Sign in to follow this  
Foghorn

Jacko

Looks like Jacko will have no problem finding a new club. Millwall have come out openly and said they want him, but expect to face opposition from another ten or so clubs. They also said they were surprised we let him go.

He was never going to be Prem standard but I am surprised he was not sold rather than released, goes to show that these days wages are more important than fee''s

I don''t think uproot trees in championship. It has got better each year since we went up.

He''ll do a good job, but really never delivered here, yes he had hustle but quality in front of goal was limited. Pleased he has gone as we need much better now.

Plenty still in our squad who I hope realise this too and do an Andrew crofts, look got play more at another club. I admire crofts a great deal, he made a decision that playing was critical to him. He knew at cr it was getting less and less and instead of picking up his wages and luxuries of being a prem squad player went out to play. Few players in our team should take note as they are not of the level of player that we need right now.

[quote user="smooth"]I don''t think uproot trees in championship. It has got better each year since we went up.

He''ll do a good job, but really never delivered here, yes he had hustle but quality in front of goal was limited. Pleased he has gone as we need much better now.

Plenty still in our squad who I hope realise this too and do an Andrew crofts, look got play more at another club. I admire crofts a great deal, he made a decision that playing was critical to him. He knew at cr it was getting less and less and instead of picking up his wages and luxuries of being a prem squad player went out to play. Few players in our team should take note as they are not of the level of player that we need right now.[/quote]

Disagree. He''d score a bucket load in the championship. Having said that I can see wolves snapping him up, and that could be a very good move for jacko on a 3/4 deal. Wolves are very likely to do a "Norwich" IMO and get 2 successive promotions.

[quote user="Hog"]He was never going to be Prem standard but I am surprised he was not sold rather than released, goes to show that these days wages are more important than fee''s[/quote]

I think it also shows he was a valued member of the squad and was needed right up to the end of the season, even if it was just as back up.

Surely he could get a better move. I think a move to n.forest or a team pushing top 6 would want him. I think dropping down to league 1 with wolves would be a better move. Defo dead certs to go up under kenny jackett.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Disagree. He''d score a bucket load in the championship.[/quote]You mean like that 17 game run with us in the Championship where he scored a massive ZERO goals...If it hadn''t been for that purple patch at the end of the season (including a late hat-trick against an awful Scunny team who were already 3 down), that season would have been rightly seen as disastrous for him.Mid-table Champ player at his very best (although still only likely to just about hit double figures), but in truth he suits League 1 or somewhere like the MLS/Canada...

Indy spot on

Gills fans said it when he arrived... He needs 3 great chances to score 1. For me he proved it.

The arsenal 3-3 game where Morison scored a great 3 rd goal was exactly the Same chance that Jackson fluffed.

He showed great ability in the champ season with a wonderful strike at home against Swansea from a holty cross, but lambert cleverly brought a misfiring Jackson on at the end of march against a beaten scummy with old man Michael Nielsen in defence and jacko scored a hat trick. From them a run of goals and that was really it.

I ain''t going to miss him as we will bring in better players, scored goals at the critical time, but players such as Lansbury and Pacheco brought in as much that season as jackos little run through April.

Wish him well, but looking forward to us bringing in quality 3 seasons on good money at cr and not a lot to show for it. A squad player who had hustle. Thank god we are getting game winners as 3 points is more important than hustle now that we have been in this league a few seasons

Unfortunately Simeon will not have that many Championship clubs clambering for his signature.

Like so many of our other players, who seem to improve by not playing, he has been overrated by too many of our supporters.

Good luck to him though.

You always remember players performances in the big games, and I think people forget just how good his hat-trick against Derby was, especially that second goal. Derby played really well that day, and we really struggled to break them down (thanks to Mr Bellamy and his £30,000)Jackson''s problem (like Defoe''s and a few others) is that he doesn''t offer a lot beside goals. Since he has neither the physical strength to lead the line, nor the ability to hold the ball and link up play, he has to play as a second striker."Won''t have many clubs clambering" ?!?!?!?! For starters he''s free, which massively helps, and secondly Lomas has already said a ton of other clubs are interested. Granted he wasn''t Premiership class, but he''ll definitely be looking for a play-off team at worst.

[quote user="Foghorn"]Looks like Jacko will have no problem finding a new club. Millwall have come out openly and said they want him, but expect to face opposition from another ten or so clubs. They also said they were surprised we let him go.[/quote]I too was a little surprised he was released and not without a fee. I was sad to see him go and still firmly believe he could do a job for us as a squad player!  For minutes played and goals scored his ratio was not bad and probably fared better in comparison to our other strikers. He will go down in our folklore as a player who stepped up to the plate and showed pure class in the remaining games left in our promotional season back into the top flight. Scoring goals in abundance while the rest of the team players were starting to wobble and lack composure!  In today''s game he is a model professional and although I don''t know him personally he displays qualities which unfortunately are not as common with the prima donnas of today. Who are chasing higher wages and threatening to re-write the very same contracts they were happy to sign because they have delusions of grandeur! Threatening to turn their backs on their club and fans who have shown absolute loyalty and respect towards them because their  ego''s are by far eclipsing their talent!  I would like to thank you Simeon for being a breath of fresh air into our club and applaud you in helping to maintain the high standards of dignity and respect which bestow our great family club.

He deserves to find a place because he has always been a whole-hearted player for us, and used his pace to good effect. He took his long absences from the first team with good grace, and seems to have been a model member of the squad.

I am not quite sure what his natural level is. I think not Premiership, and I sometimes felt that although he scored some important goals for us in the Championship he did not score as many as I expected. This may be due to the fact that we never really exploited his pace as we ought to have done.

He disappointed in "one-on-one" situations, and he did not seem to possess a powerful shot from distance. His real ability was his pace to score goals from close in, - possibly even the majority of his goals. This was not the case in the videos of goals scored in the lower divisions where, perhaps, his pace gave him a greater advantage.

But wherever he goes, I''m sure that our good wishes go with him,( unless his new team play against us, of course.)