Sign in to follow this  
flying high up in the sky!

How high can we climb?

With the relegation almost sorted ie qpr and reading pretty much down and one from villa Wigan or Sunderland to go or even west ham (glad we ain''t in that mix!!!) and the top 6 done and dusted was wondering how high in mid table we could finish this season? Was thinking if we really push on from here it will still be possible for a 8th to 10th position but more realistically will be about 12th again. Just glad we have had such a good season and haven''t got to worry about getting dragged down. Otbc.

"flying high up in the sky!" With the relegation almost sorted ie qpr and reading pretty much down and one from villa Wigan or Sunderland to go or even west ham (glad we ain''t in that mix!!!) and the top 6 done and dusted was wondering how high in mid table we could finish this season? Was thinking if we really push on from here it will still be possible for a 8th to 10th position but more realistically will be about 12th again. Just glad we have had such a good season and haven''t got to worry about getting dragged down. Otbc.

I worry about our fans sometimes.   We are one defeat away from being in a group four points above the drop zone.   That is not relegation "almost sorted".   That is a very real threat as we would go into the last seven games.    I expect us to have enough to pull clear, but the danger is there, whether people like to think about it or not.   We need to win at Wigan to relieve any remaining pressure and then we can start to celebrate and look up the table.   Lose and we are right down amongst the clubs fighting to stay away from that eighteenth place. This is not a negative view, simply being realistic.  

paraphrasing, " i worry about our fans sometimes. we are one win away from being in the top half of the PL. that is safety sorted ". and iv''e climbed to the grand.

[quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]"flying high up in the sky!" With the relegation almost sorted ie qpr and reading pretty much down and one from villa Wigan or Sunderland to go or even west ham (glad we ain''t in that mix!!!) and the top 6 done and dusted was wondering how high in mid table we could finish this season? Was thinking if we really push on from here it will still be possible for a 8th to 10th position but more realistically will be about 12th again. Just glad we have had such a good season and haven''t got to worry about getting dragged down. Otbc.

I worry about our fans sometimes.   We are one defeat away from being in a group four points above the drop zone.   That is not relegation "almost sorted".   That is a very real threat as we would go into the last seven games.    I expect us to have enough to pull clear, but the danger is there, whether people like to think about it or not.   We need to win at Wigan to relieve any remaining pressure and then we can start to celebrate and look up the table.   Lose and we are right down amongst the clubs fighting to stay away from that eighteenth place. This is not a negative view, simply being realistic.  

[/quote]Please go away and take your negativity elsewhere.  Every single time you post it''s NEGATIVE.

If we could find the way to score more goals, we could finish comfortably mid-table. I fear that otherwise we shall finish high enough, say 13th-15th, to look forward to next season.

Why are we not scoring many? I wonder if CH knows. It may be our concentration on defence, and with it our lack of creativity in the midfield, and it may be scorers who are just converting enough chances. Whatever the reason, it is difficult to see much changing before the end of the season. So, it''s back to the wall, chaps! I think that we may see several tight games, draws and single goal victories.

how high can we climb ?

If we win 6 of our remaining 8 games

and results go in our way

we''ll sneak into europe !

How high, well on track record we will finish where we are now! Happy with that for this season, next year I would like a top 10 finish, but so will Fulham, Stoke, Swansea, West Ham, Newcastle and West Brom to name a few fighting for three places as Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man U, ManCity, Arsenal and Spuds will take the top 7 again next year.

I think it''s too easy to get carried away with position rather than a good solid campaign, I would reather that we sat in the top 12 and never lower than 14th next year, comfortably safe by March.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Ha ya got a loight boy"]"flying high up in the sky!" With the relegation almost sorted ie qpr and reading pretty much down and one from villa Wigan or Sunderland to go or even west ham (glad we ain''t in that mix!!!) and the top 6 done and dusted was wondering how high in mid table we could finish this season? Was thinking if we really push on from here it will still be possible for a 8th to 10th position but more realistically will be about 12th again. Just glad we have had such a good season and haven''t got to worry about getting dragged down. Otbc.

[/quote]Please go away and take your negativity elsewhere.  Every single time you post it''s NEGATIVE.[/quote]

There is nothing negative about my post!!!!!!  Its simply realistic.    If you can''t take it that''s your problem, not mine.   We are twelfth and could go higher, but the opposite is also true.        Have I said we''re going down?  No, if you read my post properly you will see I said that I expect us to have enough to pull clear. It is simply that there is work to be done and we are not there yet.   If you can''t see that, then perhaps its you that should go elsewhere. 

" It is simply that there is work to be done and we are not there yet"

And therein somes up your grovellin and misleading approach.

Firstly this ''not there yet''. What is ''there''. A snivellin ever so umble 17th place. If that by some magic was now guaranteed the cop doffers such as yourself would say we are ''there''. There because that ius the limit of our ambition, to be allowed to remain in this league as long as we don''t make a noise, don''t try and challenge the rest. No, sit it the corner wringing our little ole norwich cap.

Secondly your constant misleading of the views of the rest of the fans. That we feel it is all over, based on your cretinous belief in this embarrassing gutter crawling 17th place is good enough for us.

The reality, the true reality, is that we have 9 games left. We are closer to 9th place than 18th place. Finishing in 9th place would earn us an around an extra £6.5m. We lose around £800,000 for every place we finish below 9th place. Of course, IF we lose all of those remaining games there is a possibility we will be relegated - and if we win all those remaining games there is a possibility that we could qualify for a European place. The probability is that we will fall somewhere between those two possibilities.

