Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Its been a bad day but other sides have had a worse one

I''m still struggling to see how losing to the poorest Liverpool side in 50 years by 5 goals and being in table/confidence free-fall could be any worse. Not to mention the trouble & effort it took to get to Anfield and back....

I don''t think many of us thought we''d get anything today so at that level we''re no worse off. We were poor today but, more significantly, we were poor against Newcastle. Equally, at both West Brom and Ham - we never look that threatening and at no point did we look like winning. QPR is a very important game as is Fulham - we really need 4 points from these two to keep any sort of cushion. And the train''s late now...

[quote user="Robornio"]I''m still struggling to see how losing to the poorest Liverpool side in 50 years by 5 goals and being in table/confidence free-fall could be any worse. Not to mention the trouble & effort it took to get to Anfield and back....[/quote]
You could be on fire?

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="Robornio"]I''m still struggling to see how losing to the poorest Liverpool side in 50 years by 5 goals and being in table/confidence free-fall could be any worse. Not to mention the trouble & effort it took to get to Anfield and back....[/quote]
You could be on fire?
[/quote]Yes, that''s true.

I mean, ouch!

if we played attacking football and went at teams a bit more maybe we would have a few more points and wouldn''t have to worry about other teams!!!

We are not strictly in "free fall", at the start of our poor run we were 10 points above the third from bottom team, despite our poor run of only one draw in the last six games we are still 7 points above the third from bottom team. Do not get me wrong we clearly need to start picking up points, but thankfully there are a few teams around us who need to pick up points to......

difference is that the majority of the teams below us have picked up more points in six games than we have, and we dont look like arresting the slide at the moment!!

But they are picking up points from each other, which is why the gap between us and third from bottom has only closed by three points over the last six games. I agree we need to start picking up points, but it is unlikely that all of the teams in the relegation scrap (Yes I include us as being in a relegation scrap) will pick up points each time we do not. I am not trying to be overly positive, I have my concerns but I am not going to let those concerns eat me up and dominate my life, if you want to find an inner peace, you may wish to adopt a similar approach, you will feel much better for it, being upset and angry all of the time is really not good for you.....

Just how you work that one out I cannot fathom - Newcastle, the side who took a point from a rapidly fading NCFC, Reading, Wigan and QPR who are ALL in better form!

We have failed to win a prem league game since 18th December. As you state home sides clearly expect a point or too win! Surely that goes for us too, take off the rise tinted spectacles, our last two performances have been nothing short of dire,lose to Spurs and QPR and we are o e of those in pole position for the drop.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Just how you work that one out I cannot fathom - Newcastle, the side who took a point from a rapidly fading NCFC, Reading, Wigan and QPR who are ALL in better form!

We have failed to win a prem league game since 18th December. As you state home sides clearly expect a point or too win! Surely that goes for us too, take off the rise tinted spectacles, our last two performances have been nothing short of dire,lose to Spurs and QPR and we are o e of those in pole position for the drop.[/quote]

At home we''ve lost to Liverpool, man city and chelsea and beaten man utd and arsenal. Are you trying to say our home forms bad?

Yes we should''ve beaten Newcastle, but we were poor and stuck in a rut and didn''t, but one game doesn''t mean home form is poor. Or are you saying we should''ve beaten Chelsea and man city? From where I was sitting we gave both of them a decent game.

The way I''m looking at it is we''re in very poor form and need a catalyst to pull us out and get some confidence back. Holt will be getting back to full fitness, we should be bringing in 1 if not 2 players before February and after our previous poor run of form we went 10 games unbeaten so CH and staff do realise when in a serious situation (and with new options could and hopefully will make changes to the formation if it continues to fail).

At home we''ve lost to Liverpool, man city and chelsea and beaten man utd and arsenal. Are you trying to say our home forms bad?

Yes we should''ve beaten Newcastle, but we were poor and stuck in a rut and didn''t, but one game doesn''t mean home form is poor. Or are you saying we should''ve beaten Chelsea and man city? From where I was sitting we gave both of them a decent game.

Persnickety² wrote the following post at 20/01/2013 8:00 AM:The way I''m looking at it is we''re in very poor form and need a catalyst to pull us out and get some confidence back. Holt will be getting back to full fitness, we should be bringing in 1 if not 2 players before February and after our previous poor run of form we went 10 games unbeaten so CH and staff do realise when in a serious situation (and with new options could and hopefully will make changes to the formation if it continues to fail).

Agreed totally with your post Persnickety. All sides in the bottom half have had poor runs at some stage this season.....it''s why they''re where they are. The 10 game unbeaten streak really was fantastic for us, I don''t expect it to happen again this season but we''ve got some very tasty home games in the 8 left and think we will be fine.

Keep calm, carry on.

Lost to pool, Chelsea and man city. And dropped points to QPR, West Ham and Newcastle, and we have won away once at Swansea!

So we went 10 games without defeat, and we have now gone 7 without a win since Dec 18th, conceding 19 goals, and you can add another 4 to that if you want to add the Villa cup match!

Hardly any consistency, and your ''stuck in a rut'' is more than right there! The rut is down to CH''s inability to play ANY kind of attacking formation, and tactically he and his coaching staff totally fail in their ability, playing players out off position regularly, and having a complete inability to change matters when things go completely tits up. We are so one dimensional throughout every game we have played in the prem. very often PL changed tactics in a match, from 442 to diamond and vice versa. Just how anyone can say CH has addressed our defensive frailty is a complete joke, look at the goals against column, that is a reality, as is the fact that Holt who scored somewhere near 18 goals last season, and has been consistently knocking them in over the last 3 seasons, suddenly has 4 - FOUR - goals to his name! Can any city supporter really conceive that Hooper or Graham would want to come here, because the tactics that Hughton employs will never, ever be conducive to a centre forward freely scoring goals. And if they do come, who makes way? There will be no major overhaul of city personnel, if that was to happen the likes of Martin, Vaughan and a few more would have been released, and they haven''t - all are still contracted and we are still paying part or all of their wages! I do not think any of us should be under any illusions here, fail to take points against Spurs and QOR, and we are in the mire, with the likes of Man Utd and City, Arsenal, stoke, Wigan and Sunderland to play away, and improving reading and Southampton at home. Where do you see the wins coming from, as you state, we are in rut, and as I say, we have no consistency and do not look like winning, home or away!