Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Best Non UK Player?

The rumours about Ricky Van Wolfswinkel are currently going into overdrive. This got me thinking that we don''t have a distinguished track record of getting players from overseas traditionally. From the disastrous signings of Bryan Hamilton to the Premier League flops under Nigel Worthington.

So amongst some of the dross who is your top non UK Canary? To get the ball rolling my nominations are Wesley, Bass or Steen Nedergaard from a few years back.

Steeno is definitely my top choice too, one of our best ever full backs, and who can forget that wonder goal he scored from just inside their half at Carrow Road?!

I think Jackson on the whole has been a pretty good signing, and scored the iconic goal that guaranteed us Premiership football.

Bassong has to be up there too.

I could never fully decide on Jim Brennan, had good and bad moments

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I liked Matty Svensson.[/quote]He was a bit of a cult player for me- the fact he almost always jumped too early for every header but would confuse the defender into jumping at the same time and the ball would bounce onwards.

Just remember Fuglestad for his penalty in that shoot out against Bolton. That is probably still in orbit somewhere.

Forgot about Safri, what a legend! And I did always have a soft spot for Svensson, a weird player, but scored some good goals for us during his time here.

Will always remember Pape Diop very fondly. You never sure whether he was going to trip over his own feet or dribble the whole pitch. I don''t think he knew either! He also had a "special" relationship with the QPR supporters. In fact didn''t that led to him being deported?!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Keelan Indian born but eligible for England I thought?[/quote]

You are right Zipper, I just thought i''d throw it out there to see what people''s definition of ''Non UK'' was! I believe Keelan was born in at a time when India was still part of the British empire.

Am I the only person who liked Cedric Anselin?!?

Even I don''t really know why but just always seemed a whole hearted decent player, also use to enjoy singing his name.

Funny how some players just appeal to certain fans

Anselin and de Blassis.

Both helped to light up the team in their own way. Feel sorry for both as injury seemed to have a hand in the end of their time with us.

I remember watching de Blassis away at Bolton. Their player nursed him, he chased back, won the ball and then later on nursed they guy twice in a row. A very solid left full back, good going forward too.

Anselin was probably more consist ant than Mulryan. Creative and quite strong even if a bit small. Still in the area isn''t he?