So why not stop bleating constantly about the worse case scenario as if no one else is aware of it ? Why not continue the same desire and hunger that hauled us off our sorry ar ses (and bottom of the third tier) up through two tables in two seasons and saw us finish in acredible mid table spot ?

You remind of that whinging old bar stard who used to stand near me in the Barclay way back who bemoaned every chance of success we had. Why try to win a semi final as we are bound to lose the final, was his watchword. Yes, why indeed ? Why bother to support your club, and why not have us still at the bottom of League 1, in fact League 2 would be even better then you can moan your little heart out at the club, the board, the managers for not having ''hambition'' ........because guess what ? When they do, you will be on here moaning that "it ain''t for the like of hus guv''nor".

[quote user="City1st"]

" It is simply that there is work to be done and we are not there yet"

And therein somes up your grovellin and misleading approach.  Firstly this ''not there yet''. What is ''there''. A snivellin ever so umble 17th place. If that by some magic was now guaranteed the cop doffers such as yourself would say we are ''there''. There because that ius the limit of our ambition, to be allowed to remain in this league as long as we don''t make a noise, don''t try and challenge the rest. No, sit it the corner wringing our little ole norwich cap. Secondly your constant misleading of the views of the rest of the fans. That we feel it is all over, based on your cretinous belief in this embarrassing gutter crawling 17th place is good enough for us.  The reality, the true reality, is that we have 9 games left. We are closer to 9th place than 18th place. Finishing in 9th place would earn us an around an extra £6.5m. We lose around £800,000 for every place we finish below 9th place. Of course, IF we lose all of those remaining games there is a possibility we will be relegated - and if we win all those remaining games there is a possibility that we could qualify for a European place. The probability is that we will fall somewhere between those two possibilities.  So why not stop bleating constantly about the worse case scenario as if no one else is aware of it ? Why not continue the same desire and hunger that hauled us off our sorry ar ses (and bottom of the third tier) up through two tables in two seasons and saw us finish in acredible mid table spot ?   You remind of that whinging old bar stard who used to stand near me in the Barclay way back who bemoaned every chance of success we had. Why try to win a semi final as we are bound to lose the final, was his watchword. Yes, why indeed ? Why bother to support your club, and why not have us still at the bottom of League 1, in fact League 2 would be even better then you can moan your little heart out at the club, the board, the managers for not having ''hambition'' ........because guess what ? When they do, you will be on here moaning that "it ain''t for the like of hus guv''nor".

[/quote]

Your logic is non-existent.   You constantly and purposefully twist what people say to suit your agenda.    Suggest you take a holiday and chill out a bit.   There is room for other people''s views without resorting to derision and accusations of bleating.    The worst that can be said is I state the obvious, that we could go up or down.   I say that to counter the people that appear to think we are all but safe.  I''ll say it again and I''ll turn it around so perhaps even your closed mind can appreciate it - "we could end up in the top ten or we could end up in the bottom three, all scenarios are possible".  Have I got through to you yet?

""we could end up in the top ten or we could end up in the bottom three"

so why not make a comment about where we could be if we beat Wigan or how we are closer to 9th than a relegation place ?

as to ''getting through'' your constant whining about others not wetting themselves over this supposed dire relegation threat is getting through - it''s just we haven''t worked out why you should see everything in such a bad light - the club doesn''t

[quote user="City1st"]

""we could end up in the top ten or we could end up in the bottom three"

so why not make a comment about where we could be if we beat Wigan or how we are closer to 9th than a relegation place ?

as to ''getting through'' your constant whining about others not wetting themselves over this supposed dire relegation threat is getting through - it''s just we haven''t worked out why you should see everything in such a bad light - the club doesn''t

[/quote]

Ok, I''''ll play your game.   If we beat Wigan we can look forward to seeing high up the table we can go, maybe into 8th or 9th place.  There.  But in the interest of balance I will also state that if we lose to Wigan, we will be that much closer to a battle to stay up.   So there you have it, logical, accurate statements reflecting the possible outcomes of Saturday''s match - and no pant wetting.Oh, forgot to say it could be a draw which is enough to keep an unbeaten run going and keep the confidence up.

[quote user="Salopian"]

If we could find the way to score more goals, we could finish comfortably mid-table. I fear that otherwise we shall finish high enough, say 13th-15th, to look forward to next season.

Why are we not scoring many? I wonder if CH knows. It may be our concentration on defence, and with it our lack of creativity in the midfield, and it may be scorers who are just converting enough chances. Whatever the reason, it is difficult to see much changing before the end of the season. So, it''s back to the wall, chaps! I think that we may see several tight games, draws and single goal victories.

[/quote]

Couldn''t of said it better myself.OTBC....COME ON YOU YELLOWS!!!

I totally agreewe need to concentrate on thisseasonat the moment. saturday night the table could look very pleasant there again it could be a tad scary still albeit we have our home games andevn the trip to Stoke to try and get the 4 or 5 points we need

Who cares how high we can climb it all depends on so many factors.

Lets concentrate on securing a much needed win tomorrow, aim to get to 40points as quickly as we can, secure mathematical safety and then just go from there. We should be wanting the bottom 2 to be out of our reach soon and making that third spot someone else''s is not down to us. So lets focus on tomorrow, 3 points.

Next season will be tough integrating quality players in with a squad that does not have many headline writers, but the three that come up will be significantly weaker than the three who came up this season.

Right now I do not care how high we fly as long as we focus on each match, secure safety and then move on. As some have said maybe put a murthy on the bench and give them a run out near the end of the season.