Sign in to follow this  
JerseyKopite

Norwich vs Liverpool - Questions from a Red...

First of all, don''t hurt me, I come in peace!

I''m a Liverpool supporter and a member of the independent LFC fansite ''Redandwhitekop.com'' In the build-up to the match we run a feature called ''Spyin Kop'' in which we ask an opposition fans site for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams. Another member posted some questions on this forum last season and got some great responses, and I was hoping a few might do me the same favour ahead of our game in January.

Cheers and regards,

JK

ps.  When the article is complete I''d be happy to post a link and you''d be welcome to come along to the site and see the reaction. if you wanted to run a similar article we''d be happy to answer any questions you might have about Anfield etc.

1) Norwich were one of last seasons'' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton?

2) What are your expectations for this season, and have they changed from day one?

3) Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

4) And your worst player(s)?

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs?  Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

6) Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

7) What sort of line-up will be put out against us?

8) Where do you expect Norwich and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

9) Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?

10) Care to predict the score?

Good luck to those travelling up to Liverpool. You certainly made a racket last year, and the atmosphere at Carrow Road was great.

Hiya

Re: Question 5, Jeremy Goss'' goal at Anfield in the last game before the Kop terraces were dismantled.

1) Norwich were one of last seasons'' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton?

Hughton''s approach is far different to Lambert who was a lot more gung-ho. Under Lambert it felt like we were playing on edge, a championship squad playing out of their skins for survival - but we finished 12th as a reward for that. This season feels a lot more comfortable. Hughton''s signings have made us a lot more stable at the back, with Bassong, Turner and Tettey forming the spine of our squad. I definitely think Hughton was the right appointment, and in many ways Lambert leaving a good thing - I feel if we get back to being consistent after our losses over the Christmas period - we could well finish 12th or higher this season in an arguably tighter league this year.

2) What are your expectations for this season, and have they changed from day one?

Kind of what I outlined above, anything that provides us with Premiership safety is the ultimate target for a club of our stature at the moment but I think at this stage we are well positioned to do so. At times it does feel like we should be looking up rather than down when you can go on a run of 10 games and beat the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal on home soil relatively comfortably, but a run of four losses is definitely a reality check. Saying that, I''d be disappointed to not finish around 12th again.

Ruddy, Bassong, Tettey and Holt. The absolute spine of our team. When one is missing we miss them badly. Saying that, our squad is full of evens, and everyone can put in a good performance. That''s the really good thing about Hughton''s squad, there''s no real bad links (aside of Ruddy''s injury)

See above, although I think we need to strengthen in places. Morison is very hit and miss, and we don''t know a lot about Kane''s ability as of yet.

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

Whenever I''ve seen Norwich play Liverpool in person, we''ve lost!

None which will probably play on the day! We''ve got a few loaned out, but whether they''ll ever come good is a different matter.

Probably the tried and tested diamond which has worked so well this season. That said, if we make a few decent signings that could change - we do need a plan B at times.

I think Liverpool and Norwich will finish strong midtable, but I think it depends on January signings too. You are dearly missing a partner for Suarez - find the right one and I think you could well be finishing in the top 8.

Suarez without a doubt, hopefully he won''t get another hattrick against us...

Liverpool for some reason seem to be our Achilles heel, apart from last year at Anfield we always seem to struggle against you. If we get out of this losing streak, we could well snatch a draw but I feel we''ll probably lose 2-1

2 - in reality they aim is to survive, but would love to be tops ten, have to say I am surprised that you are one of our main competition for that area.

3 - Holt is key for us, always has been. However this year Tettey and Johnson are crucial in our defence and attack.

9 - Suarez is developing a nasty habit of scoring against us, but if we can control midfield think we could stop his supply.

1) Norwich were one of last seasons'' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton? Lambert did great for us, and will always be remembered. But he and his tactics have been figured out (look at villa.) Hughton coming in has probably been a key factor with us now and will be a key factor for our promising future.

2) What are your expectations for this season, and have they changed from day one? Mid table. Beginning of the season, having a new manager and all. I expected between 17-13.

3) Who do you think is your most important player(s)? The spine of our team. Bassong tettey hoolahan and Holt. What Holt is currently lacking in goals he makes up for in defensive work rate. We will be a different team compared to our last two meetings with bassong and tettey in the squad.

Probably lappin and Martin. Both of whom are out on loan. The least good players for lack of a better word within the club for me are Jackson and Tierney.

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

I hate the class Suarez has shown v us at FCR. That enough?

6) Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about? Ryan Bennett and butterfield are two youngsters the club are developing to eventually become top first team players and will be one day part of the spine of the club. However unless there are injuries both are unlikely to feature.

7) What sort of line-up will be put out against us? 4-2-3-1. Defensive line up. With the aim of retaining possession and passing to open up Liverpool.

8) Where do you expect Norwich and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League? Norwich. 12-9

Liverpool 11-8/7

9) Which Liverpool player will you fear the most? Begins with s and ends in racist. Kidding. Sort of. But Suarez is oozing class right now and I''m hopeful of selfish sturridge ruining it for our match.

