Sign in to follow this  
Markushillman

Gary hooper on his way?

[quote user="QHcanary"]Why wait until 2 hours before the deadline before finally stating he wasn''t for sale. Nobs. Celtic can f*ck off for wasting our time.[/quote]

Based on what has said in public if anyone has been wasting our time it has been us. Making bids right up to close to the deadline that seem to have been nowhere near what Celtic would have considered accepting. Whether the Celtic price is too high is irrelevant. We seemed not to realise that Celtic were in no mood to sell and would only be tempted by something close to the asking price.

There have been no further bids since this morning, it''s just Internet speculation.

We want to buy, the player wants to come, but Celtic are either denying him his move or we''re refusing to be shafted. Either way it''s not happening so time to move on.

We''ve had a bit of a rough patch where some tough fixtures coincided with a few injuries, but last night showed the squad is more than good enough to stay up and we''ve got Becchio and Kamara to come in.

Save it for the summer and aim higher than Hooper.

"Based on what has said in public if anyone has been wasting our time it has been us. Making bids right up to close to the deadline that seem to have been nowhere near what Celtic would have considered accepting. Whether the Celtic price is too high is irrelevant. We seemed not to realise that Celtic were in no mood to sell and would only be tempted by something close to the asking price."

I may well be slightly peed off and over reacting, but if they''d just categorically stated from the off that hooper wasn''t for sale, and refused to comment further then we might have avoided this merry go round.

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Based on what has said in public if anyone has been wasting our time it has been us. Making bids right up to close to the deadline that seem to have been nowhere near what Celtic would have considered accepting. Whether the Celtic price is too high is irrelevant. We seemed not to realise that Celtic were in no mood to sell and would only be tempted by something close to the asking price." I may well be slightly peed off and over reacting, but if they''d just categorically stated from the off that hooper wasn''t for sale, and refused to comment further then we might have avoided this merry go round.[/quote]

I think if you read through all of Lennon''s quotes you will see that he has categorically and consistently stated that Hooper isn''t for sale. He confessed that, ''every player has his price'' but that is the case for anyone. 

If he was that bloody brilliant there would be someone else in for him, he''s a gamble and if Celtic''s valuation is more than Â£8million then imo walking away is the best option.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Apparently Charlie mulgrew just said on twitter....good luck Gary hooper! Could he still come?![/quote]

Then deleted it and said instead "Enjoyed that!"

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Did that flight come in to Norwich from Glasgow? Was rab c nesbitt on there?[/quote]

No, The Crankies are doing a show for the Aylsham Womens Insitute.

The Crankies..... Some bloke getting his gobby missus to dress up as a gobby school boy!

And to think that Jimmy Saville got some stick recently.....

[quote user="djc"]The Crankies..... Some bloke getting his gobby missus to dress up as a gobby school boy! And to think that Jimmy Saville got some stick recently.....[/quote]

Scotland certainly have had some ahem gifts to the entertainment world, Frankie Boyle springs to mind aswell.

"I think if you read through all of Lennon''s quotes you will see that he has categorically and consistently stated that Hooper isn''t for sale. He confessed that, ''every player has his price'' but that is the case for anyone."

Of course it''s true for anyone, but how much would it take to prise RVP from Utd at the moment? More than anyone would be willing to pay, so to some extent it''s a pointless statement. It''s only got meaning in this instance because the fee they were rumoured to want is realistic for our budget.

I think Celtic were willing to do a deal, and if they weren''t they wouldn''t have said what they said. If he really wasn''t for sale (except for a fee far in excess of his percivex value) they could have just said so and been done with it.

TBH I think we''ve done ourselves no favours by upping our bids by so little, and Celtic have gotten booted of it. It''s norwich''s fault to a large extent, IMO.

Doesn''t stop me having a bit of a paddy until the morning though.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

[quote user="QHcanary"]"Based on what has said in public if anyone has been wasting our time it has been us. Making bids right up to close to the deadline that seem to have been nowhere near what Celtic would have considered accepting. Whether the Celtic price is too high is irrelevant. We seemed not to realise that Celtic were in no mood to sell and would only be tempted by something close to the asking price." I may well be slightly peed off and over reacting, but if they''d just categorically stated from the off that hooper wasn''t for sale, and refused to comment further then we might have avoided this merry go round.[/quote]

I think if you read through all of Lennon''s quotes you will see that he has categorically and consistently stated that Hooper isn''t for sale. He confessed that, ''every player has his price'' but that is the case for anyone. 

[/quote]

Quite. One can only go on what is made public, but it does look as if we misjudged the situation. That we thought gradually raising the offer would work. And in some cases it does. When the selling club needs to sell. But that wasn''t the case here, and we didn''t seem to realise that. It was us that kept the merry-go-round turning. Celtic just kept playing Hooper in matches.

Bizzarely it looks like Celtic are going to sign Kevin Doyle tonight. Surely he would have been Hooper''s replacement??