Sign in to follow this  
chicken

Results watching . . . . . . .

At the start of play I was hoping for the following:

Man City to loose - it would put more significance on the Man Utd match, or arguably less.

Scousers to beat Southampton.

Draw between Villa and QPR.

Stoke to loose or draw with West Brom.

Swansea to loose to Arsenal - no real reason.

Man Utd to beat Reading.

At almost 15:45 my hopes are not yet met.

Everton beat Man City 2-0.

Scousers have got it all wrong and are on the other end of a 2-0 loss and it could get worse.

QPR are beating Villa, which if one team is to win, they''d be the preference as our points distance remains intact.

Stoke are drawing which is good. And Man Utd are to thrash, I mean play Reading in the late kick off.

Either way, some teams are going to get some points I don''t want them to get today and then I''ll be tearing my cheeks/nails/hair/face apart come kick off tomorrow.

And Villa draw even.

@Stig: It''s about preferred results, we obviously want the gap to stay as large as possible between us and the bottom three. QPR and Villa drawing is ideal in that sense.

So we just need Liverpool to pull their socks up and get a couple more against Southampton, which is doable.

a villa win is a good result for citylet newcastle turn over wigan tomorrow and citys result isnt that big an issuemeans when city go to the dw we can really stick the knife in and take all the pressure off

Well, as things stand, it''s still not a bad day at the office. Still 9 points clear.

In a way it is looking more and more like the bottom three are getting cut adrift.

It''s not overly a bad thing. We maintain the gap and keep a good number of teams between us and we do ok.

Also, Stoke failing to pull away does give us a golden opportunity to steal a march on the top half of the table. We shall see, but even a draw could put us up to 11th.

[quote user="chicken"]Well, as things stand, it''s still not a bad day at the office. Still 9 points clear.

In a way it is looking more and more like the bottom three are getting cut adrift.

It''s not overly a bad thing. We maintain the gap and keep a good number of teams between us and we do ok.

Also, Stoke failing to pull away does give us a golden opportunity to steal a march on the top half of the table. We shall see, but even a draw could put us up to 11th.[/quote]
That''s the most important thing. Hopefully Man Utd. can beat Reading and Wigan lose to Newcastle, and the gap remains. 

It actually could not be worse results for us.

VIlla winning, and pulling clear, Soton winning, pulling clear.

If Wigan win against Newcastle tomorrow, we will be down in the mire, getting sucked into it.

But all you happy clappers clearly dont want to see this.

For me, 38 points will probably not be enough this year, I fear we need 40.

Getting more and more pissed on all the people claiming we are more or less safe.

Every team in the bottom gaining points is bad for us. It is better to have 6 teams in the mire than only 3.

And Wigan will play us soon at their place, and if we lose there, which is likely given Hughtons negativity installed in the players, we are really in the thick of it.

[quote user="grefstad"]It actually could not be worse results for us.

VIlla winning, and pulling clear, Soton winning, pulling clear.

If Wigan win against Newcastle tomorrow, we will be down in the mire, getting sucked into it.

But all you happy clappers clearly dont want to see this.

For me, 38 points will probably not be enough this year, I fear we need 40.

Getting more and more pissed on all the people claiming we are more or less safe.

Every team in the bottom gaining points is bad for us. It is better to have 6 teams in the mire than only 3.

And Wigan will play us soon at their place, and if we lose there, which is likely given Hughtons negativity installed in the players, we are really in the thick of it.[/quote]

have to agree mate, we must get something tomorrow imo, its squeaky bum time now for sure, thing is others have goals in them, we could not score in a brothel atm.

If only the players could have a bit of belief in themselves, but I´m more and more afraid that Hughtons callculation gameplan for survivial is stuck in the players heads too, and as such, they become a bit stale, and afraid of losing.

1 point here and there is just not enough for us in this situation.

Reminds me very much about 94-95.

Remember, that if it was not for the unlikely wins over Arsenal and Man U in that 10 match unbeaten run, we would be on 27 points now, and deep in the mire.

