Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Looks like the Posh game could sell out today

Heard that David McNally tweeted at 2.45 saying that they''d shifted 4500 tickets already !!If you need a ticket best get ordering although I suspect that Posh will release extra tickets if they''re allowed to as I doubt they''ll sell out to home fans.

Got my ticket (terrace, naturally) so I''m alright Jack BUT I hope McNasty has got his tin hat on because if any season ticket holders who wanted to go and didn''t get a ticket they might feel justifiably agrieved. Why on earth were normal procedures followed is giving a week or so for season ticket holders, the club''s loyalest fans, the opporunity to buy one ticket. Sticking the whole allocation straight to general sale for what was always going to be a very popular away trip because of the short distance if nothing else is a bizarre decision. One with repercussions, I believe.

Just tried to pay for two tickets. As I entered payment, it removed the tickets from the basket and now saying ''no away games available''.

Got my terrace tickets ordered this morning but as you say there are bound to be a lot of disappointed fans .

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Got my ticket (terrace, naturally) so I''m alright Jack BUT I hope McNasty has got his tin hat on because if any season ticket holders who wanted to go and didn''t get a ticket they might feel justifiably agrieved. Why on earth were normal procedures followed is giving a week or so for season ticket holders, the club''s loyalest fans, the opporunity to buy one ticket. Sticking the whole allocation straight to general sale for what was always going to be a very popular away trip because of the short distance if nothing else is a bizarre decision. One with repercussions, I believe.[/quote]

Why should season ticket holders get preference, anyway?    They have a very good deal in getting their tickets cheaper each and every week than us mere mortals   -  who spend probably twice as much following their team each season than season ticket holders do anyway.      If you are fortunate enough to live in or near Norwich and be a season ticket holder, then imo you have all the perks already.  

First come first served - and those who are  bothered enough to get it together to get a ticket should be congratulated - season ticket holder or not. 

So, using your logic, hard to come by away tickets at, say, Old Trafford should not be offered first to those supporters who travel to every away match but should be stuck straight on general sale? All clubs, not just Norwich, usually put in place a teired process of access to away matches for which demand is likely to exceed supply. This is in no large part to acknowledge the varying degrees of commitment/loyalty shown by those groups - regular away travellers, then season ticket holders, then club members etc.

The plastics like LDC seem to be out in force pity the loyal fans may miss out fortunately I was lucky to get mine early on

Unless more are released there will need to be another ticketing inquest

With 5000 tickets available i''m sure there was every opportunity for "loyal season ticket holders " to phone today and get what they want.I wouldn''t be surprised if Peterborough let us have another 1000 or so though .

[quote user="fonejacker"]SOLD OUT[/quote]To be honest that''s incredible on the first day of sale.I think they''ll try and get Posh to release more tickets. If it was just up to Posh they will but if the Old Bill say no there''ll be a problem.If that''s the case there''ll be plenty of City fans in the home stands so if you don''t mind that you''ll get a ticket.

McNally was forced to apologise about "Spursgate". This is potentially far more serious. The ramifications of Spursgate were largely felt by the club, they lost income/face. Anyone who wanted to go to the game could do so. "Poshgate" could end with many feeling they were not given sufficient opportunity to buy one ticket.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]So, using your logic, hard to come by away tickets at, say, Old Trafford should not be offered first to those supporters who travel to every away match but should be stuck straight on general sale? All clubs, not just Norwich, usually put in place a teired process of access to away matches for which demand is likely to exceed supply. This is in no large part to acknowledge the varying degrees of commitment/loyalty shown by those groups - regular away travellers, then season ticket holders, then club members etc.[/quote]

Commitment is all very well, but how do you measure it?    By being a season ticket holder?    You regularly come on here and slag off supporters who aren''t season ticket holders - does that make you more committed?   To me that makes you anti-Norwich.      Commitment comes in many forms - financial, emotional, physical presence of course and probably others that I can''t think of.    

As for your point generally about away allocation - a system of rewards is the fairest way, however with an allocation of 4500, I don''t think there is really anything to get worked up about - unless you think you''re better than the rest of us, of course................................

As I said, season ticket holders already get a good deal.   Its about time you realised it and learned to appreciate all Norwich fans.

I think its right that season ticket holders & regular away travellers get priority on away premier league games. But a lot of them dont bother with the early rounds of the cups at home, as shown by the COCup this season. So i dont think it would be fair to give them priority on away games like this.

After all there is a large waiting list for season tickets, showing there are plenty of people who want to show their support regularly but cant, making these games the ideal chance for them.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Got my ticket (terrace, naturally) so I''m alright Jack BUT I hope McNasty has got his tin hat on because if any season ticket holders who wanted to go and didn''t get a ticket they might feel justifiably agrieved. Why on earth were normal procedures followed is giving a week or so for season ticket holders, the club''s loyalest fans, the opporunity to buy one ticket. Sticking the whole allocation straight to general sale for what was always going to be a very popular away trip because of the short distance if nothing else is a bizarre decision. One with repercussions, I believe.[/quote]

Why should season ticket holders get preference, anyway?    They have a very good deal in getting their tickets cheaper each and every week than us mere mortals   -  who spend probably twice as much following their team each season than season ticket holders do anyway.      If you are fortunate enough to live in or near Norwich and be a season ticket holder, then imo you have all the perks already.  