10) Care to predict the score? 1-1

[quote user="AJ"]

7) What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Probably the tried and tested diamond which has worked so well this season. That said, if we make a few decent signings that could change - we do need a plan B at times.

[/quote]

Er.......

[quote user="JerseyKopite"]

First of all, don''t hurt me, I come in peace!

I''m a Liverpool supporter and a member of the independent LFC fansite ''Redandwhitekop.com'' In the build-up to the match we run a feature called ''Spyin Kop'' in which we ask an opposition fans site for their thoughts on the game and the respective teams. Another member posted some questions on this forum last season and got some great responses, and I was hoping a few might do me the same favour ahead of our game in January.Cheers and regards,JK

ps.  When the article is complete I''d be happy to post a link and you''d be welcome to come along to the site and see the reaction. if you wanted to run a similar article we''d be happy to answer any questions you might have about Anfield etc.1) Norwich were one of last seasons'' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton?[/quote]

Started quite badly but I think we can all see what the club is capable of. Hughton is shaping up to be potentially better for the club than Lambert and emotions aside, a logical progression for the club. Any Norwich fan would be lying if they said they were not gutted Lambert went to Villa and are anti Villa more in regards to thier fans singing "Only one Paul Lambert" when he was still our boss. That said, we move on and now if given the choice I would honestly say Hughton.

[/quote]

Stay up, Finish above Villa , Swansea and QPR ! Thus far 3/4 not looking bad. I think many Norwich fans are still hopefull of a better finish than last year but we need to start winning again. Loss to Wet Spam was a little disapointing but the end of a tight run of games so forgiveable !

[/quote]

Grant Holt, John Ruddy. Holt is our talisman and we seem to give 10% extra. In the same way Liverpool react to having Stevie G on the field we react when Holty is up and about ! John Ruddy, Englands #2 and at the rate of Joe Hart''s form, Englands #1. Probably the best shot stopper in the Premier league. 

[/quote]

Steve Morison. Real Marmite player for us who is getting a lot of flack for his lack of work rate.

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous meeting between our clubs?  Say something that happened to you that day or a decision you disagreed with?

[/quote]

LOL I actually gave my dad''s season ticket to a mate as a Wedding present. He is a Irish Liverpool fan so told him best behaviour in the Home section. He had a great game and even joined in with the Norwich chants. Post game we left the ground in a sea of Yellow and Green only to bump into a really drunk scouser. He lent into my mate ( who is not a small lad ) and said " Eye, that Suarez loves scoring against you''se" my mate started laughing and said " What, on the training ground ? Tw@t !" The poor Liverpool fan picked on the only other Red for as far as the eye could see !! Had us in fits of laughter as the poor chap wondered what had just happened.

[/quote]

Given your youth record, no none they are all shit stay away  !! Korey Smith has potential. And a pair of brothers in the U18''s.

[/quote]

The normal Chris Hughton away set up I expect, looking to counter attack. We will probably try to bleed a point out of you.

[/quote]

I expect we will finish somewhere around 14-16th. Now Sturidge has joined Liverpool I''d say 6th or 7th.

[/quote]

Fear, no one. Irritated by, Rat Boy Racist himself Suarez !

Nope, last time I predicted a score I said 4-1 Norwich and on that day it ended 7-1 Colchester. So , never again will I predict a score !

[/quote]

1) Lambert''s tactics were basically go for it and see what we can get - and it worked. He fostered a great spirit, built a side of his players with his personality who worked how he wanted to play. However, we saw at the end of last season (and Villa are seeing the same thing this season), that when this tactic doesn''t work, Lambert perhaps lacks a plan B. Hughton has come in, we''re much less exciting to watch, but we look more like a premiership side now in my opinion, solid(ish) base to the side and with one or two signings we could be a very decent side.

2) Day 1 expectation was to stay up. Especially with a new manager. Now, the minimum expectation is still to stay up. But I think a lot of us will be quite disappointed if we get seriously dragged into the relegation battle. I expect us to finish somewhere around 14th-10th.

3) Ruddy is the most important player in the squad. When he''s not there we look a totally different side - top quality shot stopper and commanding.

4) Difficult. I''ll have to go for Jackson and Morison. Maybe deserve more opportunities, but unfortunately I think both might be good championship strikers at best.

5) A couple of thrashings, nothing really that sticks out off the top of my head though.

6) The keeper Rudd and midfielder Korey Smith are the two who get the most discussion on here. Rudd needs games out on loan, Smith divides opinion massively and until he''s given a run in the side I don''t think we''ll ever agree on whether he''s good enough or not.

7) Depending on injuries, I expect it to be the standard 4-5-1/4-2-3-1 with the same players we used virtually unchanged for most of the unbeaten run.

8) Us - about where we are now. 12thish. I think you and Everton will be battling for 6th and 7th. You should pull clear of WBA and everyone below you, but don''t think you''re good enough to get in amongst Arsenal and the top 4.

9) Suarez. Gerrard on his day is still quality, but Suarez is the only player in the Liverpool squad this season that is a real world quality player.

10) I was at Goodison for our 1-1 draw and think/hope this might go the same. Either that or we''ll capitulate and lose 3-0.

