Sign in to follow this  
deltic31

Half time refreshment in the Barclay

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Surfbird"]The trouble is Deltic 31 that when Chase built the Barclay stand the upper section was designed for the away side fans and did not have such good facilities as the lower which was for home supporters. However opposing fans were chucking stuff onto Home fans down below and so the away area was moved elsewhere.[/quote]

Apart from  the upper Barclay being used for a cup game v Coventry i don''t think it was ever used for visiting fans on any other occassion.

[/quote]It was also used by Spurs fans for a Premier League fixture when I think the main problem surfaced.( Age is catching up with you Tilly )

Don''t get carried away. Probability theory says that you were bound to get something right eventually.

FYI, I could add more post-nominal letters already but that might get me accused of showing off.

[quote user="Real Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM "]Don''t get carried away. Probability theory says that you were bound to get something right eventually. FYI, I could add more post-nominal letters already but that might get me accused of showing off.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t worry about that if I were you. On this board we rightly pay much more attention to spelling simple words such as epicurean correctly than we do letters after a name.

[quote user="Real Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM "]I could add more post-nominal letters already but that might get me accused of showing off.[/quote]Crafty has always boasted about his modesty.......

Some people take these things far too seriously which is why they are so easy to wind up.

Take poor purple for example, always has the dictionary to hand just in case he can score a point?.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Real Dr Crafty BSc PhD DipEM "]I could add more post-nominal letters already but that might get me accused of showing off.[/quote]Crafty has always boasted about his modesty.......[/quote]

Woof! woof! Here boy.

They could do with giving the Barclay stairs a good old sweep too, I tell you.  Last time I was walking up them steps I nearly slipped on a Calippo wrapper and broke my neck.  I reckon that''s the price we pay for on field success but that won''t be a price worth paying when someone does actually die in a litter-related accident.  I just hope that''s not me.

I agree bor/chops. At the England U21 game, I was nearly knocked out by some nutter swinging his mars bar wrapper around like a flail. It''s very dangerous and I think we need some stewards to keep the peace inside the Barclay.

Glad i''ve been out all day so only just read the latest contributions and to think Dr Crafty was rambling on about me the other day derailing threads and taking them off topic.[;)]

[quote user="Frodo"]your not funny guys lets keep this on topic mods delete this users[/quote]

Now then young ''un, weren''t you just talking about free speech on another thread, and now here you are asking for a couple of us to be banned?  Seems to me like you need to practice what you preach.  As well as punctuate what you preach.

The best way I''ve seen to ease bar scrums at half time is by employing backpack keg-carriers like they had at Derby a few years back. Those guys were boshing out plastic pints at around five a minute if you had the right change.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Glad i''ve been out all day so only just read the latest contributions and to think Dr Crafty was rambling on about me the other day derailing threads and taking them off topic.[;)]

[/quote]

Evening all!

I''d be interested to see the post where I accused you of that.

If you are so concerned about threads going off topic why comment on it so derailing the thread further?