First come first served - and those who are  bothered enough to get it together to get a ticket should be congratulated - season ticket holder or not. 

[/quote]Doesn''t happen every day but I''ve got to agree with Mungo on this one.Group 2- the ten away stub holders - should have been given first dibs. Perhaps Carrow Road thought there''d be a much slower uptake although to be fair with the ticket prices reduced ( to encourage home fans ) and City providing transport to London Road for only a tenner perhaps they shouldn''t have been caught on the hop like this.I expect Mr McN is praying that Posh can conjure up another slab of away tickets from somewhere.....

[quote user="fonejacker"]SOLD OUT[/quote]Blimey - glad I nipped down at lunchtime to get mine!  Although I know all the seats had been sold out by then as the guy in front of me couldn''t get one.  Who wants to sit when you can bounce up and down on the terraces????!!!!

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="fonejacker"]SOLD OUT[/quote]Blimey - glad I nipped down at lunchtime to get mine!  Although I know all the seats had been sold out by then as the guy in front of me couldn''t get one.  Who wants to sit when you can bounce up and down on the terraces????!!!![/quote]Don''t forget that rolled up programme....

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]There are NO tickets left. McNally just tweeted. Cue many rightfully disgruntled season ticket holders. PR disaster for the club.[/quote]

PR disaster?   You''re having a giraffe.    Get off your high-chair and get out more Mungo, there''s real life going on out there..........................

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]McNally was forced to apologise about "Spursgate". This is potentially far more serious. The ramifications of Spursgate were largely felt by the club, they lost income/face. Anyone who wanted to go to the game could do so. "Poshgate" could end with many feeling they were not given sufficient opportunity to buy one ticket.[/quote]

I''m not a season ticket holder but have total respect for those that pay the price of a couple of rounds of drinks a month via interest free direct debit to show their support, I think they should have been given up to the evening before the game to  mull over whether they could be bothered to go to the posh game and then and only then should the tickets be made available to us other parasites on a first come first served basis from the ticket office in person on the morning of the game... i managed to secure 3 tickets and advanced rail travel for the posh game but would feel duty bound to hand the whole lot over free of charge to a loyal season ticket holder who has missed out...its the right thing to do OTBC

Away season ticket holders were contacted in advance of tickets going on general sale, so they''re already sorted if they want to go.

As for the rest, maybe, just maybe, the Club didn''t want the adminsitrative nightmare of an application process, followed by a general sale? Given the huge allocation, I have some sympathy with this stance.

Bottom line is, tickets were available from the Club tickets office, plus the Club shop in the City, plus the phone lines (if you fancy paying 5 pence a minute and wait over half an hour in the queue, or, most simply of all, online! In my humble opinion, that gives anyone who wants to go more than ample opportunity to get a ticket if they really want one.

As already stated, I''ve got my ticket so have no personal axe to grind. But I do know McNally has got it wrong again on an issue of ticketing and there will be hell to pay....

I''m a season ticket holder. I can''t see what all the fuss is about. This was a chance for fans who are not usually in a good position, (for whatever reason), to get in early and get some tickets for a Third Round FA Cup Tie at Peterborough. It''s not Wembley; it''s not Camp Nou. When we get there, I imagine the Club will have a sensible and fair policy.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"] PR disaster for the club.[/quote]

On the flip side it could be viewed as a PR coup selling 5000 tickets for a 3rd round FA cup game in less than 3 days in this economic climate...

Personally I think the club probably got this right because a number of away games this season have gone to general sale with a much reduced allocation (compared to P''boro) along with the poor take up of cup games this season meant that it was reasonable to put 5000 Posh tickets on general sale in my opinion.

[quote user="GMF"] 

Bottom line is, tickets were available from the Club tickets office, plus the Club shop in the City, plus the phone lines (if you fancy paying 5 pence a minute and wait over half an hour in the queue, or, most simply of all, online! In my humble opinion, that gives anyone who wants to go more than ample opportunity to get a ticket if they really want one.

[/quote]I agree that there were plenty of avenues for obtaining a ticket but 5050 were sold on a free-for-all basis in just 8 hours. Great for supporters who hardly ever go but not so great for any Group 2''s or or Group 3''s who for whatever reason couldn''t buy them today.It should really have gone to a ballot....

Personally I disagree.  About time ST holders got up off their fat backsides and queued up like the rest of us

Theres 22000 ST holders.  Id suggest that theres more than double that number that support Norwich across the globe.  That makes ST holders a minority

Live with it Mungo, Live with it [:D]

In all honesty, the written application form is ridiculous as it is. Well outdated, and I cant believe it hasnt been available to fill in electronically already. Keep the written apps there for those still in the stone age without internet (I jest) but the vast majority would fill in online with some auto system NCFCs end to auto fill in the data.However yes, why shouldn''t season ticket holders get priority over general sale? Especially on a game which is going to sell out quick. Yes, you can argue that people from far away cant get to every game, and thats fair enough, but why should someone who has been to 0 games in the last year have the same chance of getting x tickets as someone who has been to 20-25?I do agree that Members with 5 away stubbs or 10 stubbs total should be same group at ST holders, not needing 10 away stubbs as this is too much IMOAs for the groups, well we know from McNallys tweets that they are looking to change that next season.