Q5.  Some fat clown, born and bred in North Norfolk, getting on the Pitch pretending to be a scouser last season!!

Q5. You Lot stopping us from playing in Europe for the Hysel tragedy, so with that i hope you carry on wasting millions on very mediocre players and that one day you lot become the next Porstmouth!!

1) Norwich were one of last seasons'' success stories. How has this season been shaping up so far, and what are your opinions on Lambert and Hughton?I remember walking out of Cravern Cottage after 70 minutes on the opening day of the season thinking how this season was going to be very long and extremely difficult. The fans were under no illusion even before the 5-0 defeat to Fulham that life after Lambert was going to be difficult. After our 2-5 home defeat to Liverpool we secured our first league win of the season beating Arsenal 1-0, it was our first league win over Arsenal in 20 years. This win saw Chris Hughton and the team go 10 unbeaten in the League. The Christmas period saw 4 defeats on the spin with tough fixtures against Chelsea and Man City. We are just over half way through the season and looking back to the opening fixture I am more than happy with how Chris Hughton has transitioned into his role, hopefully we can re group over the next couple of weeks and pick up the remaining points we need to secure safety which is still very much our main objective. 3) Who do you think is your most important player(s)?In no particular order; John Ruddy, Sebastian Bassong, Wes Hoolahan and Grant Holt9) Which Liverpool player will you fear the most?Luis Suarez, I also rate highly Raheem Sterling, feel he has a bright future both at Liverpool and for Country.   

5) I attended the game at Anfield last year where you claimed a

well-earned point, but I was also lucky enough to visit Carrow Road this

season for our win. Do you have a particular memory of any previous

meeting between our clubs? Say something that happened to you that day

or a decision you disagreed with?I wasn''t there but I do remember a 0-1 win for us, Jeremy Goss Screamer (SHOCK) I believe it was the last game of the standing KOP.... COYY OTBC

1. Lamberts acheivements were second to none at the club,  he took a squad on its knees and truly at its nadir and transfromed us,  producing three amazing seasons of success,  playing attacking entertaining football with a win at all costs mantra.   He made players beleive in their abilities and transformed lower league also rans into players to international level who never know when they were beaten.                           CH has simply taken that to another level,   removing the clear weakness in our squad (defensive frailty ) replacing 3 of the back 4 but retaining team spirit.    He has a clear idea on how to improve the squad further.  The future under CH is bright.
  2. Expectations were for a tough year - no goals during close season and limited attacking options were exaccerbated by an extremely porous defence.     The new signings have gelled better than expected, have performed fantastically well and should now avoid any relegation fears with a mid table finish on the cards, despite the fears about teh strike forece being realised.
  3. Sebastien Bassong has been a revelation;  improving and leading the  defence, and without him we do look ropey at the back.   In goal John Ruddy has been missed having developed into an outstanding keeper.  Tettey and Snodgrass have moved our midfield up a level and allow Wes Hoolahan to be at his creative best.
  4. Given our progress its hard to say we have a worst player - we have a settled match day squad who work for the cause.   Of the regulars I would say Simeon Jackson just does not quite have the required quality. I expect the likes of Ayala, Vaughn & Ward to leave soon.
  5. My abiding memory of Anfield was an FA Cup replay I think and of John Barnes outrageously diving to earn a penalty in front of the away fans to put liverpool 2-1 up on their way to a 3-1.   Rarely had I been so angry and had to be guided back to my seat by understanding stewards
  6. Ryan Bennett is one for the future - but not at right back which is where played against The Hammers.   A composed and imposing centre back who is developing well and will be a first team regular in 18 months time.
  7. Assuming players are back from injury and no new signings are ready our very normal 4-2-3-1 will appear,  attacking down the right flank with crosses and set pieces our main goal threats.
  8. I am hopeful of a 9-14ths place finish for Norwich,  especially if we can secure an additional striker during January.   Liverpool I expect will finish just above - 7-12 place.
  9. Simply Suarez - a cut above most prem players let alone Liverpool or Norwich ones.   He is the sort of striker we defend poorly against,  pace,  movement, direct and great dribbling skills.   Bassongs presence will make a huge difference compared to the Carrow Road game,  but will it be enough?
  10. Confident with Bassong to lead the defence that we can secure a 1-1 draw again.   

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="AJ"]

7) What sort of line-up will be put out against us? Probably the tried and tested diamond which has worked so well this season. That said, if we make a few decent signings that could change - we do need a plan B at times.

[/quote]

Er.......

[/quote]

Ah yes, you must mean the tried and trusted diamond that we havent played once this season.

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

Er.......

[/quote]

Ah yes, you must mean the tried and tested diamond that we havent played once this season.

[/quote]

5. In the Barclay (in the gap between the pens, right at front, just to the right of the goal) when Justin Fashnau scored THAT goal of the season. Lost 5-3 to Dalgleish and co but still went away with a spring in my step after seeing a strike like that.

Mungo

It is essentially a diamond, just with two holding midfielders at the base - usually so one can get forward to support counter-attacks. Hoolahoop still remains in the hole at the ''tip'' anyway - just a bit further forward than under Lambert