Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Do we deserve to go down?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I haven''t read any post except the original one, as too many of you talk rubbish to make it, on average, worth my time.

We deserve to stay up if and only if we get enough points to finish in 17th place or above. That''s the be all and end all of it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So which of those club''s fans would prefer Nowich to be relegated?

Most fans of other clubs that I speak to like us being there.

I reckon, that it''s our own fans, or some of them, or specifically you and a few others that post on here[:O]

[/quote]

''specifically me'' eh??......I''m honoured indeed but sadly cannot accept this level of praise, the briefest of glances through most of the threads on this message board are littered with numerous folk who share my concerns.

[/quote]

Everybody who supports the club has concerns. But specifically you and a few others make stuff up for dramatic effect...

[/quote]

I''d love to say I''ve ''made up'' the fact that we''ve won 1 game in 14.......or that we''ve scored 5 goals in 11 games........or that our gap over the relegation zone has been cut from 10 pts to 4 in 2 rounds of games?!?.............none of that ''dramatic'' enough for you.....or care to detail me on what else I''m apparantly ''making up''??

[/quote]

The neutral fans???

Have you lost the thread already?

[/quote]

nothing ''made up'' there?!.....as I suggested most ''neutral fans'' would rather see a club rewarded for an attacking style rather than one that adopts spoiling ,safety first approach

[/quote]

So they all told you that did they? Like I said, the fans I have spoken to like us being in the prem. If it was up to neutral fans Wigan and Stoke would already be relegated. Or the ones I speak to anyway.

Or howabout Hughton''s style taking you back to your childhood during our unbeaten run. You weren''t bothered by the tactics then But now because we are struggling for results you don''t like it anymore...

[/quote]

now,now   if you''re going to take the trouble to dredge up an old quote at least do me the grace of doing it accurately. My quote was along the lines of likening beating Man Utd and being in cup quarter finals to what it was like in the 80''s....nothing of unbeaten runs or style of play?

our win to draw ratio during that run was higher than the current draw/lose ratio.....and guess what?......other clubs might actually ''scout'' us as a season goes on ,in order to combat what we may have been doing better earlier in the season?.....the challenge that Hughton is failing with is our seemingly inability to adapt or vary our approach in reaction.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Really people? Really??!Here is our home form;P 15 W6 D6 L3.If we win 1 drew 2 and lose 1 of our remaining home games, we stay up. (i.e. maintain home form)Every game is NOT a cup final. We''re in 14th, with good home form and a decent home fixture list remaining. Wigan was NOT a crunch game. We were in 12th, 7 above the drop.If we end up in the positions of Wigan, Villa or with a run in like Sunderland, then we can start talking about crunch games and cup finals.[/quote]

We have score 3 goals at Home Since Christmas. I rest my case!!!![/quote]We''ve picked up 7 points in those 5 games. Keep that form up, and we''ll be safe. Thanks for helping make my point, and making your point completely invalid, seeing as though you "rest your case" ''n all [;)]

[/quote]

3 goals scored at home this year, " keep that form up and we will be safe". NURSE!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]We haven''t lost a home league game this year.  Keep that up and we will be safe...
[/quote]

with our goal diff.....I wouldnt like to bet that 4 draws will be enough!!??!!

[quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="Vanwink"][quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]Really people? Really??!Here is our home form;P 15 W6 D6 L3.If we win 1 drew 2 and lose 1 of our remaining home games, we stay up. (i.e. maintain home form)Every game is NOT a cup final. We''re in 14th, with good home form and a decent home fixture list remaining. Wigan was NOT a crunch game. We were in 12th, 7 above the drop.If we end up in the positions of Wigan, Villa or with a run in like Sunderland, then we can start talking about crunch games and cup finals.[/quote]

We have score 3 goals at Home Since Christmas. I rest my case!!!![/quote]We''ve picked up 7 points in those 5 games. Keep that form up, and we''ll be safe. Thanks for helping make my point, and making your point completely invalid, seeing as though you "rest your case" ''n all [;)]

[/quote]

3 goals scored at home this year, " keep that form up and we will be safe". NURSE!!!!!!!![/quote]Dress it up all you want, he''s just made you look a right idiot, our home form has been sensational. Still yet to see anyone put a bet on Norwich going down despite so many on here saying its a certainty.......

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]We haven''t lost a home league game this year.  Keep that up and we will be safe...[/quote]

[/quote]Wigans is pretty much the same as ours and Villas is worse....

