van Ginkel having played very well in Holland''s first two games at the U21s he is going to be attracting a lot of attention, this certainly isn''t a battle between Norwich and Chelsea (if either of these two clubs are really involved) - for £8m there will be lots of teams from the Premier League and Germany interested in this guy. Norwich''s chance of signing him (if they ever wanted to or if the chance ever existed) has probably disappeared already. And before anyone says ''RvW signed for Norwich, so he might'' - RvW had two choices, sign for Norwich or stay at Sporting, if Chelsea had made an offer I doubt RvW would have choosen Norwich.

Bethnal,As ever a very sensible post from you, but I would take issue with your view about JM and up and coming players - namely Raphael Varane.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Bethnal,

As ever a very sensible post from you, but I would take issue with your view about JM and up and coming players - namely Raphael Varane.

[/quote]

Signed by Zidane - Mourinho didn''t have full control of transfers at Real Madrid and Varane was choosen for him. Some Real fans might accuse Carvalho for a little too long and didn''t bring in the excellent Varane quick enough.

Just seen it reported that Emenalo has offered to resign - suggesting the fun and games over transfers has already begun at Chelsea.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Bethnal,

As ever a very sensible post from you, but I would take issue with your view about JM and up and coming players - namely Raphael Varane.

[/quote]

Signed by Zidane - Mourinho didn''t have full control of transfers at Real Madrid and Varane was choosen for him. Some Real fans might accuse Jose of playing Carvalho for a little too long and didn''t bring in the excellent Varane quick enough.

Just seen it reported that Emenalo has offered to resign - suggesting the fun and games over transfers has already begun at Chelsea.

[/quote]

Bethnal,

Varane is going to be one hell of a player in the next few years.

Chelsea is going to be a powder keg no doubt. I think the most galling thing

about them, and to a less extent Man City, is how they hoover up young talent

(which they see as a way of lessening dependence on big money transfers) yet

never give them a chance because there is always a big money transfer around

the corner. As an example, many wise judges of a player believe that Courtois

is already at the level of Cech and that he is only going to get better. Chelsea

have shifted on both reserve goalkeepers, so it will be a real test for JM

whether he brings Courtois in from Madrid to compete with Cech.

At the end of the day, the big clubs can only have 25 men squad and they cant

with us in a world cup year and the chance to be in the shop window for say

just a year has got to be better than being just a League Cup player for

Chelsea. Let''s just hope that Ewan Chester has being doing his homework and

using the six months since the last window to unearth some diamonds. We simply can’t

afford to get into a last minute auction situation close to the window this

time around.

Louis Cyphre wrote - "At the end of the day, the big clubs can only have 25 men squad and they cant sign up every talented player on the globe. "

They can if they are under 21.

Joanna wrote - "They can if they are under 21."

As long as they''ve been signed at a club in England or Wales for 36 months.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Joanna wrote - "They can if they are under 21." As long as they''ve been signed at a club in England or Wales for 36 months.[/quote]

I think that only applies for European competition (which in Chelsea''s case is of course very valid) but not for the Premier League.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Anyway, what I will say on the matter is that with Van Ginkel having played very well in Holland''s first two games at the U21s he is going to be attracting a lot of attention, this certainly isn''t a battle between Norwich and Chelsea (if either of these two clubs are really involved) - for £8m there will be lots of teams from the Premier League and Germany interested in this guy. Norwich''s chance of signing him (if they ever wanted to or if the chance ever existed) has probably disappeared already. And before anyone says ''RvW signed for Norwich, so he might'' - RvW had two choices, sign for Norwich or stay at Sporting, if Chelsea had made an offer I doubt RvW would have choosen Norwich.

[/quote]Really? I watched him against Germany and thought he was totally dominated by the German midfield. I''m sure he is better than that, but on that basis I can see other players in the Dutch team who would have attracted attention.

He is a signing I would love us to have. I do agree though that the possibility of us getting him seems to be diminishing by the day. I don''t agree the RVW  had a choice of us or Sporting Lisbon. With his strike rate he would have had many suitors in Europe and WBA were supposed to be interested if we had got relegated. As for Van Ginkel I think if he was coming here it would have been sorted by now, but we can always hope

Really, Bethnal? I thought that any u21 had to have been at a club for 36 months (ie three seasons) to meet the requirement. So Fabregas was fine as he''d been with Arsenal since early teens.