Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Holt seems half hearted

[quote user="he likes paella "]Not just the missed pen but didn''t seem interested today. Simple as that.[/quote]Held the club to ransom in the summer and is now Sh**ing on all of us from a great height....

If ever a player''s body language meant that he should not have taken a penalty it was today.

Grant Holt is not firing on all cylinders, he seems to have lost his will to perform and battle.

I was concerned at his pre season outburst. He has been disappointing for 50% of the season. You can only hope he has a strong positive influence in the dressing room. He is a leader and a legend but as a striker is not doing what he is paid for (on improved contract)

I agree with most of this about his performance today - I said on another thread he really seemed to lack desire today.

But then again the Spurs game wasn''t so long ago - and for an hour he terrorised them (until he got too knackered to move and had to come off)

So what the hell has happened?

Is it the hero-worship for Kamara that''s put his nose out of joint? Really hope not.

Holt does seem half hearted, a lot to do with the system we''re playing but hes still our best striker!

Why is it that Norwich fans spect all their players to play to their best every game, is it because most of them have very little idea about football?

Fans don''t expect players to play their best everyday! They understand that they can''t, they go through patches of good and bad form during the season. Holt hasn''t done anything all season and people just expect effort at least every game and holt isn''t doing that.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Fans don''t expect players to play their best everyday! They understand that they can''t, they go through patches of good and bad form during the season. Holt hasn''t done anything all season and people just expect effort at least every game and holt isn''t doing that.[/quote]

Of course he is putting in effort, he is still a top player for us and we are a much weaker team when he is not in the side. You are surely not trying to turn him into the new Morrison are you?

[quote user="killiecanary"]I agree with most of this about his performance today - I said on another thread he really seemed to lack desire today. But then again the Spurs game wasn''t so long ago - and for an hour he terrorised them (until he got too knackered to move and had to come off) So what the hell has happened? Is it the hero-worship for Kamara that''s put his nose out of joint? Really hope not.[/quote]

Probably. Do Leeds have another striker we can swap him for? [;)]

Holt has had 2 or 3 decent games this season but in general has had a very poor season. Its difficult not to believe he has been affected by his home situation as by judgingfrom his tweets he can''t wait to get up to  Carlisle at every opportunity. He hasn''t been helped by the negative tactics and he looks like he could be following Morrisson onto the list of decent strikers ruined by our current manager. Morrisson looks the player he did at the start of last season again playing for Leeds. Shame our current management couldn''t harness his cuurent goal scoring form. I know its a league below us but in 3 games he has only one less goal for Leeds than our top scorer.