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]We haven''t lost a home league game this year.  Keep that up and we will be safe...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wigans is pretty much the same as ours and Villas is worse....
[/quote]

if we draw 4 (and lose at Arsenal & Man City....the latter ,if not both rather heavily)....our g.d will get worse

[quote user="Aces High"]Weve sleep walked ourselves into this. Some people have been really happy that were going for a point, However the more wiser amongst us have seen that this would inevitably lead us into trouble. Theres been so many games this season that having an attacking approach would definitely of got us 3 points. This is how i see it 3 games under HUGHTON is him wanting three points at best we''ll get 2 HOWEVER 3 games under an attacking manager who goes for it would at least get 1 win and two losses maybe even 1 win 1 draw say either way thats 3 or 4 points. ATTACKING FOOTBALL IS THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/quote]You are 100% right Aces High, Villa fans and Blackpool fans are agreeing with you.Lambert was a very attacking manager, his team are currently 4 points behind ours..... which throws your argument out of the window, lets not forget the money they have spent compared to us

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]We haven''t lost a home league game this year.  Keep that up and we will be safe...[/quote]

[/quote]Wigans is pretty much the same as ours and Villas is worse....[/quote]

if we draw 4 (and lose at Arsenal & Man City....the latter ,if not both rather heavily)....our g.d will get worse

[/quote]And if Wigan get smashed by Spurs, Man City and Arsenal theirs will get worse, likewise Villa when they play United and Chelsea.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wigans is pretty much the same as ours and Villas is worse....
[/quote]

[/quote]

And if Wigan get smashed by Spurs, Man City and Arsenal theirs will get worse, likewise Villa when they play United and Chelsea.

[/quote]

I  ''tongue-in-cheekly'' suggested that only way an unbeaten home run would be 4 draws.............still wouldnt want to risk it though!!

Do you honestly think our lot has been so bad this season GeeJay? I struggle to understand that thinking! I bet my mother-in-law has a sunnier side than you!

What people need to remember is, teams below us still have to pick up 4 points to catch us up, if  Norwich are 2 points clear on the last day of the season we will be staying up most likely due to Wigan and Villa playing each other. The football this year has been dull but I firmly believe Hughton will bring in the type of quality to this club in the summer that hasn''t been seen since the early 90''s. People who constantly moan on here never have any statistical proof to back up their claims, it''s ludicrous that some on here are saying teams like QPR, Wigan, Villa, Sunderland etc deserve to stay up when they are all below us in the table, they then wonder why they get accused of being binners

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Do you honestly think our lot has been so bad this season GeeJay? I struggle to understand that thinking! I bet my mother-in-law has a sunnier side than you!

[/quote]

dont get me wrong......as I crawled away from Craven Cottage....in 32 degrees heat back in August having witnessed what I had just witnessed, I would have ripped anyones arm off had they have offered us being 4 points clear with 7 left. My fear is that I don''t believe Hughton is currently going about things the right way. As I said things that were working earlier in the season aren''t now (although even then we were heavily reliant on set pieces) and Hughton isn''t adapting or varying our approach.

As we dicussed yesterday, the Wigan match was a fine case in point.....we could all predict beforehand that we would go up there with the emphasis on ''not losing'' and in the end fell between two stools. My main gripe is that I ''know'' that we could have played it 2 or 3 different ways which ,although may still have resulted in defeat, would have given us a better chance of scoring and ultimately winning that match.

What people need to remember is, teams below us still have to pick up 4 points to catch us up,

Ellis you are talking about Wigan and Villa and what you need to remember is that their form is better than ours!

What makes you think that our deteriorating form is going to improve

It''s not really deteriorating, it''s been pretty level for months now.

[quote user="Vanwink"]What makes you think that our deteriorating form is going to improve[/quote]Because, as a general concensus, that happens quite often with mid-table teams. Go on a bad run, a good one, a bad one, etc. It''s what makes mid-table mid-table.I still think, quite clearly, we''ll finish mid-table. We need to sort things out against Swansea but i know we''re capable of doing that and we have a generally good record against them.

i''m not worried by the ''slip up'' to Wigan.

I very rarely expect to get anything more than a draw away from home, and expect us to stay in this division "comfortably" by our home form.

with 3 defeats at home all season (Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool) and the other matches producing 6 wins and 6 draws.

with Swansea, Reading, Villa and WBA to come at home. A Grand Total of 5pts would be enough to see us stay up...

So the fact that we hardly get a shot on target let alone score a goal will miraculously resolve itself.

"Vanwink"Yep just the 2 points in March then, steady as she goes!

It was a cold month.

I agree with your OP RDS7.I too believe that had we have been a bit more positive in the games you listed, we would be safe by now. People will say "we could have lost them" and yes we could have. But its just as easy to say " we could have won them".The last 10 mins of the Everton game and Swansea awaywere what we are about. We went for it and the players looked so comfortable. Unfortunately, too often this year, many have looked a shadow of there former selves.

yes and every team bar united could say exactly the same.

If we had won all those games, we''ll be on 50pts maybe u would like to find a few more, and we could be 3rd in the league.

If we are to stay in this division through our ''superior'' home form, let''s hope that Hughton prepares the team to play under real pressure and has the team appropriately motivated - it didn''t go too well against Villa - a pressure match, against a well motivated team.