On a completely selfish point of view, i''m delighted with todays results, £5 on a Villa, Southampton and Stoke/WBA draw treble, 33/1. Lovely.

And we''ll be safe. Its got nothing to do with being a happy clapper, thats an idiotic claim to make, i''m getting really fed up of this, the people with negative views claim anyone positive is a happy clapper, anyone positive claims anyone negative isn''t a fan, or is a troll etc. People have different opinions. Not being able to handle someone thinking we''re safe, or someone thinking we could/will/might go down is silly. I think we''ll stay up, and don''t really care about the other teams results, I think we''ll win 2/3 more games this season, and only lose a couple, plenty of points to stay up but still...

Agree with grefstad, if we lose tomorrow then we are in a real relegation scrap. Tomorrow is a must win match against a team below us that have lost 4 of the last 5. We dont want to be in a scrap with wigan, tthey are experianced at this and as said we have to go there.

So, the ''happy clappers'' are focusing on reality whilst the others are all talking hypothetically? 
If Wigan win...
If we lose...
If Wigan beat us...

And if Soton hadn''t beaten Man City & Liverpool, or if Villa hadn''t won at Anfield, or if West Ham hadn''t beaten so an so. Even QPR have beaten Chelsea.

You get unexpected results in all divisions.

[quote user="grefstad"]If only the players could have a bit of belief in themselves, but I´m more and more afraid that Hughtons callculation gameplan for survivial is stuck in the players heads too, and as such, they become a bit stale, and afraid of losing. 1 point here and there is just not enough for us in this situation. Reminds me very much about 94-95. Remember, that if it was not for the unlikely wins over Arsenal and Man U in that 10 match unbeaten run, we would be on 27 points now, and deep in the mire.[/quote]

I don''t really see that being 9 points clear means that we are "in the mire" but even if we were, did you not expect to be at this stage of the season? I certainly did. The wins over Arsenal and Man U made up for the failures against West Ham and QPR but yes, I still think that 38 points will be enough and that we will be comfortable clear by then.

I don''t see us losing the next two games but even if we do, we have 4 winnable home games left and only need to win two of them.

Sunderland will come at us tomorrow but I can''t see Fletcher getting the better of Bassong and I can''t see Bramble and O''Shea stopping Holt and Snoddy. I think we''ll get at least a draw.

Nark off will yah?

I am not a ''happy clapper'', nor am I a doomsayer.

I am appraising the results. Opinions are welcome, insults and subjugating are not.

As it stands there is six points between Wigan and Villa. Nine between Wigan and us, Newcastle, West Ham and Fulham along with Stoke only being one more point at ten points further.

If we get dragged in, so will all of those teams.

8 games left to play for some of those now. You look at QPR, 7 points from safety. They are going to have to bust a gut to get a better than one point a game average which they will need now. Reading and Wigan equally so.

If we get five points from the remaining 9 games (and I''ll eat a candy flavoured hat if we manage as little as that) then we will be on 38 points. Currently 14 points clear of 17th place. 14 points. Out of Reading and Wigan who do you see getting 15 points out of their remaining fixutres? Or 16 points for QPR?

Sure the threat of relegation is still there, no one has said it isn''t but looking at the form book and the points teams have picked up so far this season I think you''ll find it hard to evidence any of them pushing on.

Villa''s victory over QPR was totally predictable (I had 2-1) so no loss there. Southampton''s was unexpected so a good gain for them but puts into perspective what a decent point we got last week.I have Wigan v Newcastle for a draw also.

[quote user="ricardo"]Villa''s victory over QPR was totally predictable (I had 2-1) so no loss there. Southampton''s was unexpected so a good gain for them but puts into perspective what a decent point we got last week.I have Wigan v Newcastle for a draw also.[/quote]
Decent point? Yeah, right... okay. [^o)]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Ricardo - also got Wigan down for the draw. The real issue is do you see us getting a point up here at Sunderland or at Wigan?[/quote]Yes I have us down for 1-1 but we are still 1 point ahead of my pre-season predictions so I won''t be panicking if we lose.Any chance of you revising your expectation of QPR surviving? I''ve been telling you for weeks that they are dead..