Sign in to follow this  
Surfer

Score predictions for Swansea / this weekend

[quote user="The Clash"]Afternoon boys and girls if any. I just thought I would give you an update Henandez and Routledge our two pacey wingers were out at Arsenal and they are back this weekend. Laudrup played Michu up front Henandez just behind him Dyer and Routledge on the wings at West Brom, this resulted in a very quick attack and we played better against West Brom than Arsenal. I can see up winning lost one in 9 and that was against Man City at their place. Good luck for the trip if your coming and beat of luck for the rest of the season except when you play us.[/quote]

Thanks for the thinly veiled "we''re so good you should be scared of us" post. I am not sure I will be able to sleep at night knowing Wayne Routledge is likely to be fit.

Tough game for us admittedly and I would be happy with a point but you should also note we have not lost in 9 games including wins over Man United, Arsenal and Spurs so you may not have it quite as easy as you seem to think.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I think we used up our good fortune in the second half v sunderland. I dont think we will get turned over but expect a narrow swansea win[/quote]

I have to agree with this chap... I think it will be tough, closely fought game with two sides who play with totally different styles... In the last couple of years you have become one of our bogey teams... I think we were closely matched previously which the league table proved at the end of last season, although with differing styles of play as previously stated.. But thankfully this year I think it will be different...

Now I really like your new manager Chris Houghton, who has done a great job wherever he has worked. But I would say we have been more lucky with our managerial appointment which has enabled us to attain the services of top quality players for next to nothing in modern transfer fees... Don''t get me wrong we are not naive or arrogant enough to think they would have all signed for us had Laudrup not been our boss... But the reality is they are here and we are now a lot stronger than the team you, and let''s be totally honest, rolled over twice last season...

We do at last have a plan A, B & even C this year so be ready for a very different team...

Finally I wish all of you who are travelling tomorrow a safe and pleasant journey and genuinely wish your side well this season apart from on Saturday and of course the return fixture...

So to my prediction... A hard fought game with a final score of 2 - 1 to the Jacks....

No doubt this will be a tough game.  Both teams have new managers, the difference is that Laudrup was able to get Swansea out of the blocks in superb style at the start whereas we had some disastrous performances.  Fortunately Hughton got things together and over the last 8 PL games we have the better record.  It''s obviously a massive help to them that they have the league''s top scorer; conversley, we''ve had a fantastic run without any individual being the obvious star.  The Swansea fans don''t seem to realise our personnel and playing style have totally changed from last year.

I''m sure we''ll play it tight like we do away from home now.  Could go either way, I think a draw is most likely, it wouldn''t be a shock for either side to edge it.  I really hope we extend our unbeaten run.  I''m sure if we win, the pundits will point to Swansea having an off day and talk about how great they are (again).

Excluding the 2 london abhorations we have conceeded just 5 goals in 6 away games and lost just one so we should go with some confidence that we can repeat a result of say Everton who were also playing well but missing a key player.

The main challenge remains scoring - we have scored only 5 on the road which narrows the possible successful results.   The chances are they will score so a draw remains my optomistic prediction..

" Would love to be wrong, but feel this weekend we are going to see our recent unbeaten run come to an end.

Swansea 2 - 0 City"

Wow, that was fun. Glad to be completely, hopelessly wrong on that prediction :-)

[quote user="Shankslad"]

All Swansea have to do is turn up!   On a big high after beating Arsenal and everyone saying how wonderful they are it''s a foregone conclusion innit?

Norwich to win 0-3!!!

[/quote]

Well, I was right about the win and if the game was only for 45 mins I would''ve been right about the score too!!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Why all the doubts. On form (last 8 PL games) we''ve been doing better than them.We''ve accumulated one more point & we have a better goal difference.They''ve lost during that run & we haven''t.They might be at home & higher in the League but to counteract that we have got a better record versus Top Half clubs than we have against Bottom Half clubs (12 points v 7 points)I can see a draw at worst but I see no reason why we can''t win.Perhaps too many people are starting to believe the general Swansea hysteria around at the moment. [/quote]What I did say